I want to make a life with her, but not there.
我希望和她白头偕老 不过不是在那儿
So what does that have to do with me?
那跟我又有何干
She was a runaway, and she won't leave
她以前是逃出来的 除非她知道
unless she knows she won't wind up back on the streets.
再也不必流落街头 否则她是不会离开那儿的
You want money.
你是想问我要钱
I knew it.
我就知道
You know what? Go eat by yourself.
算了 你自己去吃饭吧
Stop, stop.
别这样
Money solves today, not tomorrow.
钱财只能解一时之需
Up here on the right.
就在这靠边停
And for your information, Prabhupad is buying.
顺便一提 这次归我请客
I'm sorry I said
我很抱歉我说了
I couldn't come because of the accident.
我因突发事件而未能到场
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Excuse me.
请宽恕我
"Can you help me, doctor?" I asked him.
"你能帮我吗 医生" 我问他
"Well, it started-- well, it started," I said,
"一开始 是这样的" 我说到
"When I was sitting in front of the television set
"当我坐在电视机前
with my feet on the coffee table.
把脚搭在茶几上时
Now, I've sat there hundreds of times,
我已经坐在那儿上百次了
thousands maybe, with a can of beer in my hand.
或许上千次 每一次都握着一罐啤酒
I like to have a can of beer in my hand
我喜欢手里握着一罐啤酒
when I watch the beer ads.
静静地观赏啤酒广♥告♥
But now, for no reason I could think of,
可如今 不知为何
the ad was making me sick.
广♥告♥使我心生厌恶
So I used the remote control to get to another channel,
所以我不停用遥控器换台
but each channel made me just as sick.
但是每一个频道都使我感到恶心
The television was one thing,
电视只是个没有生命的东西
and I was a person, and I was going to be sick.
而我是有生命的人 却要忍♥受恶心感
So I turned it off
于是我关掉电视
and had a panicky moment.
却经历了惊恐不安的一刻
I smelled the beer in my hand.
我闻到了手中啤酒的味道
And as I vomited, I looked around the living room
在我作呕的时候 我环顾起居室
for something to grab onto."
去寻找能够支撑的东西"
Do you want something to eat?
你要吃点什么吗
Nope.
不
Well, I didn't have dinner.
我今晚没吃饭
You want a drink?
你想喝点什么吗
Yep.
好
"Yep. Nope."
"好 不"
Should have been our wedding vows.
我们的婚礼誓言应该说这个的
I'm just tired.
我累了而已
No, you're not.
你才没有
I don't understand.
我不明白
I've heard you say a lot worse things about advertising.
你也没少抱怨过广♥告♥业
The mighty theater punches its audience in the face
剧院给观众灌输一种
with its subtle message-- there's a challenge.
微妙的观点 广♥告♥是种挑战
Let me tell you, people buy things
我告诉你 人们之所以购物
because it makes them feel better.
是因为那些东西会让他们感觉更好
Well, we could have had dinner with Charles.
我们本来能和查尔斯一起吃晚饭的
He's an understudy.
他是临时演员
That may be his only performance.
那可能是他唯一一次表演
I don't mind picking up the check for your friends,
我不介意请你朋友吃饭
but not if they insult me first.
但前提是他们不要侮辱我
I'm sorry.
不好意思
People make fun of acting all the time
人们也总是对演艺事业冷嘲热讽
and you love it.
你听得也很开心
And I didn't think it was such a strong stand against advertising
而且我觉得那些话对广♥告♥业的抵♥制♥
as much as the emptiness of consumerism.
远不如消费主义的空洞性本身
Well, no one's made a stronger stand
是吗 说到抵♥制♥广♥告♥业
against advertising than you.
你可是活生生的例子
You know, I was scared when Bea was born,
你知道吗 比娅出生时我有些害怕
But she's such a joy.
但有她之后真是幸福
I actually saw her face float by while I was chanting.
其实刚刚念经的时候我脑海里都是她的身影
Really? You had a vision?
真的 你看见幻象了
I guess.
应该吧
And you kind of think
而且有时候我会想
you're tied to this person forever.
我要和这人在一起一辈子了
Not my little girl. You know, Jennifer.
我是指詹妮弗 不是我的宝贝女儿
And now with another one on the way...
还有另一个马上要出生了
I want a family with Lakshmi.
我也想和吉祥天女组建一个家庭
And a farm, maybe outside Frisco.
在旧金山郊外买♥♥个农场
You're gonna have to do a little less recruiting
那你得少干点招揽人的事
and a little more working.
多做点正事了
About that...
关于工作
I don't have a job for your, Paul.
我没有工作可以给你 保罗
I've thought about that.
我想过了
It's the whole reason I didn't wanna see you.
这就是我为什么不想见你的原因
But you can help me because I have been working.
但你能帮我 因为我一直在工作
You've been writing?
你在写剧本吗
I think this is the most meaningful work
我觉得这是我这辈子
I've ever done in my life.
做过的最有意义的工作
It's a speculative episode
这是现在最火的连续剧
of the hit television show "Star Trek."
《星际迷航》的特别篇
Are you kidding me?
开玩笑呢吧
I think it should be their season opener next year.
我觉得这能作为下一季的首集
If there is one.
那也得有下一季
It's a tough time slot-- "My three sons," "Bewitched."
竞争会很激烈 《我的三个儿子》 《家有仙妻》
That thing's a juggernaut.
那个剧很火
It'll be there.
会有的
Where the hell do you watched it?
你在哪看的
Through the window of a pizza parlor on MacDougal.
隔着麦克杜苟大街的一家披萨店的玻璃看的
What, do you lip-read?
怎么 你能看懂唇语吗
I've seen the show,
反正我看过就是了
and I think I've made a good effort
而且我认为我写的很好
at matching the moral complexities
结合了人类的复杂性
tinged with adventure that draw people to it.
以及引人眼球的冒险这两大元素
Just read the first 15 pages.
就看看前15页
If you don't think it's good enough for network television,
如果你觉得不够好
then you don't have to pass it along to the executives at NBC
就不用拿给NBC的主管们看了
or even think about trying to get it to Mr. Roddenberry.
更不用拿去给罗登伯里先生了
That's kind of a line you don't cross, Paul.
你不能逼我做这事儿 保罗
Who do you think you're talking to?
你以为你是在和谁说话
How much do you buy at NBC?
你从NBC那儿买♥♥了多少广♥告♥时间
You don't have any leverage?
难道连这点影响力都没有
Okay.
好吧
Is it about hare krishna? No.
故事是宣传奎师那知觉的吗 不是
Well, not literally, but they don't tell literal stories.
不完全是 不过他们也不用故事宣传
Look, you had a vision your first time.
听着 你第一次去就看见了幻象
Not that I wasn't in a state of bliss for the first few months,
我呢 不光前几个月什么都没有
but something happened.
后来也发生了一些事
I try to clear my head, but I can't.
我试着理清思绪 但是我做不到
It's too busy in there.
想法太多了
Everybody else looks so happy.
其他人看起来都那么开心
You know, I got there and I started trying to figure out
而我在那却绞尽脑汁想弄清
who Prabhupad likes best.
圣帕布帕得最喜欢谁
It's the same as everywhere I go.
但就像我在其他地方的时候一样
He doesn't like me. No one likes me.
他不喜欢我 没人喜欢我
Sometimes I think Krishna doesn't even like me.
有时候我觉得连上帝都不喜欢我
No one but Lakshmi.
除了吉祥天女
Will you read the script?
你能看看剧本吗
Can I ask you something?
问你件事
Why didn't you bring in Paul Kinsey when you hiring Ginsberg?
你之前为何不重聘保罗·金西 而雇了金斯伯格
He wasn't submitted.
他的简历并不在内
You didn't consider him?
你没想到他吗
Was I supposed to?
我应该想到他吗
As far as I know, he was at McCann,
据我所知 他之前在麦肯公♥司♥
And then Y&R,
之后是扬&罗必凯
then he rolled downhill through K&E and B&B.
然后走下坡路去了肯恩&埃克哈 百态广♥告♥
And last thing I heard, he was in-house at A&P.
最后住在了A&P
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表