I work with Joan. Is she in?
琼的同事 她在吗
Yes, of course. Please come in.
在的 请进
What?
怎么了
She'll be right with you.
她马上就来
I should take your coat. I won't be long.
我帮你把外套挂起来 我不会久留
Well, I will leave you two alone.
我就不打扰二位了
I'm really sorry to bother you if this is a bad time.
如果我来的不是时候 很抱歉打扰了
Well, I was just stepping into the shower,
我正要去淋浴
But how can I help you?
找我有什么事吗
I wanted to tell you it's not worth it.
我想告诉你这么做不值得
And if we don't get Jaguar, so what?
我们拿不下捷豹又如何
Who wants to be in business with people like that?
谁想跟那种人♥渣♥做生意
I was told everyone was on board.
我听说你们都赞成我这样做
I said no and they voted when I left the room.
我反对 但他们在我离开后投票决定了
You're a good one, aren't you?
你是个好人 对吗
So you understand what I'm saying?
你明白我在说什么吗
Yes, I do.
我明白
I'm all right.
我没事
And thank you.
谢谢关心
So you have a nice night. And I'm gonna go prepare.
祝你今晚愉快 我要回去做准备了
Say good night to your friend.
替我向你朋友道声晚安
Good luck tomorrow.
祝你明天顺利
You must get tired of hearing what a beautiful thing this car is.
对车的赞美之语 你们已经听得耳朵生老茧了吧
But I've met a lot of beautiful women in my life.
但我一生中遇到过许多美丽的女人
And despite their protestations,
尽管她们矢口否认
they never tire of hearing it.
但赞美之语她们却从来听不厌
But when deep beauty is encountered,
但是无与伦比的美
it arouses deep emotions.
会诱发深切的情感
Because it creates a desire,
因为它会使人产生欲望
because it is, by nature, unattainable.
因为那种美可望不可即
You look radiant, Joan.
你真是美艳动人 琼
May I call you Joan? I'm Herb, by the way.
我能叫你琼吗 顺便做下自我介绍 我是赫布
Well, I should hope so.
我猜到了
We're taught to think that function is all that matters.
世人认为车的性能才是最重要的
But we have a natural longing
但是我们对另一种东西
for this other thing.
却有着本能的渴望
Oh, I got you a little something.
我给你带了件小礼物
I thought a woman with your complexion
我觉得如此冰肌如雪的女人
would look good in emerald.
戴上翡翠一定很美
When I was driving the E-type,
当我开着捷豹的E型号♥
I passed a 10-year-old boy
从一辆旅行车旁边驶过
in the back window of a station wagon
我发现坐在后车窗边的10岁男孩儿
and I watched his eyes follow.
正目不转睛地目送我远去
He'd just seen something he would want
他刚刚看到了他此生
for the rest of his life.
梦寐以求的东西
I feel like a sultan of Araby,
我感觉自己就像阿♥拉♥伯酋长
and my tent is graced with Helen of Troy.
寒舍因特洛伊的海伦到来而蓬荜生辉
Those are two different stories.
这两个风马牛不相及
He'd just seen that unattainable object
他刚刚看到了可望不可即的东西
speed by just out of reach.
一闪而过 抓都抓不住
Because they do that, don't they?
因为那本就如此 不是吗
Beautiful things.
美好的事物稍纵即逝
You know, I don't know how much longer I can restrain myself.
我不知道自己还能克制多久
Let me see 'em.
让我开开眼界吧
Then I thought about a man of some means
然后我想到一个有身份有品位的男人
reading "Playboy" Or "Esquire"
在看《花♥花♥公♥子♥》或《时尚先生》杂♥志♥
And flipping past the flesh
在香艳模特的肉♥欲♥图片中
to the shiny painted curves of this car.
翻到此车的玲珑精致的彩照
There was no effort to stop his eye.
轻易就让他为之注目
The difference is he can have a Jaguar.
不同之处在于 他可以真正拥有一辆捷豹
Well, thank you for a wonderful time.
谢谢你赐予我美妙春宵一场
You're a hell of a gal.
你真是美艳尤物
Oh, this car, this thing, gentlemen,
此车 此情 先生们
What price would we pay?
我们将出价多少
What behavior would we forgive?
不懂欣赏此车 真是无法原谅的大罪
If they weren't pretty, if they weren't temperamental,
如果它们不是如此美丽 如此真性情
if they weren't beyond our reach
如果它们不是那样高高在上
and a little out of our control,
又稍稍超越我们的掌控
would we love them like we do?
我们还会如此这般迷恋吗
"Jaguar,
"捷豹汽车
at last something beautiful you can truly own."
您终于可以拥有的尤物"
What?
怎么了
Mr. Draper is here to see you.
德雷柏先生来见你
Why'd you tell him I was here?
你为什么告诉他我在家
He's your boss. You should see him.
他是你老板 你该见见他
Well, I will leave you two alone.
我就不打扰二位了
I'm really sorry to bother you if this is a bad time.
如果我来的不是时候 很抱歉打扰了
Well, I was just stepping into the shower,
我正要去淋浴
but how can I help you?
找我有什么事吗
I wanted to tell you it's not worth it.
我想告诉你这么做不值得
And if we don't get Jaguar, so what?
我们拿不下捷豹又如何
Who wants to be in business with people like that?
谁想跟那种人♥渣♥做生意
How'd it go?
结果怎么样
We'll see.
拭目以待
It was one of his good ones.
刚刚是他个人最出色表现之一
Come have a drink?
要一起喝一杯吗
Maybe later.
晚些时候吧
Where are you from?
你是哪里人
New York.
纽约
Turn around, please.
请转身
Could you step forward, sweetheart, and turn around, please?
你能走近点吗 亲爱的 然后再转过身去
You know, I would have taken you anywhere.
我可以带你去其他好地方用餐的
Well, no one comes in here. The food's too bad.
没人愿意来这 食物太差劲了
We're not actually gonna eat here, are we?
我们不是真要在这里吃 对吧
I'm not hungry.
我不饿
Freddy Rumson says you are.
弗雷迪·拉姆森说你很饿了
And so does Tom Vogel.
汤姆·沃科也那么说
You know we have Clearasil.
克利拉思广♥告♥现在是我们在做
In fact, he sung your praises
实际上 他对你满是赞美之词
while he was yelling at me that the work wasn't as good anymore.
却对我怒吼 说我们的广♥告♥做的远不如从前
That was my first account.
那是我负责的第一个客户
Everybody else is gonna want to know if you are married
别人或许都会想问你是否已婚
or planning on having a baby.
是否打算要个孩子
And then they're gonna want to know how much you want to be paid.
然后再问你期待得到的薪水是多少
But all I want to know is,
但我只想知道
you must have heard some pretty terrible things
你一定从唐·德雷柏口中听过
about me from Don Draper's mouth.
很多诋毁我的话
But why would you want to play for the other team?
你为何想为竞争对手效力呢
It's not a game.
这不是游戏
It's my career.
而是我的事业
Look, I need a writer.
听着 我需要一个文案
They don't have to be like me, but...
倒也不需要像我一样出色 但是
Do you know anything about Ralph Waldo Emerson?
你知道拉尔夫·沃多·爱默生吗
From school.
读书时有所了解
He said that you have to be a transparent eyeball.
他说人必须像一颗透明的眼球
What he meant was, you have to take in the world
他的意思是 你必须胸怀整个大千世界
and pass it through you.
领悟其真谛渊源
I am tired of people who treat this like math.
我烦透了那些将之视作刻板数学定理的人
I looked at your book and I saw somebody
我看到你的作品集 却发现
Who was writing like every product was for them.
每支文案都独树一帜 配合得天衣无缝
No cliches, no homilies, no formula.
没有陈词滥调 没有训诫说教 没有刻板形式
Well, I had a lot of help.
那是因为有别人的帮助
Everybody does.
谁都会借助于他人
So I lied to you.
所以我对你撒了谎
What do you want to get paid?
你期待的薪水是多少
Freddy told you to do this?
弗雷迪教你这样做的吗
You already know you want to go.
你很清楚自己想离职
You know how much you'll do it for.
也清楚自己要寻求多高的薪水
And you didn't make me wait.
你没有让我等
I'm going do you the same favor.
我也将以同样的方式回报你
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表