I lost a night's work. I couldn't sleep--
我一整晚没心思工作 又失眠
Would you stop?
你能住嘴吗
A friend of mine knows somebody doing an off-off-broadway show.
我有个朋友认识人在做小剧场
I read on the weekend,
我周末去试读了剧本
and then I got a callback last night,
昨天接到通知让我再去一趟
and I didn't want to miss it.
我不想错过这次机会
But I didn't get it, so that's it; it's done.
但是没选上 就这样 不会有下次了
Why can't you tell Don?
你为什么不告诉唐
Tell Don I still want to be an actress?
告诉他我还想当演员吗
Do you?
你想吗
I know copywriting's hard,
我知道文案不好做
but you're doing great.
但是你做得很好啊
You shouldn't give up.
你不该半途而废
I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't think you had talent.
要不是觉得你有天赋 我才不会劝你
The other day they asked me
前几天他们让我
to take Stan's originals down to the printer,
把斯坦的原件拿下去复印
and I thought all I have to do is throw these in the trash
我当时就想 只要把这些原件丢进垃圾桶
and they'll fire me,
他们就能开除我了
or at least they'd yell at me,
或者最起码劈头盖脸骂我一顿
and I could cry enough and quit.
我就能大哭一场把工作辞了
But then I realized they'll - they'll never fire me.
可我后来意识到 他们永远都不会解雇我
You want to quit?
你想辞职吗
I don't know. What do I do?
我不知道 我该怎么办
You know there are people killing to get this job.
你要知道多少人为这份工作争得头破血流吗
You're taking up a spot and you don't even wanna do it?
你在这儿拥有一席之地 却想辞职不干
I'm sorry I told you.
抱歉 不该告诉你
You didn't. I caught you.
你没有告诉我 是我发现的
And then you act like you want advice,
你搞得好像是要征求我意见
but you've obviously already made up your mind.
但其实你早已下定决心了
Because he's so easy to talk to?
可我根本不可能将他说通
Well, you can't keep lying to him.
那你也不能一直瞒着他
It's so simple when it's someone else's life, isn't it?
别人的问题就不是问题了 是吗
You're right. I don't care what you do.
你说的对 你怎么做与我无关
Phil Beachum is not just the boss,
菲尔·比彻姆不止是老板
he's the head of desserts.
他还是甜品大王
Head of desserts? Please tell me he's 300 pounds.
甜品大王 别告诉我他体重300磅
He's big, just not as big as you'd like.
他是很魁梧 只是没你想的那么庞大
Anyway, Pat Wallace loved the way you and Megan--
总之 帕特·华♥莱♥士♥喜欢你和梅根那样
You know, your banter.
就是 你们的打情骂俏
Dawn, where's Megan?
唐恩 梅根在哪儿
She's not coming.
她不会来了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I was just saying how Pat Wallace
我刚说到帕特·华♥莱♥士♥有多
loved the Mr. And Mrs. Draper bit.
喜欢你们德雷柏夫妇的恩爱秀
And you're gonna go to the test kitchen,
你要到试验厨房♥
taste a couple of different formulations of Cool Whip,
品尝不同配方制♥作♥的清凉维普
and maybe put on a little show to his boss,
然后在其老板面前表演一下那段
You know, as a courtesy.
你知道的 出于礼貌
So, Don, if you could bring everybody up to speed.
那么 唐 麻烦你跟大家说明下情况
Well, I don't know what anybody knows about Cool Whip.
我不知道你们对清凉维普有多少了解
I read a 30-page dossier
我通读了30页的介绍
that fails to use the words "fake whipped cream."
里面竟然对"仿制生奶油"只字未提
Because it's a nondairy whipped topping
因为那是一款非乳制蛋奶甜品
that comes frozen and then melts into this miracle.
冰冻融化后会有奇迹般的味道
Just do the bit.
演演你们那段吧
Okay.
好吧
Honey, I don't even think I want dessert.
亲爱的 我一点都不想吃甜点
You love dessert. You love dessert.
你爱吃甜点的啊 是你爱吃
And you just want me to have some so you can have some.
你让我吃甜点是为了自己能吃到
I made two.
我做了双人份
What is it? It's Cool Whip.
这是什么 清凉维普
It looks like whipped cream. Just taste it.
看起来像生奶油 来尝尝吧
Is it a topping?
是奶油装饰吗
Well, you can have it on ice cream like this,
你可以像这样放在冰淇淋上
on fruit or cake, or just by itself.
配水果或蛋糕也可以 单独吃也行
Just taste it. So it's a dessert?
来尝尝吧 所以是甜品吗
Just taste it. Is it sweet?
来尝尝吧 甜吗
Just taste it.
你就尝尝吧
That's it. That's the line-- "Just taste it."
就这样 广♥告♥词就是"来尝尝吧"
People are gonna be yelling it at the TV set.
观众会这样对着电视大喊
It's adorable, right? It's a nice twist
可爱吧 构思挺精巧
on the stupid husband and pushy wife
傻丈夫和固执妻子
because they actually like each other.
心底深爱着对方
Are you going to be in the ads?
你们要亲自出演吗
No. I tried. They're not interested.
不 我问过了 他们不愿意
Cool whip's not interested or Don and Megan aren't intested?
清凉维普的人不愿意 还是他们夫妻不愿意
We're not interested.
我们不愿意
Don't you like it?
你不喜欢吗
No, I do.
不 很喜欢
Just absorbing it.
就是要点时间消化一下
Hello?
喂
Beth?
贝丝
It's Peter.
我是皮特
I know who it is.
我知道
I want you to get on a train and meet me in the city.
我要你现在跳上火车来城里见我
Anywhere. No.
哪里都行 不
Just a minute.
稍等
What do you want?
什么事
Nothing. You came over to me.
没事 不是你走过来的吗
You opened the door.
是你开门我才过来
Are you still there?
还在吗
Was your secretary on the line?
你秘书也在线上吗
No. I'm at a pay phone.
没有 我用的公用电♥话♥
You're taking away all my fears.
那我可真放心了
I mean, suddenly I don't think about the fact
听你这么一说我都忘了
that you ride with my husband on the train twice a day
你每天要和我老公一起坐两趟车
and that you live 20 minutes away
而且你家离我家只有20分钟
and I'd see your wife at the market, if I ever went.
我去超♥市♥的时候甚至能碰到你老婆
I know, I know.
我知道 我知道
Are you sorry I called?
你不想我给你打电♥话♥吗
Just... Stop.
反正...别打了
Enjoy the memory. Leave it alone.
把美好的都留在回忆里吧
I mean, fantasize about it. I will, too.
偶尔幻想一下就好 我也会的
But... don't call me again.
但是 不要再给我打电♥话♥了
Don.
唐
Don.
唐
What's the matter?
怎么了
I have to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
What's wrong?
出什么事了
I, uh-- I lied to you last night.
我昨晚说谎了
Okay.
好吧
I told you that I went for a drink, but I didn't.
我说和朋友去喝酒 其实不是
I had a callback for a play.
我去参加一部剧的面试了
Okay. So?
然后呢
I feel really bad about lying to you.
对你说谎 我感觉很歉疚
And now you're telling me.
现在你告诉我实话了
You do that a lot?
你经常这样吗
Audition?
面试吗
No, lie to me. No.
不是 对我说谎 没有
Did you get it? What?
选上了吗 什么
No. No, I didn't.
没 没有
But it was incredible, Don.
但是感觉很美妙 唐
I think I was pretty close.
我觉得差一点就成功了
My heart was racing.
我当时很紧张
I mean, I'm rusty.
我已经生疏了
I need to go back to class,
得重新回去学习
but I realized something.
但我意识到一件事
What?
什么
I miss acting.
我怀念表演
I think I gave up too easy
我觉得我之前太轻易就放弃了
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表