剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Also, my dog wakes up and barks
就会醒来 还狂吠不止
every time the secretary leaves or comes home,
而国务卿可能在一天中任意时刻进出
which is all hours of the day.
拜托
Oh, please.
要是东海岸的飓风
Tell me again about your barking dog
摧毁了无数的房♥屋
while violent hurricanes pound millions and millions
卷起无数的居民
of homes up and down the East Coast,
然后他们不得不
uprooting and displacing people,
在你们高档的乔治城社区
forcing them into these makeshift,
搭建起临时住房♥
disease-ridden little shantytowns
你还有心思管你家的狗吗
right here in your own upscale Georgetown neighborhood!
非常谢谢你 布莱克 谢谢
Okay, thank you very much, Blake. Thank you.
我们先休息五分钟吧
Um, why don't we take five?
厨房♥里有点心和咖啡
There's some pastries and coffee in the kitchen.
不 我们再来谈谈环境问题
No, let's talk about the environment.
你们的车队一天二十四小时都不熄火
Let's talk about your SUVs running day and night,
一直向空气中排放一氧化碳
spewing carbon monoxide into the air 24 hours a day.
这是规定
That is a protocol issue.
那些车必须时刻保持发动状态
They have to be kept running
以免紧急事件发生
in the event of a state emergency.
省省吧
Give me a break!
我知道您的妻子是大人物
I'm sure your wife is too important
不会在意我儿子的哮喘
to care about my son's asthma,
但是她也不在乎气候变化吗
but shouldn't she care about climate change?
这不也是她分内的工作吗
Isn't that part of her job, too?
我以为我们会进行一场理性的讨论
I was hoping that this would be a reasonable discussion
能够让我们彼此了解
where we could all get to know each other
让我们得以想出
and come up with some creative ideas
一些共同生活之道
about how to live together.
但是现在变成了
But it's turned into a platform
你们发表对外交政策的观点
for you to voice your opinions about foreign policy
把你们平凡的忧虑上升到全球层面
and elevate your mundane concerns to global importance...
因为我的妻子正好是国务卿
because my wife happens to be the Secretary of State.
平凡的忧虑
"Mundane concerns"?
没错 泰德
Yeah, Ted.
你的垃圾桶 没开玩笑吧
Your garbage bins? Really?
晚宴
Dinner parties?
我很抱歉我们家是有点繁忙
I'm sorry my house is a little busy
因为国♥家♥安♥全♥问题
because matters of national security
没有休息的日子
really don't take a day off.
你们不知道的危险每天都在发生
There are dangers that you will never know about
因为有些人一直在努力
because there are people out there
就是为了让你们不会受到影响
working to make sure you're never affected by it.
他们每天都命悬一线
People who are putting their lives at risk every day.
所以我们不如暂停一下
So why don't we all just take a time-out
然后 如果你们还是想把我们
and then, if you still want to petition us
赶出这里 那就随你们吧
to move out of the neighborhood, go with God.
祝你们好运
Good luck with that.
-所有人都出去 -亲爱的 我们走
- Okay, everybody out. - Let's get out of here, honey.
-什么 出去 -我们走
- What? Out? - Come on, let's go.
走吧 我们都走
Let's go. Let's all go.
手段不错
Great diplomacy, guys.
真的 一流的
Really. Top-notch.
他的老师阿申·吞已经到麦克斯维尔先生那了
The teacher Ashin Tun has been received by Mr. Maxwell.
他们三个要进行谈话
A conversation ensued among the three of them.
现在您可以休息一下
Now, if you care to rest,
总统和那个老师似乎正在冥想
the President and the teacher appear to be meditating.
我们请老师来是为了
The idea was that the teacher
让他劝劝麦克斯维尔先生的
was going to counsel Mr. Maxwell.
我们按您的要求把他带来了 国务卿
We brought him in at your request, Madam Secretary.
之后的事情我们就管不了了
What happened after that is not up to us.
瑞总统和麦克斯维尔先生想和您谈谈
President Shwe and Mr. Maxwell want to talk to you.
这条电♥话♥线是安全的
It's a secure line.
我是国务卿麦考德
This is Secretary of State McCord.
我的努力终于有收获了 国务卿女士
I believe the hard work has paid off, Madam Secretary.
你一定累坏了
You must be exhausted.
不如你把枪放下 我们一起谈谈
Why don't you put the gun down and let's... let's all talk?
我知道可能我余生
Look, I know that I'm probably going to prison
都要在监狱里度过了
for the rest of my life,
但是我也期待着
but I am ready to face that possibility
我能够为我新的祖国和人♥民♥
if I know that I have created a better agreement
创造一份更好的协议
for my new home and people.
阿伦 我知道你非常在乎这些变化
Arlen, clearly, you-you care very much about these changes,
所以不如你出来 我们讨论一下
so why don't you come out and let's discuss them?
国务卿女士
Madam Secretary,
你知道"中道"吗
are you aware of the sutta of the Middle Way?
我想应该类似于
I think that it's, um,
希腊人的黄金分割吧
similar to what the Greeks call the golden mean.
所有事情都要适度
Moderation in all things.
它是一条介于纵欲
It's the road between sensual indulgence
和禁欲之间的道路
and self-mortification.
我们都应该追求这种道路
It's... it is the path we should all seek.
我已经成功的
And I have been successful in, uh,
让总统明白了这一点
getting the President to understand that.
什么意思
What does that mean?
他已经认可 这些水电站坝
He agrees that these hydroelectric dams are...
对他的人♥民♥不利
they're just... they're a bad idea for his people.
如果总统先生同意了
Well, if the President is convinced, we can...
那我们当然可以拟定一个修正案
absolutely take a look at making an amendment.
但是现在瑞总统被枪顶着脑袋
But we can't talk about anything
我们就什么也谈不成
while President Shwe has a gun to his head.
我现在不需要总统
It's not the President's attention that I need now.
我需要你听我说
It's yours.
当你看到一幅地图
And when I show you on a map,
那些即将被淹没的区域
uh, the-these-these areas that will be flooded
以及那些即将失去家园的
and these poor people who will lose ev...
阿伦 发生了什么
Arlen, what was that?
阿伦
Arlen?
他断线了
I lost him.
警♥察♥局长不接电♥话♥
The police chief isn't answering.
阿伦的助手也不接
Nor is Arlen's aide. I...
没有任何新消息
Nothing reported on any news source.
总统毫发无伤
The President is unharmed.
感谢上帝 麦克斯维尔呢
Oh, thank God. What about Maxwell?
麦克斯维尔先生和您通话时放松了警惕
Mr. Maxwell let his guard down as he spoke to you.
狙击手得以将其击中
The snipers were able to wound him.
正在接受治疗
He is being treated.
会康复的
He will recover.
-总统现在要见您 马上 -当然
- The President wishes to see you immediately. - Of course.
最重要的是您没有受伤
The important thing is that you're all right.
我们都为麦克斯维尔先生的行为感到遗憾
And we all deeply regret Mr. Maxwell's actions.
但是我们来到这里是为了一个目的
But we came here for a specific reason
关乎国际
that carries great international...
国务卿女士 我必须告诉您
Madam Secretary, I must tell you
我真心被
that the reluctance that
麦克斯维尔说服了
I voiced to Mr. Maxwell was genuine.
如果缅♥甸♥要签署这份协议
In order for Myanmar to sign this agreement,
修正案必须解决水电站坝带来的问题
it must be amended to address the problem
可能建成的水电站坝
of the possible hydroelectric dams.
这项协议
This agreement
是建立在每个国家的硬数据之上的
was based on hard data from every nation.
他们预测这些水电站坝的建立
They predict that these hydroelectric dams
将会使您的电网更加现代化
will modernize your power grid,
这反过来还会帮助缅♥甸♥
which will, in turn, help Myanmar
给予全部国民更好的照顾
to take better care of all of its citizens.
我们都知道中国为什么这么积极地
You and I both know why China was so interested
降低水轮机组的关税
in eliminating tariffs on hydropower turbines.
这样他们就可以得到
So that they could be the one
修水电站坝的机会
to build the hydroelectric dams,
并使用自己的技术和劳动力
using their technology and their labor.
而且有可能会要求缅♥甸♥的未来的用水权
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表