剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我只是不想看到
I just hate to see
你是第一个这样对待她的人
you do it first.
-我怎么对她了 -你认为这是她的错
- What's that? - Blame her.
早上好 我起草了那份关于中国
Morning. So, I have a draft of that diplomatic cable
-北极气象站的外交通讯 -好吧
- about the Chinese weather station in the Arctic. - Right.
不过...我们可以下次再谈的
But... we can do this another time.
那些是甜甜圈吗
Are those doughnuts?
是贝果面包
Bagels.
那也可以
That'll do.
我们已经用了"欢迎加入北极研究团"
We're already using welcome to the Arctic Research Community
来表达"休想在那钻探石油"
to say, don't even think about drilling up there.
但你真的还要再暗示是俄♥罗♥斯♥
But you really want to try to implicate Russia
-让他们加入的吗 -简单带过就好
- for letting them in, on top of that? - Just a whiff of it.
比如...
Something like, um,
维护北极的外交统一...
protecting the diplomatic integrity of...
是极地委员会
the Arctic is the chief objective
以及美国的首要目标之类的话
of the Arctic Council and the United States.
就表示下 所以别和俄♥罗♥斯♥串通一气
So, you know, don't try anything with Russia.
首先 俄♥国♥在领土问题上
First of all, Russia's almost
几乎跟中国一样强势
as territorial as China is.
一旦北极冰盖融化
There's no way they're gonna share
他们不可能会跟另一个强国
all their new shipping lanes with another superpower
分享这些新航道
once the polar ice cap melts.
我知道 完全是虚构
I know, right? Total fiction.
我能不能问一下我们为何要提这件事
Can I ask why we're ringing that bell?
我听说这一招会很管用
I'm told it'll play well.
你们来得正好
You're just in time.
他正在介绍亨利呢
He's introducing Henry.
国务卿女士 我很抱歉
Madam Secretary, I am so sorry.
不是吧
Oh, no.
那封信里的照片被放到网上了
The photo that was sent with the query has appeared online.
哪里
Where?
暂时来看
For the moment,
只是出现在一家自媒体的新闻网站
a user-generated news site.
相对比较低调
Relatively low-profile.
其它照片尚未流出来
All of the other photos are still under wraps.
但既然消息已经传开了
But now that word's out...
剩下的照片被人买♥♥走也只是时间问题了
It's only a matter of time till someone buys the rest.
我们肯定能做点什么阻止这事
There has to be something we can do.
我跟拉塞尔·杰克逊办公室联♥系♥过了
Well, I've reached out to Russell Jackson's office.
我们可以把你下午的安排取消
We can move your afternoon commitments
并且成立特别小组
and make a task force.
我们不要改变日程
Let's not change the schedule.
总统希望一切计划照常进行
The president wants everything to move forward as usual.
也许最好还是
It might be best
把跟尼泊尔的库玛莉的会面改期
to reschedule the meet and greet with the Royal Kumari of Nepal.
为什么呢
Why's that?
尼泊尔是个虔诚的宗教国家
It's a devoutly religious country.
她是个贞洁女神
She's a virgin goddess.
好吧 但愿这位
Well, let's just hope
住在庙里未到青春期的贞洁女神
the prepubescent virgin goddess who lives in a temple
不会整天在网上闲逛
doesn't spend much time on the Internet.
会面照常举♥行♥
The meeting stays.
在基♥督♥教和穆♥斯♥林♥世界的模糊边界上
There really is so much to mine, isn't there,
有很多东西值得深究
in this liminal border between the Christian
不是吗
and the Muslim worlds.
正是在当前的模糊状态中
Well, it's precisely the blurriness in this moment
我们可以窥见
of transition where we can see
这些精神文化冲突的背后
the common sources behind so much
共同的原因是什么
of our cultural and spiritual conflict.
就像我们突然发现了一堆
Mm. Like stumbling onto a wealth of scrolls
被保存在山洞里的秘籍
preserved in a cave.
当然 是的
Well, sure, yeah.
我们何不接听一下场外热♥线♥电♥话♥呢
Why don't we open things up to our callers?
-来自菲尔欧克斯的杰夫 -你好
- Jeff from Fair Oaks. - Yes, hi.
请跟亨利·麦考德博士通话吧
Go ahead with Dr. Henry McCord.
杰夫
Hi, Jeff.
我一直在听你谈论那些
Uh, I've been listening to you talk
基♥督♥教和伊♥斯♥兰♥教的道德准则
about the moral codes of Christianity
而我觉得有件事很搞笑
and Islam. And I think it's so interesting
你在这里装模作样把自己当个道德专家
that you hold yourself up as an expert on morality
但我在网上搜到关于你的信息
when all I'm finding online about you is a photo
却只有你女儿跟总统儿子
of your daughter rolling around in bed
-滚床单的照片 -你说什么
- with the president's son. - Excuse me?
不好意思 杰夫 我们的信♥号♥♥...
I'm sorry. Uh, Jeff, we lost our conne...
不 不 让我说完
No, no, let me finish.
这就是你教给孩子的道德吗 麦考德博士
Is that your definition of moral parenting, Dr. McCord?
那是你的定义吗
Is that your definition?
不 不 我想要回答这个问题
No, no, I'd like to answer that.
你问了一个很有趣的问题 杰夫
You ask an interesting question, Jeff.
我想以我每次讲授《道德与伦理》
I'd like to start by making a distinction
第一节课时对道德和伦理的区分
that I usually make on the very first day
来回答你的问题
of my Morals and Ethics class.
很多人说道德就是关于我们如何对待
A lot of people say that morals are how we treat
我们认识的人 而伦理则是
the people we know and ethics are how we treat
亨利·麦考德
《杜姆亚特的圣弗朗西斯》作者
如何对待我们不认识的人
the people we don't know.
所以是道德教会我们做好父母
So morals are what make us a good parent,
好朋友 好邻居
a good friend, a nice neighbor.
而伦理是我们建设社会的基石
But ethics are how we build a society.
那才是对我们内心善恶的真正的考验
That's the true test of our higher self.
但当社会被你和你的家人的个人道德观
But what happens, Jeff, when society is ruled
所统治的时候 你选择将自己的道德观
by the subjective morals of, say, you
强加给完全的陌生人 这会造成的结果
and your family and you choose to project that
就是我们的社会将变成
onto complete strangers is that we all end up with a society
一个由自我扩张的个体所统治的社会
that's governed by self-aggrandizement.
所以 其实当你打来电♥话♥
So, really, by calling
以显示自己是第一个跳出来教训我的
to make sure you're the first little pedant to jump
迂腐之徒 带着自鸣得意的优越感
off your chair and teach me a lesson
以你个人独有的道德观为荣
with smug superiority about
同时你对实情几乎一无所知
your own particular moral point of view
这时 你已经成功地贡献了
when you know precisely nothing of the situation,
腐蚀我们整个社会结构的
you've done your part to contribute
你自己的那份力量
to the erosion of our entire social fabric.
我在这里给你鼓掌了 做得好
Pat yourself on the back. Bravo.
接下来我们...要休息一下
Uh, so we are... going to take a break.
我得去打几个电♥话♥
I'm gonna go make some calls.
我想知道到底有多糟糕
I want to know how bad it is.
只是一张照片
It's just the one photo.
有人把它泄露出去了
Somebody leaked it.
其它的还没传开
The rest are still under wraps.
我是说我给你惹了多大♥麻♥烦
I mean how bad did I make things for you?
你仍然是我的英雄
You're still my hero.
我不是 我失控了 像个毛头小子一样
No, I'm not. I went off like a hopped up undergrad.
你做了我憋了一天想做的事
You did what I have been wanting to do all day.
而我还得听我的幕僚暗示
Instead, I have to listen to my staff imply
我不该在网上到处是
that I shouldn't be sitting down
我女儿的艳照的时候
with a virgin goddess from Nepal
和尼泊尔的贞洁女神进行会面
while my slutty daughter is all over the Internet.
没说你
Not you.
你要和一个库玛莉会面
You have a meeting with a Kumari?
他居然知道什么是库玛莉
He knows what a Kumari is.
你可千万别变
Don't ever change.
她几岁
How old is she?
十二岁 马上就要卸任了
12. Almost ready to retire.
看表情好像又有坏消息了 先别挂
Okay, I'm getting more-bad-news face. Hold on.
关于您的女儿暂时没有进一步消息 国务卿
No further news on your daughter, ma'am.
但是我刚得到国会传来的消息
But I just got word from the Hill.
现在看来《灾难救助法案》
It now looks like the Disaster Relief Bill
通过的几率不大
is not going to pass.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表