剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
Not that I'm aware. As I recall, she rather liked him.
-休斯太太 -对 她喜欢他 她是这么说
- Mrs Hughes? - Yes, she liked him. So she said.
他们可能会询问她 但他们派人来之前
They may want to question her, but before they sent someone up,
要我先来问问
they've asked me to check one thing.
他死的那天 她绝对是在唐顿 是吗
She was definitely here on the day of his death? Here at Downton?
-是的 -你总不会怀疑贝茨太太
- I believe so. - Surely, you can't think that Mrs -
我的职责不是猜测 休斯太太 只是记录事实
I'm not paid to think, Mrs Hughes. Just to record the facts.
-香港 -不少沙皇支持者流落到了那儿
- Hong Kong? - A lot of the Tsarist sympathisers ended up there.
-他们如何生存的 -做仆人或司机
- How did they survive? - As servants and taxi drivers.
女帽工 甚至妓♥女♥ 任何能想到的办法
Milliners and prostitutes. Anything they could lay their hand to.
我就不说克拉根夫人
I will not suggest to which of
最适合做哪一种职业了
those callings the Princess Kuragin was most suited.
既然你这么不喜欢她
If you dislike her so much,
又何必为她如此大费周章
why are you going to all this trouble?
-因为这是我欠她的 -为什么
- Because I owe it to her. - Why?
对了 苏珊给安娜贝尔写信
By the way, Susan has written to Annabel
说她很生气你们都接纳了我
to say that she's furious that you've all taken me in.
苏珊从玩娃娃的年纪
Oh, dear Susan has been in a rage
就一直气呼呼的
since she was playing with her dolls.
我对她的脾气都免疫了
I am proof against her tantrums.
如果你想保持中立 还是换个说法吧
I would rephrase that if you want to stay neutral.
我的确不会选边站
I won't take sides - it's true.
但我想我是不会"中立"的
But I don't think I could ever be described as 'neutral'.
您跟汤姆道歉了吗
Have you apologized to Tom?
我从没想到有人
I never knew anyone who could
能激怒我 让我说出那么多违心的话
provoke me into saying so many things I don't believe.
但我的确很抱歉 汤姆 请原谅我
But I am sorry, Tom. Please forgive me.
她很会刺♥激♥您
She knows how to goad you.
简直像外科医生一样一刀一个准
With the precision of a surgeon.
-你为什么还跟她交往 -茜玻死后
- Why do you go on with her? - Since Sybil. Died,
我都忘记跟一个
I've forgotten what it's like to be
与我观点相同的人在一起是什么感觉了
with someone who feels about things as I do.
就是这样 至少此前是如此
That's why. Or that's been why.
在我看 你似乎本已加入了我们
To me, it's as if you'd joined us
现在又要退出去了
and now you're backing away.
我们来干什么
What are we doing here?
我想解释我为什么认为我们该拒绝韦维尔的提议
I want to explain why I think we should turn down Wavell's offer.
我知道 我们只是唐顿的管理人
I know. We are only the caretakers of Downton.
但是爸爸 事情总得做改变
But Papa, some things have to change.
没错 但我们不能毁掉我们想保护的东西
True. But we mustn't destroy what we're trying to protect.
韦维尔丑陋的廉价房♥产
Wavell would wreck this lovely place for ever,
会永远毁了这片美丽的地方
with his ugly, cheap houses.
-但您不能反对一切发展啊 -我不会
- But you can't block all development. - I won't.
我会发展 但不会破坏
I intend to expand, but without spoiling.
我打算做出计划 找个像样的承建商
I'm going to make a plan and find a solid builder
盖与村子和谐的房♥子 而不是破坏这里的美景
who can fit in to the village and not ruin it.
这可能很难做到
That may be hard to achieve.
或许是比直接兑现韦维尔的支票难
It may be harder than cashing Wavell's cheque,
但我们因此就不去尝试了吗
but does that mean we shouldn't try?
当然不是
No.
我们会做建设
We will build.
为庄园挣钱
We'll even make money for the estate.
但我们不能毁掉大家的所爱
But we won't destroy what people love about this place.
你们觉得这样不对吗
Do you think that's wrong?
不 这没错
No. It's not wrong.
我只求这一点
That's all I'm asking.
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表