剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我也说不清
I don't know.
我感觉...
I feel like...
我感觉这双鞋是去别的派对的
I feel like these shoes are at a different party.
明白吗 比较严肃的那种
You know? One where fun goes to die.
那就不那么正式 更像走红地毯那种
So less corporate, more red carpet?
我觉得是 太好了
I think so. Great.
谢谢你 罗克珊
Thanks, Roxanne.
我真的非常感谢你来救场
I really appreciate you jumping in.
艾莉一般会在有大的活动时帮助
Ali usually helps me with big events,
但她在国外实习而且...
but she's doing an internship abroad and...
没问题 这个
No problem. Okay.
这双应该可以为筹集活动增加点趣味了
These should put the fun in fundraiser.
太好了 看见了没有
Oh, yeah. See?
看看
Now, look.
这就是为什么女人对鞋着迷的原因
This is why women have a thing about shoes.
女人对鞋着迷
They do?
我倒是头一回听说
Well, that's news to me.
帅哥
Oh, hey, handsome.
我真喜欢你穿那套旧的衣服
I love you in that old thing.
-怎么都不觉得旧 -所以才是经典
- It never gets old. - That's why it's a classic.
的确是
It certainly is.
我得要过去准备我的发言了
Okay, I got to go over and work on my remarks.
别碰我
No, d-don't touch.
好吧 见到你很高兴 罗克珊
All right. Good seeing you, Roxanne.
我觉得我们找到合适的了 你觉得呢
Well, I think we got a winner. What do you think?
不错
Yeah.
往后的话还有个衣橱方面的事情
There's just one other wardrobe issue
需要我们讨论一下
we should discuss moving forward.
关于您的丈夫
It's about your husband.
至少你要和瓦格纳参议员打个招呼
So you'll at least want to get a drive-by with Senator Wagner.
他喜欢甜食 所以盯着甜品区
He has a sweet tooth, so target the dessert table.
兰斯顿参议员可能会更难找一点
And, uh, Senator Langston might be a little harder to pin down.
对了 西德尼和露易丝·温特斯夫妇的酒庄
Oh, Sydney and Louise Winters's winery
在获得大奖之后取得了大丰收
had a great harvest coming off an award-winning year,
所以你可以让他们
so you can lean on them
-提高捐款金额 -我们今天晚上
- to up their grant. - Just for one night,
能不能不去管募集资金或者选票这些事
can we not think about fundraising or votes?
这个活动本身有可能挺有意思的
Come on. This event actually has the potential to be fun.
您可能选错行业了 总统女士
You might be in the wrong profession, ma'am.
布莱克我说了"今天晚上" 我选的职业没问题
I said "One night," Blake. I'm not having a vocational crisis.
-那就放心了 -但今晚出彩的是亨利
- Good to know. - But this is Henry's night to shine,
所以我有充分的理由不去惹人注意
so I am perfectly justified staying out of the spotlight.
遵命 总统女士
Yes, ma'am.
是麦考德一家 都是盛装出席啊
Oh, it's the McCords, in glamorous formal wear.
-我觉得很痒 -你觉得痒吗
- I feel itchy. - Oh, you feel itchy?
你看着真是... 看着真棒
Well, y-you look really g... that looks great.
你摆了个作家的面孔
You have on writer's face.
什么... 不 我之前是摆的作家的面孔
What... No, I had writer's face before.
这是公众演讲的面孔
This is public remarks face.
那好吧
Oh. Well, okay.
-那我们上吧 -好
- Let's do this. - Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
好
Okay.
女士们先生们 伊丽莎白·麦考德总统
Ladies and gentlemen, President Elizabeth McCord
以及第一先生亨利·麦考德博士
and First Gentleman Dr. Henry McCord.
麦考德总统任期第97天
国务卿女士 幸会
Madam Secretary, it's a pleasure to see you.
彼此彼此 总统女士
And you, too, Madam President.
陈部长在台♥湾♥问题的谈判上唱的是红脸吗
Is Minister Chen playing nice on the Taiwanese negotiations?
我有他的号♥码 我觉得他挺怀念你的
Oh, I've got his number. I think he misses you.
打扰了
Excuse me.
-你好啊 -不出所料 啰里啰嗦和
- Hi, you. - Senators Windbag
自私自利两位参议员都来了
and Expediency are here as expected.
幸会
Good to see you.
晚上好啊 麦克
Good evening, Mike.
如果我们不能把你那个完全不切实际
Not if we can't get your wildly unrealistic,
让人心跳过速的愚蠢法案最终通过的话
giving-me-palpitations legislative meatball
-就好不了 -谢谢
- over the finish line. - Thank you.
你还得去拉票 夫人 不对 女士
You have votes to whip, lady. I mean, Madam.
-总统 -我本来还希望
- President. - I was sort of hoping
今晚休息了呢
to take the night off.
瓦格纳喜欢自以为是
So, Wagner likes to feel important.
所以你就表现出是寻求他绝妙的建议
So just act like you're there seeking his brilliant counsel
而且真把他
and actually give a crap
吹得没边的牛皮当回事的样子就行了
about his spectacular blowhardery.
一个是那个 还有他喜欢吹嘘他会把好处
That and he likes to brag about bringing home the bacon
带回到他的选区
to his constituents.
兰斯顿是个理想主义 但服从于权力
Langston is an idealist but responds to power,
所以要强势地压她
so just pummel her.
总统去以势压人是不是不太合适啊
Isn't it a bit unseemly for the president to pummel?
失败更不合适 而你就职的第一百天就快到了
Failure is unseemlier, and your hundredth day in office looms.
看 我们还是有事情能达成一致的
Now, see, that's something that we can all reach consensus on.
总统女士 我们应该给每个提上来的议案
We ought to chocolate-cover every bill
都涂上一层巧克力
that comes to the floor, Madam President.
感谢您今晚出席 瓦格纳参议员
Thanks for coming out tonight, Senator Wagner.
只要有机会聆听您学富五车的丈夫讲话我都会来
Any chance to hear that scholarly husband of yours talk.
很高兴您这么说
Well, that's nice to hear.
如能听到您支持我的
Be even nicer to hear
《教育科学和基础设施法案》 我就更会高兴了
if I had your support for the ESI bill.
我支持基础设施的部分
I support the infrastructure piece,
但我和一些同事对于
but some of my colleagues and I have concerns
教育支出有些顾虑
about the education handouts.
如果我们在科技领域没有创新
Well, we can't have next-gen infrastructure
就没办法建设下一代的基础设施 而不投资
without innovations in science, and we can't lead in science
教育 我们就没办法在科技上领先...
without investing in education...
髋骨是与大腿骨相连的
The hip bone's connected to the thigh bone.
我听到您的论述了 但亚拉巴马州的民众
I've heard your pitch, ma'am, but the people of Alabama
并不关心这种宏观的联♥系♥
don't care about the body politic.
他们担心的是失控的支出
They care about runaway spending.
您觉得
Do you think
如果我们能确保亚拉巴马州学校的翻修合同
that those concerns might be allayed if we make sure
都给到当地的建筑公♥司♥的话
contracts for rebuilding Alabama's schools
他们的担心会有所减轻吗
only go to local construction companies?
那可能就是他们需要的巧克力 总统女士
That might be just the chocolate fix they need, Madam President.
艺术和创造力联盟
在大家以
Before you all knew him
美国第一先生的身份认识他之前
as the First Gentleman of the United States,
在很多圈子里他以其它的东西为人所知
he was known in many circles for other things.
战斗机飞行员 宗教学者 著名作家
Fighter pilot, religious scholar, acclaimed author,
白宫顾问
White House advisor.
很明显 以他有限的天分而言
Clearly, he did the best he could
他已经是竭尽所能了
with the limited talents he had.
请欢迎亨利·麦考德博士
Please welcome Dr. Henry McCord.
谢谢帕特丽夏 非常感谢大家
Thank you, Patricia. Thank you very much.
的确如此 我的一生既受到眷顾又很奇怪
Well, it's true, I've had a blessed and weird life
我选择了一些有挑战性的领域
and I've pursued some challenging paths.
但你们很可能并不了解的是
But what you probably don't know is that
如果没有诗歌♥ 上面那些我都做不到
I could never have been any of those things without poetry.
你们看 我这么一个来自匹兹堡的笨笨的
I mean, here I was, this goofy, working-class kid
工人阶级的孩子 脑子里一点有趣的想法都没有
from Pittsburgh without a single interesting thought in my mind.
高中的时候 我碰到了一位伟大的老师
And then, in high school, I had this great teacher,
伊士曼先生
Mr. Eastman,
他教我读杰拉德·曼利·霍普金斯
who made me read Gerard Manley Hopkins
和艾米莉·迪金森
and Emily Dickinson
还有朗斯顿·休斯和布莱兹·帕斯卡尔
and Langston Hughes and Blaise Pascal.
他们是神学家 哲学家 创新家
These were theologians, philosophers, innovators
也是艺术家
and artists.
就在一瞬之间 我的脑内火花四射
And suddenly, my mind caught fire.
他们的文字激发了我的想象
I... the way they used words just lit up my imagination
拓展了我对于神圣的理解
and expanded my concept of the divine.
他们点燃了我所有的激♥情♥
They ignited all my passions and put them in one place.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表