剧集 | 邪恶 | 导航列表
- You're sure about this? - I think it's important
对我们所有人来说都很重要
for all of us to give a thorough assessment.
我收到了摩尔门教♥徒♥
You know, I've been getting a lot of requests
申请做这个试验
from the Mormons to try it.
他们觉得这能让他们直接跟上帝对话
They think it's a direct line to God.
既然摩尔门教♥徒♥都对此深信不疑
Well, if it's good enough for the Mormons...
行
Okay.
开始倒数
Count back from...
五十 四十九
50... 49...
四十八 四十七
48... 47...
四十六 四十五
46... 45...
四十四
44...
三十八
38...
你怎么觉得
So what do you think?
我是个无神论者 我看见了我去世的妈妈
I'm an atheist, I saw my dead mother.
你是个不可知论者 你看到大卫出现幻觉
You're an agnostic, you saw David have a vision.
大卫是信教的
David is a believer.
他会看到什么
What does he see?
三十一
31...
我不知道
I don't know.
二十九
29...
二十八 二十七 二十六
28... 27... 26...
二十五 二十四 二十三
25... 24... 23...
三 二
Three... two...
一
one.
我该从头开始数吗
Should I start over again?
你看到什么了吗
Did you get anything?
啥也没有
Not a thing.
好吧 那我进去把仪器取下来
Okay, I'm coming in to detach you.
还挺合适的
Well, that's appropriate.
我们看到幻觉 而幻想家什么也没看到
We get visions, the visionary gets nothing.
我犯了个错
I made a mistake.
我们之前在调查一项科技
We were investigating a technology
应该能让没有信仰的人接触到上帝
that supposedly gives nonbelievers a glimpse of God.
它会用磁场刺♥激♥大脑的特定区域
It magnetically prods certain areas of the brain.
我试用了
I tried it.
我想看看它是否会让我的幻象动摇
I wanted to see whether it could challenge my ideas of visions.
然后呢
And...?
我什么也没看到
I saw nothing.
没有主 也没有地狱
Not God... or Hell.
因为你的幻象不是来自
Because your visions are not coming
你大脑的某个区域
from regions of your brain.
而是来自主
They're coming from God.
现在我什么都看不到
Now I can't see anything.
我试着冥想了几个小时
I've tried for hours... meditating.
什么都没有
Nothing's coming.
科技能重塑大脑
Technology can rewire the brain.
我猜你失去了你得到的一切
My guess is that you've lost everything you've gained.
现在重新开始
Now start over.
而且你最好快点
And you'd better do it quickly
因为汤森先生要来找我们麻烦了
because Mr. Townsend is coming after us
我们需要你的能力来知道如何保护我们
and we need your abilities to know how to protect ourselves.
还有 大卫
And, David,
别再用科技来重塑你的大脑了
don't use technology to rewire your brain again.
又不是玩具
It's not a toy.
所以
So...
你们发现了什么
...what are your findings?
经过深思熟虑
After much deliberation,
我们不建议梵蒂冈对该科技进行
we do not recommend the technology for further research
进一步调查
at the Vatican.
- 为什么 - 对啊
- Why? - Yeah,
- 为什么 - 首先
- wh- Why? - At the minimum
这个设备会把神性
the device reduces spirituality
降级成突触刺♥激♥
to the stimulation of synapses.
它还会重塑大脑
It can also rewire the brain's receptivity to the work
对圣灵的接受能力
of the Holy Spirit.
最后 很大一部分参与者
Last, a significant percentage of the participants
看到的是地狱的幻觉
are seeing visions of Hell.
这是坏事吗
And is that a bad thing?
什么意思
Excuse me?
对地狱的恐惧能让人转向上帝
Fear of Hell can lead people to God.
他们的信仰不合理吗
Is their faith less legitimate?
这是我们想要倡导的信仰吗
But is that the kind of faith we want to promote?
我们怎么能评判人们产生信仰的原因呢
Who are we to judge what brings someone into the fold?
听上去这个头盔能帮助人们
It sounds like the helmet's ability to help people
直观展示我们信仰的现实意义
directly envision the realities of our faith
这能成为教会的助力
could be an asset for the Church.
但显然这里弊大于利啊
But the harm could undoubtedly outweigh any potential benefits.
有什么证明有弊端呢
What's the evidence of this harm?
- 那个 你... - 没有
- Well, you... - None.
没有确凿证据能证明
There's no concrete evidence to support that claim.
另外 那个头盔有着独特的能力
Furthermore, the helmet offers the unique ability
能帮助有神经病症的人
to help people suffering from neurological conditions,
比如抑郁
such as depression.
这本身就是个奇迹 不论是否与宗教有关
That's a miracle in itself... Religious or not...
如果人们想把这一切
and if people want to attribute
归功于上帝 那你们撞大运了
those qualities to God, then, hey, lucky you.
我看见了我去世的妈妈
I- I saw my dead mom,
我的经历或许算不上是
and my experience may not classify
多么重大的伤害 但那感觉很真实
as, uh, harm in the empirical sense, but it felt real
而那之后我都在失眠
and I've been having trouble sleeping ever since.
但那跟你之前就有的噩梦有关
Yeah, but that's from your preexisting night terrors.
我们不能把之前就有的事
I mean, we can't condemn the technology
- 归咎于这个科技... - 好了
- for any preexisting... - Okay.
问题很简单
The question is a simple one.
这个科技应当送去
Should this technology be sent on
教廷科学研究院
to the Pontificia Accademia delle Scienze
进行进一步检验吗
for further examination?
- 不 - 当然 - 或许吧
- No. - Yeah, absolutely. - Maybe.
好吧 帮大忙了 谢谢
Okay, this is helpful, thank you.
把你们的调查结果给我 我会做决定的
Leave your research with me, and I'll make a decision.
求你了 主
Please, God...
宝贝 我们能聊聊吗
Babe, can we talk?
好吧
Okay.
所以 我是这么想的
So... here's my suggestion.
我们卖♥♥掉登山的生意 我去安伊艾找个工作
We sell the climbing business, and I take a job at REI.
全球最大的户外用品连锁零售组织
你辞掉在天主教会的工作
You quit your job at the Catholic Church,
然后我们都把更多注意放在家庭上
and, uh, we just focus more on home.
我们让谢乐尔搬出车♥库♥
We move Sheryl out of the garage,
你可以用回它当办公室
you take it back as an office.
你一直想写一本关于刑事辩护的书
You always wanted to, uh, write that book on criminal defense.
你得到了安伊艾的工作邀请吗
You've got a job offer from REI?
没有 还没有
No, I mean, not yet.
但我认识在那工作的人
Uh, but I know people who work there.
销♥售♥柜台吗
On the sales floor?
不 在企业办公室
No, in the corporate offices.
我在说一份朝九晚五的工作
I'm talking about a nine-to-five job.
我十年前就应该这么做了
This is something I should've done ten years ago.
我为什么要辞职
Why would I quit my job?
克里斯汀
Kristen.
你变了
You have changed.
而我觉得这和你维持这个家的压力
And I think it's directly connected
以及你的工作
to the burden of carrying this family...
直接相关
...and this job.
这个工作在让你变得...
There is something in it that is making you...
...不一样
...different.
它使我更强壮
It's making me tougher.
让我更自足了
It's making me more self-sufficient.
你在超♥市♥里揍了一个男人
You beat up a man at the supermarket.
我们现在要带着动物面具做♥爱♥了
We're wearing animal masks to have sex now.
剧集 | 邪恶 | 导航列表