剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我肯定要申请明德学院
I'm definitely putting Middlebury on my list.
佛蒙特州的冬天可是真心冷
Vermont is really cold in the winter.
所以我也要申请加州大学洛杉矶分校
Which is why I also have UCLA on here.
进军好莱坞哦亲
Hollywood, baby.
这可能是
For the first of,
接下来几年无数次中的第一次
I'm sure many times over the next couple of years,
我得问问你 维吉尼亚大学有什么不好
I have to ask, what is wrong with UVA?
-你在那是传奇 -两次都是
- Yeah, you are a legacy... - Twice.
可不 我在那毕业还遇到了此生真爱
Yeah, I got my degree and met the love of my life.
瞧瞧 最佳买♥♥♥一♥送♥一♥
See? Greatest twofer ever.
你该考虑申请乔治敦大学
You should consider Georgetown.
我在那很开心
I'm really happy there.
谢谢你们 麦考德们
Okay, thank you, McCords,
但我想去外州开辟新历程
but I would like to go out of state and blaze a new trail.
我懂 但你开辟新历程
I know, but do you have to blaze
也不用一下开辟到加州去吧
all the way to California?
杰森 你好啊
Yeah. Hey, Jason,
你会考虑申请维吉尼亚大学的对吧
you'll consider UVA, right?
咱们家需要再有个Wahoo
We need another Wahoo in the family.
就为了这称呼也不能申请啊
Okay, the nickname itself is reason to cross it off the list.
我不准备上大学 所以...
I'm not going to college, so...
我能问问为什么吗
And may I ask why?
学术界里只有富二代才能出人头地
Academia's a shell game that only rich kids can win.
不然的话就是个积累债务的工厂
It's a student debt factory
根本不会传授智慧或者技能
that imparts no real wisdom or skills.
简直就是个骗局
It's a racket.
我在走入现实社会前
That's what I thought, too,
也是这么想的
until I actually got out in the real world.
我们已经把大学教育基金准备好了
We already have a college fund all set aside.
学费永远比存款涨得快
College expenses will outpace anything you've saved.
你们真打算放弃退休金
Do you really want to mortgage your retirement
就为了我能再幼稚四年
so I can extend my childhood for four years
喝喝小酒然后加入个兄弟会吗
going to keggers and pledging a frat?
这说得还有点道理
Now, that's a good point.
-既然说到这 教育基金有多少钱 -好多钱
- When you put it that way. How much is in the college fund? - A lot.
-够我们去周游世界吗 -特别够
- Enough so that we could sail around the world? - Heck yeah.
因为我一直想去加拉帕戈斯群岛看看
Because I've always wanted to see the Galapagos Islands.
可不 还可以去...
Yeah, heck, we could go on...
-你们在取笑我 -是有点
- You're making fun of me. - A little bit.
你们知道吗
You know what?
我可不用听你的建议 教授大人
I don't have to take advice from you, Professor.
你一开始是大企业的傀儡
First, you were a puppet for big business,
现在又投身军工这个大染缸
and now you're working for the military-industrial complex.
你这两回搞得可真行
How's that for a twofer?
往好处想 如果他改变主意
Well, on the upside, if he does change his mind,
他这番话可以写出一篇很好的申请文书
I think he's landed on a great topic for his application essay.
别告诉我
Oh, don't tell me.
这是那份著名的东非腐♥败♥报告吗
Is that the famous East Africa corruption report?
除此无它
The one and only.
终于写完了
It's finally finished?
是终于印出来了
Well, it's finally printed out.
454页的原始激♥情♥
454 pages of raw excitement.
我们已经将最新的改动
We've run the most recent changes
通知了财政部 商业部和中情局
by Treasury, Commerce and the CIA.
就等白宫方面点头了
All that's left is for the White House to sign off.
这种多部门合作
You know, these interdepartmental
听起来不错
task forces seem like a good idea,
但等你意识到你写完前
until you realize how many people
需要多少人同意后就不怎么样了
need to approve of it before you're finished.
我昨晚从罗马诺定了披萨
Oh, I ordered pizza from Romano's last night,
外卖♥♥小哥表示对我们如此依赖反腐机构
the delivery guy is concerned about our reliance
有点担心
on anti-corruption agencies.
我还担心他们的饼皮有点生呢
I have concerns about their crust being too doughy.
这份报告有题目了吗
Does this report have a title yet?
《东非的腐♥败♥行径及其对
"Corruption in East Africa and its Negative Impact
美国在该区域的竞争优势的负面影响》
on U.S. Competitive Advantage in the Region."
还真容易记啊
That's catchy.
我本想写《中国靠贿赂全球取胜》
See, I wanted, "China Wins Because They Bribe Everyone,"
但财政部不同意
but Treasury shot me down.
女士 亨利打电♥话♥找你
Ma'am. I have Henry on the phone.
说跟他父亲有关
He says it's about his father.
很重要
It's important.
好 谢谢你
Okay, thank you.
亲爱的 太遗憾了
Baby, I'm so sorry.
怎么回事
What happened?
我们上次见到他的时候 他看着挺好的
I mean, the last time we saw him, he-he seemed fine.
莫林今早发现的
Maureen found him this morning.
本来她以为他睡过了
At first she thought he just overslept.
他肯定是夜里去世的
He must have died during the night.
可能是心脏病发作
Probably a heart attack.
他总说想在睡梦中离世
He always said he wanted to die in his sleep--
不拖沓不痛苦
quick and painless.
是啊 但还不到时候
Yeah, but not yet.
他还年轻啊
He was too young.
他一周前给我打了电♥话♥
He called me about a week ago.
就想聊聊
Just to catch up.
我们好好长谈了一番
Had a nice long talk.
我很感谢那次机会
I'm grateful for that.
匹茨堡 宾州
过来
Come here.
莫林姑妈
Hey, Aunt Maureen.
很高兴见到你 伊丽莎白
Good to see you, Elizabeth.
莫林 很高兴见到你
Maureen, nice to see you.
-我为帕特里克深感遗憾 -谢谢
- I'm so sorry about Patrick. - Thanks.
这个早上可真不好过
Ah, it's been a rough morning,
但见到你们就好多了
but you're a bright spot in a terrible day.
来了三辆车啊
Three SUVs, huh?
我得告诉他们这些举哀的停车可要多付钱
I'll have to tell the mourners that parking is at a premium.
安全需要
Security protocol.
以防有人想杀了她
You know, in case someone wants to shoot her.
来 孩子们 帮帮我
Come on, kids, help me out, would you?
-谢了 孩子 -见到你真好
- Thanks, kid. - Good to see you.
好吧
All right.
有人想要喝点什么吗
Can I get anybody anything?
不用了 谢谢
Oh, we're good, thanks.
孩子们 我可以做几个三明治
Kids, I can make sandwiches.
我们在路上吃过了
We actually ate on the road.
莫林 你来坐下吧
Maureen, will you come and sit down?
你把大家都搞得紧张兮兮的
You're just making everybody nervous.
爸爸 我们能去看电视吗
Dad, can we go watch TV?
-当然 -不行
- Sure thing. - No.
-拜托了 -这是家人团聚的时候
- Please? - It's family time.
他们在书房♥里也是家人嘛
They can be a family in the den.
埃琳 如果你哪天终于决定要孩子了
Erin, if you finally decide to have kids of your own,
你得知道
you may find there's more to it
可不能事事顺着他们
than giving in to them all the time.
我教高中历史
I teach history to high schoolers.
我是判断青少年什么时候
I'm an expert in knowing when a teenager needs to get up
想离开房♥间的专家
and get the heck out of the room.
好吧 去吧 都去
Okay, go. Go, you guys. Go ahead.
我去散散步吧
Um, I think I'm gonna take a walk.
我和你一起去
I'll come with you.
爸爸 你家见
Dad, I'll see you back at your place.
回见
Later.
现在大人可以自♥由♥谈话了
Well, now the grown-ups can talk freely.
亨利和伊丽莎白还不知道你的事
Henry and Elizabeth haven't heard your news.
对 我和斯黛西分居了
Oh, yeah. Um, me and Stacy are separated.
天哪 沙恩 我真遗憾
Oh, gosh, Shane, I'm sorry to hear that.
我还挺喜欢她的呢
I really liked her.
我也是 就是太匆忙了
Me, too. We just jumped in too fast.
那就是上一次
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表