Are the children home?
孩子们在家吗
They're at day camp. You know that.
他们在参加夏令营呢
Betty, you were sorely missed last night.
贝蒂 昨天没见着你 真是想死我了
Well, that's good to hear, I guess.
真高兴您记挂着我 是吧
You've missed a bunch of these, Betty.
此类活动你几乎都不怎么参加
Pauline...
波琳...
And I'm sure he never shows it,
我知道他肯定不会表现出来
but it upsets Henry when you're not there.
不过你不在 亨利很不自在
I want him to be happy.
我希望他能感到幸福
And you being with him is part of that.
有你的陪伴是他幸福感的来源之一
I wasn't feeling well.
我身体不是很舒服
Honey, I know how it happens.
亲爱的 我知道是怎么回事
You get comfortable and you give up a little bit.
生活悠闲起来 就不怎么注意节制
And then it just gets out of control.
然后体重就不受你控制了
There are things you can do about this.
不过总归还是有办法的
There are pills you can take.
你可以试着服用一些药
Why haven't you taken them?
那你怎么不去吃那些药
Believe me, I would if I could.
说真的 我要是能吃早吃了
I have a heart condition.
我心脏有问题没办法吃
And honestly, at my age,
再说 我这个岁数
I don't have to please men anymore.
也不用再花心思取悦男人了
But you...
但是你...
Don't you want to get back into
你难道不想赶快再穿上
that incredible closet of yours again?
衣橱里琳琅满目的锦衣华服吗
It'll be easy for you.
对你来说会很简单的
You're just one of those girls.
你就是那种幸运的女孩
Thank you, Dawn.
谢谢 唐恩
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
She was the most qualified.
她的资历是最适合的了
We've got great news,
我们有个好消息
but assume this is for your ample ears only.
不过你听了可别外传
Is it about Heinz and the Rolling Stones?
是跟亨氏和滚石乐队有关吗
What? No.
什么 不是
Harry's such a liar.
哈里真是个大骗子
Baked beans and the Rolling Stones.
烘豆罐头配上滚石乐队
A client's idea if I ever heard one.
估计是客户的奇思妙想吧
Mohawk airlines is returning.
莫霍克航♥空♥公♥司♥的单子拿下了
That's great. That's a big fish.
很好啊 钓到了条大鱼
It's a minnow, but it's our minnow.
一条小鱼而已 不过是我们的小鱼
Well, I obviously have experience.
很显然 我有这方面的经验
I mean, at a low level,
虽说只是些皮毛
but I saw how it worked.
但运作流程我是清楚的
Your plate is full. And, frankly,
你手上已经忙不开了 而且实话告诉你
Mohawk is going to insist on a regular copywriter.
莫霍克航♥空♥公♥司♥指明要一个日常文案专员
Someone with a penis.
一个"带把"的
I'll work on that.
那个我"尽力"吧
Call in books. You're the search committee.
去收集档案吧 你负责甄选文案
Okay, when? Immediately.
好的 什么时候 马上
Now, this is gonna be my account.
听着 那个单子我负责
So I don't want just some hack with retail experience.
可别给我找个只懂销♥售♥的嫩头青
He should be brilliant and have awards.
找个才华横溢 业界闻名的
I want you to bring me a good-looking version of don.
照着唐的标准找 不过要帅一点的
Oh, that'll be easy.
那好办
Mrs. Francis. Hello.
弗朗西斯夫人 你好
So nice of you to see me so quickly.
这么快就排到我 多谢
Well, slow day.
今天不忙
What seems to be the problem
您是哪里不舒服
Well, it's just that I've been wondering--
是这样的 我最近总在想
I've put on a few pounds
我稍微发福了一点
and I haven't had much luck reducing on my own for some reason.
不过出于各种原因 我却没能瘦下来
Well, with middle-aged women,
你这样的中年妇女
it gets easier to put it on and harder to take it off.
胖起来容易 瘦下来难啊
Well, a friend told me
我有个朋友告诉我
it'd be easier If you gave me diet pills.
如果你能开些减肥药 就会容易得多
Just to give me a little jump-start.
就当是给我瘦身开个好头
Is your friend a doctor?
你那个朋友是医生吗
No.
不是
Well, I'm not going to give you a prescription
好吧 给你开处方药没问题
without giving you an exam.
不过我要先给你做个检查
For diet pills?
开减肥药有必要吗
If you think it's necessary.
有必要的话你就检查吧
Mrs. Francis, when a housewife has a rapid weight gain,
弗朗西斯夫人 家庭主妇体重骤增时
The cause is usually psychological--
诱因通常会是心理上的问题
Unhappiness, anxiety, boredom--
苦恼 焦虑 厌烦
Things that cause us to lose our self-control.
此类负面情绪会导致自我失控
But first,
不过首先
we have to rule out diabetes, hyperthyroidism.
我们要排除糖尿病 甲状腺功能亢进
Well, I don't need to take the pills forever.
我没说要一直吃这些药
I don't like that.
这儿怎么回事
What?
什么
Could you swallow?
你吞咽一下试试
Henry!
亨利
Henry!
亨利
Henry!
亨利
Mrs. Francis is on line one.
弗朗西斯夫人在1号♥线
Betts, you there?
贝蒂 是你吗
Don, I don't know what to do.
唐 我实在不知道如何是好
About what?
什么事
I went to the doctor this morning and he found this thing.
今天早上我去医院 医生发现了个东西
It's a-- a node or a nodule or something
是个...是个瘤什么乱七八糟的
and it's on my thyroid.
就在我的甲状腺上
They don't know what it is, but it's a lump, Don.
尚不确定是什么 不过有个肿块 唐
And he's sending me to the city to some specialist for tests.
医生说要送我去城里的专家那做检查
Okay, okay, calm down.
好的 好的 先冷静下
I can't, Don. I can't.
我做不到 唐 我做不到
Betts, what exactly did he say?
贝蒂 医生到底怎么说的
Well, nothing. You know how they are.
什么都没说 他们不就那样嘛
Do you want me to take the kids?
想让我来照顾孩子吗
The kids.
孩子们
Oh, the kids. Oh, god.
哦 孩子们 天呐
Birdy.
亲爱的
Say what you always say.
说你常对我说的那句话
Everything's gonna be okay.
一切都会好起来的
Okay.
好
Bye-bye.
再见
If I see one more Volkswagen ad with something else in it...
如果我再看到拿些不相干的东西做大众汽车的广♥告♥...
You can do an ad on anything you want.
你想拿任何商品做广♥告♥都可以
Don't pick toilet paper, shit bird.
但千万别选厕纸 傻♥逼♥
Too fat. Too thin.
资历太深 资历太浅
Shelly Parker-- might be a woman, god forbid.
雪莉·帕克 该是个女人 完全不符合
"Judge not, lest ye be judged."
"勿妄下评判 以免遭人评判"
Irony. That's promising.
擅讽刺 有前途
Have I lost my sense of smell or is this good?
是我闻不到"臭"了 还是此条确实不错
That's bitchin'.
有点意思
What's this guy's name?
这家伙叫什么
Michael Ginsberg.
迈克·金斯伯格
Nice knowing you, Mike.
幸会啊 迈克
What are you doing? That's the best one I've seen.
你在干嘛 他的作品已经算是最好的了
This is why girls don't play sports.
怪不得你们女人玩不懂运动
You've been working on Heinz for four months.
你为亨氏广♥告♥案忙了整整四个月
Somebody else is gonna carry the ball across the goal line?
你就甘心让别人临门一脚 大功告成
Bringing him in for Mohawk.
是让他负责莫霍克航♥空♥的业务
I hope you like him.
但愿你跟他相处融洽
He's gonna be your boss someday.
说不定以后他会是你的老板
I like working with talented people. It inspires me.
我喜欢同才华横溢的人共事 激发灵感
I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about another writer.
我没在说我自己 我说的是另一个文案
Are you suddenly not competitive?
你的好胜心哪去了
The chick who races people to the toilet?
那个上厕所都要跟人赛跑的姑娘哪去了
I'm going to bring him in.
我要把他招进来
Stick to mediocre. You'll sleep better.
招些庸才进来 才能睡得踏
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表