That's when you really want to blow your brains out.
真要那样 还不如一枪把我崩了
If you want to tell her, you call her.
你要是不想去 自己打电♥话♥告诉她
Hey, where's Stan and Ginsberg?
斯坦和金斯伯格在哪
Why? Do you have something you want to tell them?
怎么 你找他们有事吗
No.
不是
Listen, about this morning--
听着 今天早上...
I thought we had a pact. It's not about the pact.
我们可是有约定在先 不关约定的事
It has nothing to do with the pact. The pact still stands.
和约定一点关系都没有 约定仍然有效
Then why didn't you introduce me?
那你为什么不引荐我
I'm a copywriter. I'm not gonna take your job.
我只是一个文案 又不会抢了你的活儿
I'd love a shred of privacy. Just a shred.
我想保留一点私人空间 一点点就行
You know? Is that too much to ask?
这种要求难道很过分吗
Okay, listen.
好吧 听着
You know I write stories.
你知道我喜欢写作
You're still doing that?
你还笔耕不辍呢
Well, I decided to fly under the radar.
我决定低调行事
I have a nom de plume and, well,
给自己起了个笔名 作品呢
I've had quite a bit of success in a particular genre
在某些特殊流派 也算是小有成就
and he's from Farrar Straus.
他可是法劳·斯特劳斯出版社的
Wow, that's exciting.
那挺了不起的
I guess.
算是吧
Cynthia's trying to talk them into taking the best 20
辛西娅正努力劝说他们 精选出20篇我的文章
and turning them into a collection.
编纂成一个合辑
20? When do you do this?
20篇 你哪来的时间去写
I started turning most of my dinners into drinks.
我现在晚饭基本已经以应酬为主了
And if I have only one, I'm in pretty good shape when I get home.
如果我只有一场 回到家状态尚算清醒
So, what is it?
那 说具体点
It's between fantasy and science fiction.
题材介于奇幻和科幻之间
Robots and planets and things.
机器人 行星什么的
There's whole magazines.
这类杂♥志♥很多
No, I mean what's your pen name?
不 我是问你的笔名
Fine. It's Ben Hargrove.
好吧 笔名是本·哈格洛夫
Anyway, I could have introduced you,
但是 我是该引荐你的
and that was wrong, but I just...
我不该那样 只是...
I don't know.
说不清楚
Well, I wish I felt more relieved.
如果能再让我宽慰一些就好了
It's probably not gonna happen.
我话都说到这份上 你就知足吧
And listen, the pact still stands.
听着 我们的约定依然有效
If I go anywhere, you go with me.
如果我要换地方 你跟我一起走
Okay.
好的
So that's some big news.
那可是个大消息啊
Are you here to put in a good word for yourself?
你来是想替自己美言几句吗
No. A little bird told me
不 我听说
you got an R.F.P. from Jaguar.
你拿到了捷豹的招标书
And that is a very good sign.
这可是个好兆头
Yes, I was just going over it.
是啊 我正在看呢
Request for proposal. Jaguar. Blah, blah.
招标书 捷豹 略过
"One, Have you ever been fired off an account?"
"一 贵公♥司♥是否曾在合同期被客户解约过"
There are worse ones than that.
后面还有更尖锐的问题
Would you take a little bit of unsolicited advice?
给你些送上门的免费忠告如何
It's not pride that's keeping me from asking.
并非是我高傲不愿问
I certainly am aware that you're skilled in this arena.
我当然清楚你是这方面的行家
I was.
过去是
Now I guess I'm professor emeritus of accounts.
现在只能算是业务领域的名誉退休教授
Look, most people will tell you it's hard to make a mistake.
或许大多数人会告诉你 此事易如反掌
I mean, you just lie.
说些场面话就好
But that won't get you anywhere.
不过这样远远不够
The beauty of this dinner is that
饭桌洽谈的玄妙之处在于
if you do it right,
只要方方面面做到位
you can actually have him tell you all the answers.
招标书里问题的答案 他们都会拱手送上
In fact, I once got a guy from Dr. Scholl's to fill it out for me.
我曾经让爽健公♥司♥一个家伙亲手帮我填好
There'll be plenty of drinks.
到时候肯定要喝不少酒
Not for you. You order a scotch, rocks and water.
不用愁 点杯加冰威士忌外加一杯水
You drink half of it till it turns see-through.
威士忌先下一半 等杯中酒水通透时
You get another. Very good.
换那杯水喝 好主意
And then, well, then it's kind of like being on a date.
然后呢 就像约会一样
Flattery, I suppose.
要说些好话 是吧
Within reason.
那也得合理才行
But I find it's best to smile and sit there
不过我的经验是 最好就微笑着坐在那
like you've got no place to go and just let them talk.
表现的不知何去何从 听他们聊就行
Somewhere in the middle of the entree,
正菜上桌后不久
they'll throw out something revealing.
他们就会暴一些公♥司♥的内♥幕♥消息
And you want to wait till dessert to pounce on it.
你要静观其变 甜点上来时再主动出击
You know, let them know you've got
让他们知道其实你和他们
the same problem he has, whatever it is.
有一样的苦衷 管它是什么
And then you're in a conspiracy.
然后你和他们就站在同一阵营了
The basis of a "friendship."
而那正是所谓"友谊"的基础
Then you whip out the form.
此时你突然拿出这张表
What if I don't have the same problem?
要是没有一样的苦衷怎么办
It'll probably just be something like
如果是我 就会说
he drinks too much, he gambles.
这人爱酗酒啊 那人赌博啊
I once went on a five-minute tear
我曾经抱怨了了五分多钟
about how my mother loved my father more than me.
说我妈为什么爱我爸胜过爱我
And I can assure you that is impossible.
我跟你打包票 那纯粹是在胡扯
Very good, then.
那好吧
And if, for some reason, he's more reserved?
如果他比较沉默寡言怎么办
Just reverse it.
反着来就好
Feed him your own personal morsel.
用你自己的故事给他洗♥脑♥
Oh, I see.
这样啊
That's it.
就这么多
Get your answers; be nice to the waiter,
软磨硬泡套答案 对服务生友善点
and don't let him near the check.
结账时要果断 别给对方任何机会
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你的忠告
Oh, and find out everything
对了 赴宴前对他
you can about him before you get there.
提前做好调查
That I've done. And you still like him?
我已经做好功课了 那你仍然觉得他挺好吗
I do. Let it show.
是的 好戏登场
I finally got Mrs. Campbell on the line.
终于联♥系♥上坎贝尔夫人了
Trudy, I'm glad I got a hold of you.
特鲁迪 总算是联♥系♥到你了
I have some bad news. No, you don't.
我恐怕有些坏消息 少来这套
We're building the whole party around you.
整个派对都是为你而办的
You see, I'm afraid we're not free.
是这样的 恐怕到时候我们没空
Don, do you want to go down your list of excuses
唐 你就别绞尽脑汁编理由糊弄我
and I'll combat each one individually?
然后再等我一条一条戳穿你
Or should we just skip to the end?
我们开门见山吧
If you can't make it Saturday, I will reschedule.
要是你这周六来不了 那我就改时间
It's going to happen.
反正你是躲不掉了
And I promise you'll have a good time.
我保证你们一定会满意而归的
It's too bad your husband can't close a deal like this.
你老公要是能像你这样谈生意就好了
We both know he's doing just fine.
我们都清楚 他做得很好
7:30
晚上7点半
Who's hungry?
小乖乖饿了吧
Are you okay?
你还好吗
I saw you getting a little green in there.
刚刚看到你脸色有些发青
Those movies are gruesome.
那些教学影片令人毛骨悚然
I think we should go back to riding horses.
我们别开车 还是骑马出行吧
That must have been something.
你被吓得不轻
Why don't you have a license yet?
你为什么还没拿到驾照
I grew up in Manhattan.
我在曼哈顿长大的
Just wasn't necessary.
没那个必要
I like going down to the city.
我喜欢进城里去
There's so much to do.
那的生活太丰富了
Well, maybe you'll move there when you get older.
或许你长大后会搬到那里
Then you'll get married and you'll move back here.
然后等你结了婚又会搬回来
I'm not getting married until after college...
大学毕业之前我是不会结婚的
If my parents still let me go.
前提是我爸妈同意我上大学
What?
什么
Didn't you hear about the sniper
你没听说今天德克萨斯州立大学
at the University of Texas today?
狙击杀人事件吗
Aren't you going to Ohio State? It doesn't matter.
你去的不是俄亥俄州立大学吗 去哪无所谓
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表