剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
"I'm terribly sorry your heartless autocrat husband
我非常遗憾"
is finally dead"
我知道哪件能让这位残酷的独♥裁♥丈夫
Well, I know which one makes this heartless autocrat
很高兴他没有死
of a husband glad he's not dead.
我的天哪 这简直是最糟糕的性暗示了
Oh, my God, that is the lamest come-on line ever.
简直...
I mean, that's...
-再蠢不过了 -但是成功了
- That is the stupidest thing... - And yet, it's working.
奥斯特罗夫对抗美国是出于国内因素
Ostrov antagonized America for domestic reasons,
以维持他对权力的控制
to maintain his grip on power.
现在他死了
Now he's dead.
是不是正好有机可乘呢
Am I crazy to think there's a window of opportunity here?
我同意 国务卿
I agree, Ma'am.
但问题在于 将军们想要什么
But the question is: What do the generals want?
不再受到我们的制裁
To get out from under the sanctions we slapped on them?
还有放弃奥斯特罗夫在东乌克兰发动的
And to back out of Ostrov's stupid war of choice
愚蠢战争
in eastern Ukraine.
所以我们能想法让他们宣告胜利打道回府吗
So, can we give them a way to declare victory and go home?
可是为什么要撤兵
But why?
他们最终会打赢的
Ultimately, they win on the battlefield.
因为损失的战士和卢布
'cause it's costing far more lives
可远比他们承认的要多
and rubles than they want to admit.
如果我们能说服乌克兰人同意
What if we can convince the Ukrainians to sign off
就东部自治权进行投票呢
on a vote for greater autonomy in the east?
那不是在嘉奖俄♥国♥的侵略行为吗
It's rewarding Russian aggression.
这也是他们需要的遮羞布
It's also the fig leaf they need.
那基辅政♥府♥又能得到什么呢
And what does the government in Kiev get,
除了可能要将半壁江山拱手让人以外
besides potentially signing away half of their country?
在他们绝无胜算的战争中赢得和平
Peace in a war they can't win.
如果东乌克兰投票决定要更大的自主♥权♥
Serious military guarantees from us for western Ukraine
西乌克兰将得到美国的军事保障
if the east does vote for greater autonomy.
如果投票公正 也有可能会是基辅想要的结果
And if the vote is fair, it may even go Kiev's way.
此外 如果葛莱弗让美国取消制裁
Also, if Gorev's the guy who got the sanctions lifted,
俄♥罗♥斯♥民众会很看好他
he'll look pretty good to the Russian people.
从美国的角度来看
And from an American perspective,
葛莱弗当总统
a president Gorev is certainly
必然是最不坏的选择
the least bad option on the table.
看 共赢
Ha! Look at that. Everybody wins.
布莱克 给葛莱弗外长打电♥话♥
Blake, will you get Foreign Minister Gorev on the phone?
谢谢
Thank you.
我会告诉国务卿
I'll tell the Secretary the Foreign Minister
外♥交♥部♥长几分钟后会给她回电♥话♥ 谢谢
will call her back in a few minutes. Thank you.
她在吗
?Is she in?
她有点忙
Uh, she's a little busy.
我进去你帮我看着戈登 好吗
Hey, take Gordon outside while I'm in there, will you?
什么 不 我也有点忙
What? No, I'm a little busy, too.
那就找个实习生看着 学会分配任务
So, get an intern to do it, delegate.
说实话 我很担心你解决问题的能力
Honestly, I'm concerned about your problem-solving skills.
你会需要这个的
?Oh, and you're gonna... You're gonna want that.
有人今早可吃了不少好东西
Someone's had a lot of treats this morning,
不是吗 是的
Hasn't someone? Yes, someone has.
克里格·斯特林问题严峻
You have a Craig Sterling problem,
-我们得谈谈 -早上好
- And we need to talk about it. - ?Good morning.
因为你要是没法搞定这事
'cause if you don't get this under control,
你将会被踢出总统的核心圈子
you are going to be boxed out of POTUS's inner circle.
这在几何上可行吗
Is that even geometrically possible?
真要到那一天
And when that happens,
你将颜面无存 在华盛顿这里
you will leave office with no legacy, which, in this town,
这比死了还要糟糕
is worse than being dead.
我告诉过你我同情这里的所有人吗
Have I told you how sad I feel for literally everyone who lives here?
现在谣言说你跟白宫背道而驰
It's getting around that you are on the outs with the white house.
那是克雷格散播的
Because Craig is leaking it.
是因为总统和拉塞尔·杰克逊默许了
Because POTUS and Russell Jackson want him to.
现在愿意听了吗 很好
Are you listening now? Good.
因为情况是这样的 现在美国外交政策
'cause here's the thing: Right now you are the face
由你主导 而不是道尔顿
of the administration's successes in foreign policy, not Dalton.
不是吧
Oh, come on.
别吃惊了 好吗
Okay, don't "Aw, shucks" me, okay?
他们还要想办法赢得连任
These guys have a reelection to win.
他们让斯特林入局来压制你
They brought Sterling in to ride herd on you.
-以制♥造♥他们主导的表象 -行
- They want to be seen as running the show. ?- Fine.
让他们弄 这本就是他们的事
Let them. It's their show!
贝丝 听我说
Bess, listen to me!
如果你要负责俄♥罗♥斯♥这事 就必须成功
If you plant your flag on this Russia thing, you need to win.
不然总统将不再信任你
Because if you don't, your credibility with POTUS is shot.
而且克里格·斯特林会想方设法
And by the way, Craig Sterling is gaming it
让你赢不了
so that you won't win.
你得反抗了
You need to push back.
何必这么麻烦呢
Why bother?
你说哪怕我赢了也是输
I mean, you're saying that even if I win, I lose.
因为你要是输了 会输得更惨
Because if you lose, you lose worse.
你有什么意见吗
What do you have in mind?
我可以给你整理出资料
I could put together a binder.
不 我可不想把同事当政敌来研究
No. I am not doing oppo research on a colleague.
就把它当做有趣的知识问答吧
Think of it as interesting trivia,
如果让你好受点的话
if that helps.
如果不能靠本事获胜 那我活该被雪藏
If I can't win on the merits, then I deserve to be boxed out.
踢出这个圈子
Of the circle, which,
-这个圈子简直毫无意义 -国务卿
- again, makes no sense. ?- Ma'am?
葛莱弗外长已接通视频连线
I have Foreign Minister Gorev for you on SVTC.
好 接过来吧
Great. Put him through.
不要资料
No binder.
别说我没提醒你
Don't say I didn't warn you.
但我们在乌克兰没有军队
But we have no troops in Ukraine.
而且就算我们有 凭什么要撤离呢
And if we did, why would we pull them out?
我们就快赢了
We're winning.
也许吧 但深夜时有一大批
Maybe, but there are an awful lot of trucks filled with coffins
装满棺材的卡车驶回俄♥国♥
driving back to Russia in the dead of night.
而且 制裁还未解除
Also, with the sanctions still in place,
你们的经济形势
your economy has about
就跟帕维尔·奥斯特罗夫的生命
as much chance of coming back
一样难以复苏
to life as Pavel Ostrov.
愿他记忆长存
May his memory be eternal.
为什么你想让我去跟将领们斡旋
And why do you want me to broker this deal with the generals?
因为他们知道你既是个诚实的中间人
Because they know that you are both an honest broker
也是个爱国者
and a patriot.
这两点都是他们可能会想
Two traits they would perhaps
在总统身上看到的特质 是吗
admire in a president, no?
我猜你是在利用我的虚荣心和抱负吧
You're playing on my vanity and ambition here, I'm assuming.
以及你的责任感
And your sense of duty.
你觉得将领们会考虑我的提议吗
Do you think the generals would be open to my proposal?
如果谈判能够谨慎进行
They might be if negotiations
他们就有可能接受
were handled discreetly.
那是当然
Of course.
和平和繁荣
Peace and prosperity.
我能提供这些 安东
That's what I'm offering, Anton.
我只是很高兴你没逼我跟他们喝酒
I'm just glad you're not making me drink to them.
两天里除了黑面包和伏特加啥都没吃
Two days of nothing but black bread and vodka?
我跟你说 奥斯特罗夫的死
I tell you, Ostrov's death
也会把我弄死的
is going to kill me.
你可给我挺住啊 我需要你
Well, don't kick the bucket yet. I need you.
你的关心让我很感动
I'm moved by your concern.
我会保持联♥系♥的 伊丽莎白
I'll be in touch, Elizabeth.
俄♥国♥需要做出点成绩
Russia needed results,
而帕维尔·奥斯特罗夫正好做到了
and Pavel Ostrov delivered!
他可是个独♥裁♥者
The man was a dictator
-他有着沙皇一世的脾气 -这正是为什么
- with the temperament of Ivan the Terrible... - This is exactly why...
伊凡雷帝
俄♥国♥第一位沙皇 性情残暴
以及列昂尼德·勃列日涅夫的长相
...And the looks of Leonid Brezhnev.
英国再也不是一个帝国了
...The United Kingdom is no longer an empire.
早安 早上好 各位 大家早上好
Good morning. Good morning, all. Good morning, everybody.
我想 考虑到最近发生的事
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表