It's just two weeks after those nurses in Chicago.
就发生在芝加哥护士惨案两周后
They don't want me out there by myself.
他们不希望我独自在外
Don't let them scare you.
别让他们把你给唬住了
I don't know.
我不知道
Things seem so random all of a sudden.
一切忽然变得如此无法预料
And time feels like it's speeding up.
时间好像越走越快
It does,
确实啊
doesn't it?
不是吗
I remember when the summer seemed as long as the school year.
我记得从前暑假像有一学年那么长
I used to go every spring to the botanical gardens.
每年春天 我都会去植物园
And this year, look, it's already August.
可是今年 现在都八月份了
In the Bronx?
是布朗克斯那个吗
My family donated some of that.
那有一部分是我家捐的
Really? Well, generations ago.
真的吗 好几代以前了
We should go some Sunday soon.
我们可以挑个周日去
We'd be V.I.P.s.
我们会被当作贵宾呢
Who's going to drive?
谁来开车
We'll take turns. Give each other lessons.
可以轮流开 互相学习指导
Okay, that's 15 minutes, everybody.
好了 15分钟休息时间结束 各位
Back to the salt mines.
回♥教♥室吧
We should go back in.
咱们该进去了
Don't want to miss the mayhem.
可别错过"精彩片段"
What's Ken's wife's name?
肯的老婆叫什么名字
I can't remember.
我不记得了
She sent me the nicest thank-you card for the party.
上次派对后她寄来的感谢卡最好了
Why don't you wear the sport coat I got you?
怎么不♥穿♥我给你买♥♥的那件外套
It's the country.
我们可是要去郊区
You should slow down.
你悠着点儿
I'm timing this for when we arrive.
我想在到之前先把自己灌醉
I want to hit the doorbell with my chin.
然后用下巴按门铃
You know, this could be fun.
也许会很有意思呢
How's that work?
怎么会
You don't think there's any chance you could
你难道不觉得和别的夫妻
have a conversation with another couple as friends?
可以像朋友一样交流吗
What about your actor friends?
你的演员朋友呢
I don't think there was any business
起码和他们在一起不用
or financial realities discussed the whole time.
总在讨论生意或是金融话题
Don, I had to invite your accountant to your birthday party.
唐 我得请你的会计来你的生日派对
Frank's been very important to me, okay?
弗兰克对我来说很重要 好吗
You're driving. Now go change.
你来开车 去换衣服吧
Incredible, right?
难以置信 是不是
We keep expecting to open the doors
我们总希望打开门
and see a tiny orchestra in there.
就看见一只小型乐队在里面
That would be amazing.
那会很不错的
And it's a beautiful piece of furniture.
绝对是件尊贵奢华的家具
It's seven feet long.
7英尺长
Wilt Chamberlain could lie down in there.
张伯伦都能躺进去了
Why would he want to do that?
他为什么要躺里面
The hostess would like you to turn down the stereo
女主人希望你们把声音调小点
for fear of waking a nonessential guest.
以免吵醒我们的"小客人"
I told her she's not allowed to talk about the baby tonight.
我告诉她今晚不要提孩子
Terrific. That's him.
太好了 他来了
Welcome. I'm sorry we're late.
欢迎 抱歉我们迟到了
You know I can't blame the directions.
你知道我不能借口说找不到路
You have a lovely home. You haven't seen it.
你家很漂亮 你还没仔细看呢
But it is certainly graced by the addition of the Cosgroves.
但科斯格罗夫夫妇的到来着实令寒舍蓬荜生辉
It's nice to see you, Don.
很高兴见到你 唐
Well, hello, you.
好啊 你
I see a familiar red tin.
我看到了熟悉的红铁罐哦
Brownies from William Greenberg.
威廉格林伯格烤屋的布朗尼
Well, hello and welcome.
热烈欢迎啊
You look lovely, Trudy.
你真漂亮 特鲁迪
We did it, didn't we?
我们做到了 不是吗
We got them together.
我们把他们聚齐了
Tweety, look what they brought.
亲爱的 看他们带了什么
Doesn't it make you homesick?
有没有勾起你的乡愁
I'm sorry there are no bakeries or Greenbergs in Cos Cob.
真可惜 科斯柯布没有烘焙坊或者格林伯格烤屋
Can we put them in the icebox?
我们把它放进冰箱怎么样
Could everyone try it my way?
让大家试试我的吃法
I'm going to devil some eggs
我要去做意式煮蛋
if the girls want to help.
不知女士们愿不愿意帮忙
Megan, you want to take Don's drink order?
梅根 你看看唐想喝点什么
Big and brown.
大杯 不加冰
Trudy, I love your touch.
特鲁迪 我喜欢你这儿的风格
It's almost rustic. Am I wrong?
很像田园风 是吧
That may take longer than you like.
酒可能要等上一会儿
Ken just handed it to me.
肯刚拿给我的
Do you like the music?
你喜欢这音乐吗
I do.
喜欢
You know, I've never lived on the ground floor before.
我以前从没住过一楼
And we don't share any walls,
墙那边也没有邻居
so I can make it as loud as I want.
所以我想开多大声就开多大声
But we're not gonna. Trudy has ground rules.
但是我们不会这样 特鲁迪定了点规则
No work talk, no baby talk.
不准聊工作和孩子
And you get the big steak.
还有 你的牛排最大
Excuse me?
什么意思
Look,
听着
I'm not gonna pretend it's not a big deal to us that you came out.
你能来真是我们莫大的荣幸
Oh, come on.
别这么说
We're long overdue.
早该有此一聚了
I remember asking you over to dinner when we first got married.
记得我们刚结婚的时候 我就邀过你来吃饭
That was another lifetime.
仿佛已经是上辈子的事
Well, at least for me.
我确实重获新生了
Beef's brilliant,
牛肉真好吃
but it would be difficult to do those tomatoes one better.
但和番茄相比还是略逊一筹
Ever done any gardening?
你做过园艺吗
No. Well, I'm quite keen on it now.
没有 我现在可是很热衷于此
Three years in North Africa, scarcely a blade of grass,
在北非三年 那儿几乎寸草不生
living like a dog.
活得跟狗似的
Yes.
没错
I've heard men talk with dark permanence about those years.
我常听人说起那段日子有多黑暗
Not me.
我可不会
Best days of my life.
那是我人生中最美好的日子
Oh, well,
这样啊
then I suppose you must miss it.
我想你一定很怀念那儿吧
You must have some melancholy.
一定有些惆怅
No, it's just how I associate with my youth.
不 只是回想年轻岁月时会想到罢了
What about your war?
你的战争经历呢
I volunteered for combat on numerous occasions,
我自愿参加了许多战役
but spent most of the war as a supply assistant in Rosyth.
但大多数时候 我在罗塞斯做后勤助理
Well, everyone played their part.
每个人都扮演好自己的角色
That was Britain at its best.
那时是英国的巅峰时期
Yes.
没错
So I'm glad to hear that America has been good for you.
我很高兴你在美国也过得很好
And your wife is pleased, I assume?
你夫人一定很高兴吧 我猜
I'll be honest with you, Lane.
老实说吧 莱恩
I haven't a complaint in the world.
我完全没什么好抱怨的
Well, that's too bad, isn't it?
那太糟了 不是吗
So the Coe family claims it was them, Coes' Cob,
柯伊家族声称是他们建造了"柯伊防波堤"
which became through Yankee arrogance Cos Cob.
后来就变成了美♥国♥佬♥所说的科斯柯布
Of course, it also sounds a lot
当然 听起来也很像
like the Algonquin word for briefcase.
阿尔冈昆语里的公文包
Ken, where have you and--
肯 你和...
Where have you two made your home?
你们夫妻二人住在哪里
We're in Jackson Heights, Queens.
我们住在皇后区的杰克逊亥茨
It's very down to earth. A lot of workers.
非常质朴的地方 有很多工人
I keep telling them to move out to the country.
我一直劝他们搬到郊区来
Well, we both work in the city.
我们都在城里工作
And my parents aren't like Trudy's.
我父母也不像特鲁迪的父母
Help from them comes with a lot of strings attached.
他们的帮助总有许多附带条件
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表