State highway patrol.
高速公路巡警
There has been an accident at Tremble Road and the expressway.
特兰波路与高速公路交叉口发生一起事故
Does it go like that all day?
难道整天都响个不停吗
I suppose, but I don't hear it.
大概吧 我已经习惯了
You're not ready at all?
你怎么还没开始准备
We have time.
不用急
The first half of a football match is just flirting.
足球比赛上半场看不看无所谓
Well, I'd like to get there,
我想快点到那里
grab a nice seat, enjoy the chitchat.
选个好位置 聊聊天
If it's a matter of you and I having a nice lunch,
如果是为了你我享受午餐
perhaps a ride in the boats in the park, hmm?
或许去公园划船比较好
You don't even know what's good for you.
你都不知道什么对你而言是好的
Spending an afternoon in the pub with our friends.
下午应该在酒馆和朋友们在一起
One, they're your friends, and recent ones at that.
首先 他们是你的朋友 而且才刚认识不久
Two, I have no fond memories of hours spent in pubs watching football.
其次 我根本没有兴趣在酒馆看足球打发时间
Three--
第三
You love football. No, that's my father.
可是你爱足球 不 那是我父亲
And I hate this business
而且我讨厌
of bringing England over in pieces.
把英国的习惯一点点带过来
It's strictly for the homesick.
都是有思乡病的人才干的事
But it's filled with immigrants like us.
但那里都是像我们一样的移♥民♥
How lovely your face becomes when you tell me you need something.
瞧你 在告诉我你想要什么时 变得真可爱
I'd be happy if you'd just pretend to have a good time.
如果你能装作玩得开心我会很满足的
Then pretend I shall.
那我就假装一下吧
God save our gracious queen
上帝保佑女王
Long live our noble queen
祝她万寿无疆
God save our queen...
天佑女王
Now, I want both of you to make a pledge
现在 我要你们两个向我保证
that this is the end of football for some time.
有关足球的话题可以消停消停了
We beat the bloody jerries for the World Cup, darling.
亲爱的 我们在世界杯上打败了德国佬
That is the end of football.
再没什么好说的了
I'll believe that when I see it.
我很怀疑
Is Lane this way about that?
莱恩也对足球如此痴迷吗
Perhaps at one time.
以前有过
But right now he's been in the midst
但是现在他正处于
of a messy divorce with Great Britain.
和祖国艰难的分手期
I daresay my blood's running now.
我现在可是热血贲张
Good day to be an Englishman.
今天作为英国人很自豪
I don't know if I caught it. Are you an account man at the firm?
不知道我记的对不对 你在公♥司♥是做会计的吗
No, financial chief.
不 是财务总监
You should have one give me a call.
你应该派人给我打个电♥话♥
Well, my name's on the door.
我的大名写在门上呢
I don't find Britain any more moral than here nowadays.
现在英国也不比这里风气好多少
The boys look like girls and the girls,
男的看起来像女的 而女孩儿们
they don't seem to be concerned with manners, do they?
似乎根本不在乎礼节
I find New York better than London.
我倒认为纽约比伦敦好
Because 50 miles away, things are infinitely more wholesome.
50英里外的土地 比伦敦有益身心多了
You'll have your farmland. Give it some time.
你会拥有自己的农田的 不用着急
She wants to raise hogs.
她想养小肥猪
Just take the last booth.
最后面的卡座
Kenny?
肯尼
Oh, hi. What are you doing here?
好啊 你怎么在这
Trying to get ptomaine poisoning.
想找个法子食物中毒呢
I'll see you at the office. Unless you have plans.
那一会儿公♥司♥见 你有什么要忙吗
Oh, no. It's Cynthia's uncle.
没什么 那是辛西娅的叔叔
He's trying to break into radio.
他想进入广播界
I'm gonna try and talk him out of it.
我正在劝他放弃
I'd love to meet him.
我很乐意认识他
He's painfully shy.
他在陌生人面前不自在
I get it.
我懂了
You want to be alone.
你不想被打扰
Do you mind?
你介意吗
Okay, now on to new business.
好的 现在讨论新业务
Roger? Nope.
罗杰 没有
Pete? No.
皮特 没有
Mr. Cooper? No, dear.
库珀先生 没有 亲爱的
Don? Nope.
唐 没有
Very well, then.
那就这样
If there are any addendums for the minutes,
如果目前有任何需要补充的
please give them to me by 4:00.
请四点前交给我
Excuse me, gentlemen. If I may.
打断一下 先生们 容我说一句
I have a bit of new business.
我手上有个新业务
Taking leave again? Not at all.
又要请假吗 不是
I don't know if you're aware,
不知道诸位有没有听说
but England won the World Cup.
英国赢得了世界杯冠军
Cup of what?
什么杯
Anyway, I've begun a bit of a friendship with Edwin Baker,
总之 我和埃德温·贝克搭上了关系
senior vice president of public relations for Jaguar Cars Incorporated.
他是捷豹公♥司♥公共关系部的高级副总裁
Completely unprovoked, he made it clear
非常出人意料 他明确表态
that since their impending merger with B.M.C.,
因为他们即将与英国汽车公♥司♥合并
they're looking for a new agency
所以需要一个新广♥告♥公♥司♥
to break them into the American market.
帮他们打入美国市场
Dinner is set.
已经约好见面
Yowza! Spectacular.
好样的 做得好
I want one. So, Mr. Pryce,
我想加入 那么 普莱斯先生
That's jaguar, like the cat? Indeed.
是豹子 猫科动物 没错
Why are you smiling?
你有什么好高兴的
Jaguar, well, we'd probably have to hire 10 people
捷豹 我们起码得再雇10个人
who will be on the payroll for months.
而且要长♥期♥支付他们工资
Are you sure we can afford it?
你确定我们能负担起吗
My lordy. New business.
老天 新业务
Not here, sir.
没门 先生
I suppose if you brought in an account of this stature,
我想如果你能带来同样级别的新业务
I might say something different.
我可不会是你现在这种反应
It's $3 million, tops.
最多就是300万的单子
It's a car and you know it.
那可是汽车公♥司♥ 你明白其意义
You know, I'd be happy to ride shotgun.
其实 我很乐意给你做副手
If nothing else, I could pick up the check
至少 我可以去帮你买♥♥单
and make you look important.
让你看起来像个大人物
I think that would make you look important.
那样你就被当作大人物了
But, honestly, Lane, if you want any of us along,
说真的 莱恩 如果有任何需要我们的
Cooper speaks British.
库珀会英国腔
I believe Edwin and I relate to one another
我相信埃德温和我之间的关系
on matters both business and personal.
除了公事交往 私交也甚笃
Englishman to Englishman.
我们英国人之间谈就好
I love that car.
我爱那个车
Should someone give him a few pointers?
你们去给他一点建议吧
That's a good idea. I'm terribly busy.
是该这样 我忙得很
Roger. I'd be glad to.
罗杰 乐意效劳
Oh, Don. Just a minute.
唐 稍等一下
Trudy dictated directions to Clara for Saturday night.
特鲁迪已经把周六晚上的驾车路线告诉克莱拉
I promise, no charades, no bridge,
我保证 不玩哑谜和桥牌
just good home cooking and drinks.
就是一些家常菜 喝酒聊天
This Saturday I think we're going away.
本周六我们打算外出
I doubt that.
我可不信
Trudy will only act on a certainty.
特鲁迪做事前都会确认好
Okay.
好吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Dawn, can you get Mrs. Draper? She's inside.
唐恩 能帮我把德雷柏太太找来吗 她在里面
I'm almost done.
我就快好了
So, I want you to call your new best friend Trudy Campbell
给你新闺蜜特鲁迪·坎贝尔打个电♥话♥
and tell her that we're unavailable this weekend.
告诉她这周末我们不能赴宴了
You already said we were coming.
你不是答应人家了吗
To who?
答应谁了
I don't know. Trudy said you did.
我不清楚 特鲁迪说你已经答应了
Well, she got this far by subterfuge.
她的小伎俩耍得挺成功嘛
She won't feel bad when you pull the plug on it.
跟她说我们不去 她不会不高兴的
I like her.
她人挺好的
I like her, too.
我也这么觉得
But Saturday night in the suburbs?
不过周六晚上真要去郊区吗
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表