It is beautiful out here.
这边很漂亮
The air is so fresh and all the trees and the grass.
空气很清新 树木葱郁 仙草芬芳
I grew up in rural Vermont.
我在佛蒙特州乡下长大
Kids throwing their bikes on the front lawn
孩子们把自行车扔在家门口的草坪上
is not the country to me.
对我来说可不算乡下
You miss the horse shit, huh?
你想念乡下的马粪了吗
Don!
唐
I grew up in the country, too, and I don't miss walking
我也是在乡下长大的 一点都不怀念
to an outhouse in the middle of winter.
大冬天还要去外面上厕所的日子
Well, it's more civilized than that.
我们这比你那现代一点
But there are a lot of varmints.
但是小混混倒是不少
You should bring that rifle home.
你应该把那把步♥枪♥带回来
You still have that? There will be no gun in this house.
你还留着呢 我可不能忍♥受家里有枪
I never liked them.
我一直不喜欢枪
And now with that Charles Whitmore.
更何况出了查尔斯·惠特默的事之后
Whitman.
是惠特曼
They say he had a brain tumor.
他们说他是得了脑瘤
He kept warning everyone.
他一直在警告周围的人
Without a gun would he be able to kill his wife
要是没有枪的话 他可能杀了自己老婆
and mom and 20 other people?
老妈 还有其他20几个人吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
It's the hostess' prerogative to change the subject.
作为女主人 我要换个话题
Trudy, it bears discussion.
特鲁迪 此事值得讨论
One rifle for shooting gophers
用枪来打地鼠
is not the same as a frustrated ex-marine shooting at pregnant ladies.
和落魄的退役军人用枪来射杀孕妇可不是一回事
You know, Kenny predicted it.
跟你说 肯尼早就预言过这事
He wrote a story that was exactly like that.
他还以此为题材写了篇小说
Don't, Cynthia. Cynthia!
别说这个 辛西娅 辛西娅
What?
怎么
Nothing, I just...
没什么 我
Honey, they don't want to talk about that.
亲爱的 他们不想聊那个
Why not?
为什么
You know, if he wasn't a writer, we never would have met.
知道吗 我们就是因为写作才认识的
I didn't know that. I work in publishing.
我可没听说过那回事 我在出版业工作
My boss was rejecting him
我的老板正要退掉他的稿子
and I thought that it was all he could handle.
我还以为他脆弱的承受不了
What was the story?
小说讲的什么
Forget it. No, we want to know.
别问了 不行 我们都想知道
It's called "The punishment of x4."
名字叫《X4的惩罚》
There's this bridge between these two planets
讲的是有一座连接两个行星的桥
and thousands of humans travel on it every day.
每天都有无数人从桥上走过
And so there's this robot; he does maintenance on the bridge.
桥上有个负责日常维护的机器人
And one day, he removes a bolt
有一天 他拿掉了一个螺丝
and the bridge collapses and everyone dies.
桥塌了 所有人都死了
There's more to it than that, you know.
那只是表面上的故事
But it's just a story.
但也只是个故事罢了
Why does he do it?
他为什么要这么做
Because he's a robot.
因为他是机器人
Those people tell him what to do
只能按照别人既定的程序做事情
and he doesn't have the power to make any decisions
他没有选择的权利
except he can decide whether that bolt's on or off.
唯一能自己决定的就是那颗螺丝的去留
Or he just hates commuters.
也许他只是讨厌那些路人
How long have you been writing?
你从什么时候开始写作的
I started screwing around in high school.
高中时就开始乱写东西
And by the time I got a job, I thought it would go away,
等到工作的时候 我觉得可能不会再有那份激♥情♥了
and mostly has.
果不其然
No one grows up want to be in advertising.
没人长大后想从事广♥告♥业
That's not true; it's such an interesting profession to me.
才不是 我就对这行很感兴趣
What are you to it, Megan?
梅根 你觉得呢
Megan came to New York as an actress.
梅根刚来纽约时是个小演员
If trying to be an actress is being an actress.
如果试过也算的话 那就算是吧
That's fascinating I could see it.
真是太棒了 我能看出来
But I had been in a few agencies on auditions,
我去试镜了几次
and look like a fun place to get bills paid,
看起来是个有趣而且能挣钱的行业
and I saw what Don and Peggy did,
但后来我看到唐和佩奇做的事情
And I saw a future for myself in it.
觉得那才是属于我的工作
That's the truth.
确实是这样
Can I interest anyone in dessert and coffee?
有谁想来点甜品或咖啡吗
Hot or iced? Yes to dessert.
热的还是冷的 先上甜品吧
Still have too much fun for coffee.
现在相谈甚欢 无需咖啡解乏
People talk about how the so much crime in the city.
大家都在谈论城里犯罪率为什么那么高
I was ripped off by the kid who mows my lawn.
我却被帮我修草坪的孩子狠宰
Yeah, they used to take my beer out of the fridge in the garage.
他们还常偷我车♥库♥冰箱里的啤酒喝
A fridge in the garage? That's a good idea.
车♥库♥里放冰箱 真是个好主意
Damn it. I'll get the toolbox.
该死 我去拿工具箱
I turned it on and it just blew in my face.
我一打开水就往我脸上喷
Hold this.
按住
Don, what are you doing?
唐 你要干嘛
Look, it's superman.
瞧瞧 超人来了
Oh, good lord.
老天
What was wrong?
哪里出问题了
The supply was turned all the way up. It forces the valve.
下面的供水管开得太大 把阀门冲开了
But it stopped the leak. That was a coincidence.
但是止住了漏水 巧合罢了
Grab Don's shirt. I'll throw it in the dryer.
拿着唐的衬衫 我一会儿拿去烘干
Aren't we supposed to say something about that baby?
我们是不是该对孩子说点什么
Look at her. What an angel.
瞧瞧她 真像个天使
I take no credit for her at all.
完全是她妈妈的功劳
I'm gonna close my eyes.
我现在闭上眼
And when I open, I want to see skyscrapers.
希望睁开的时候能看见摩天大楼
Admit it, you had a great time.
你玩的挺开心的 就承认了吧
I'm too drunk for you to drive.
我这么醉你能专心开车吗
We should pull over and both sober up.
我们应该靠边停会儿 醒醒酒
Let's make a baby.
来造个孩子吧
No, that's impossible.
不要 那是不可能的
What, isn't that how this works?
为什么 不是很正常的事吗
A baby gets you going?
那孩子让你动心了
Just pull over. This brassiere is like Fort Knox.
就靠边停吧 你的胸罩怎么都解不开
The only reason you're getting anywhere
你之所以能得逞
Is because Peter scared the shit out of me
是因为皮特讲的关于车祸的事情
with his car accident statistics.
着实吓到我了
And because I can't believe
还有我无法相信
how much I loved watching you fix that sink.
自己多么爱看你修水管的样子
Because there was a plane crash.
因为发生了一起坠机事故
And it doesn't matter that it's not one of Mohawk's.
不管那是不是莫霍克的飞机
We should stop running ads for a week
我们都应该停止播放广♥告♥一星期
And then just hope that no one notices
然后祈祷没人注意到
That Mohawk has 10 planes that are the same model.
莫霍克也有10架同样型号♥的飞机
Why? There's a plane crash every day in Vietnam.
为什么 越南每天都有坠机事件发生
There were seven yesterday.
昨天就坠了7架
It's Braniff, for Christ's sake.
那可是布兰尼夫国际航♥空♥
Let them eat their award-winning work.
让他们自己承担恶果去吧
Ask Lane.
你问莱恩吧
Yes? Do what you want. It's your account.
怎么 随便你 反正是你的客户
Hey, Heathcliff. How was your date?
嘿 英国人 谈得怎么样
Lane here got lord Jaguar to unravel the mysteries of the R.F.P.
莱恩设法让捷豹的人揭开招标书之谜了呢
Yes, about that...
关于那个
Unfortunately, I was forced to do the plan in reverse,
很可惜 我只能反过来诱导他
as you suggested.
像你说的那样
I even offered that Rebecca was unbalanced
甚至连瑞贝卡的事情都说出来了
in an effort to attempt to lull him into confession,
试图让他向我坦白
but to no avail.
但是完全没用
What plan?
什么计划
Anyway, I've primed him for another dinner
尽管如此 我约了他再次共进晚餐
when all shall be revealed and it's on the books.
到时候应该就能揭晓 一切都照章进行
That's not what I told you to do.
那可不是我传授给你的经验
Lane, I think Roger and I, and probably Don,
莱恩 我觉得我和罗杰或者唐
should take your friend out to a dinner
应该和你的朋友一起吃顿饭
which is strictly business.
只谈公事
Ask all the rough questions, brag about you,
把你问不出口的问题给问了 吹捧一下你
then allow you to swoop in,
然后你再插♥进♥来
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表