剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
It's the entire essence of the system.
正是这种交付方式的核心
I'm leaving.
我走了
Forgive my informal appearance.
请原谅我的非正式着装
It is unconscionably warm in here.
这里实在热得过分
You are?
你是
My general preference is to remain anonymous.
我通常不愿意透露姓名
But... Gaston Bullock Means.
加斯顿·布洛克·米恩斯
Special Investigator, United States Department of Justice.
美国司法部特别调查员
Where is Jess Smith?
杰西·史密斯在哪里
Jess Smith is conspicuously absent.
杰西·史密斯显然不在
How is that an answer?
这算什么答复
The client enters.
有委托人来
The payment is placed in the bowl.
报酬放在鱼缸里
The client leaves. Who has seen whom?
委托人一走 谁也没见过谁
No one has seen anybody.
大家互不碰面
And the Republic survives another day.
合众国才好延续
This is your idea?
是你的主意吗
It has the twin virtues of simplicity and mystery.
既简单又神秘
It strikes me as idiotic.
我看是白♥痴♥至极
Well, that is your prerogative.
那可是您的特权
Mr. Thompson, did you not make prior arrangements
汤普森先生 您难道不是事先与
with Messrs. Smith and Daugherty in regards
史密斯夫人和达赫提安排过
to certain services and protections?
某种服务和保护
And were you not given exact instructions
您难道没有接到过明确的指示
as to where and when this transaction would take place?
告知款项交付如何进行
I was.
接到了
And are we not now both
难道我们不是同样
growing older on a brisk winter's day
在这寒风凛冽的冬日
in the great port of New York,
在大纽约港
eager to see where fate leads us next?
急切地期待命运来临
What is going on with Smith and Daugherty?
史密斯和达赫提是怎么回事
My understanding is that they are no more than close friends,
我的理解是 他们不过是密友
base rumors to the contrary.
尽管传言截然相反
That's not what I meant.
我不是这个意思
I know what you meant.
我懂您的意思
But that would be another conversation in a different room.
不过那将会是另一处的另一场对话
What would that cost?
那又要多少钱
How would you judge a man you could buy
一个见面五分钟就可以收买♥♥的人
within five minutes of meeting him?
您怎么评价
I wouldn't trust him for a second.
我一秒钟都不会信他
Well, then, we are face to face
如此我们就达成了
with paradox.
带着矛盾的共识
Consider me an admirer, Mr. Thompson.
我崇拜您 汤普森先生
Ordinary men avoid trouble.
常人会躲着麻烦走
Extraordinary men turn it to their advantage.
精英会将麻烦转化为优势
You and I have that in common.
这一点上我们是一致的
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Would you do me the favor
能不能帮我个忙
of waiting till Mr. Remus leaves
等雷穆斯先生离开之后
and then exit by that door?
从那扇门出去
Thank you.
谢谢您
Oh, and regards to Mr. Rothstein. I believe you're seeing him later.
代我问候罗斯坦先生 相信您一会就会去见他
Come in.
请进
Am I interrupting?
打扰您了吗
Why would I say "Come in" If you were?
那我还说什么"请进"
You tried to tell me something the other day.
那天您想告诉我一些事
I'm afraid I wasn't very receptive.
恐怕我当时不够礼貌
And?
然后呢
And it's been bothering me.
这件事一直困扰着我
I've looked in on Mrs. Shearer.
我去看望了席勒夫人
The E. ColI case.
大肠杆菌病例
Yes, the E. ColI case.
是的 大肠杆菌病例
What's your impression?
您的印象是
She's rather a difficult person, frankly.
坦白地说 她是个很难相处的人
Perhaps she's wary of well-meaning strangers.
或许她是对怀有好意的陌生人有所警惕
Have I done something to offend you?
我冒犯过您吗
Why do you ask?
为何发问
You just might find it useful to be a bit warmer.
您态度温和些会有用得多
Because you're on the board?
因为您是董事会成员吗
I meant with people in general.
我指通常待人
How do you know how I am with people in general?
您怎么知道我通常待人态度如何
Let's say I'm forming an impression.
您给我这种印象
Perhaps your perception regarding my supposed brusqueness
或许您对于我的所谓粗鲁态度的片面见解
comes out of a sense of frustration.
是由于受挫
Whose? Mine?
谁受挫 我吗
I'm frustrated? Are you?
我受挫 不是吗
You have a maddening way.
您令人难以忍♥受
Perhaps it has something to do
或许这跟我们
with the care we offer women like Mrs. Shearer.
为席勒夫人这样的女士提供的照顾有关
Or don't. You're doing it again.
或许没有 您又这样了
Doing what? Blaming me for something.
怎样 因为什么事情责备我
What would I be blaming you for?
我有什么好责备您的呢
I haven't the slightest idea.
我完全不清楚
Then I'm really not sure what this conversation is about.
那么我就不知道我们这番对话的意义了
You gave me quite a severe lecture the other day
那天您对我说的话如同当头棒喝
and I'm here to see if there's something I might do about it.
我今天来是想知道有什么可以尽力的
I don't know what cause you have to resent me. I don't have any
我不明白您为什么厌恶我 我并没有...
Although I'm fairly certain it has to do
尽管我很清楚
with your assumption that I am rich, spoiled, and indifferent.
您一定认为我富有 骄纵 冷漠
You I'm not finished.
您 我还没说完
If you have a proposal for helping the women who come to this hospital,
如果您有帮助这家医院女性病人的提议
instead of simply a bad habit of flinging pointed barbs
而不是对您不喜欢的人夹枪带棒
at people you dislike and feeling pleased with yourself,
然后自觉优越
then I would very much like to hear it.
我很乐意听取
It's a Catholic hospital.
这是一家天主教医院
You knew that when you spoke to me last time.
上次您跟我说话时也很清楚这一点
How do you propose to persuade Dr. Landau?
您打算怎样说服兰道医生
I don't propose to persuade him at all.
我根本没有打算说服他
May I ask exactly what You may not.
我可否问问究竟... 不可以
Anything else?
讲完了吗
Yes. Please refrain from smoking that pipe or buy better tobacco.
没有 请您不要再抽烟斗或者买♥♥点儿好烟草
Whatever you stuff in there is appalling.
您抽的东西令人发指
We filled up. What are we hanging around for?
油加满了 还等什么
I run a tight operation, Eli.
我做事自有一套 伊莱
I don't need any guff from the fellas that work for me.
不需要手下人之言
I don't work for you.
我不是你手下
I hear there are opportunities out west.
听说西部机遇很多
Hop a rail. Godspeed.
坐火车去吧 祝你成功
Look, I just want to go home, see June and the kids.
听着 我只想回家见琼和孩子们
That you will, after we do this.
会见到的 办完这事
You kept me waiting, Victor.
你让我好等 维克多
I have a town to patrol.
我有镇子要巡视
Those Methodists keeping you up at night?
卫理会吵得你睡不着吗
I find trouble around here comes from the outside.
我发现这里的麻烦都来自镇外
Well, we got a convoy coming through tomorrow night.
明晚我们要运一批货
We don't want no trouble neither.
我们也不想找麻烦
The other half?
另一半呢
With the convoy, same as always.
货到付款 跟往常一样
You know Nucky's good for it.
你知道努基的信誉
Tank yourselves up and head on through.
加足油赶紧走
I don't want to see any of your boys lounge around Main,
我不想看见你的小弟在大路边晃
near the beaches, or the coast road.
海滩和海边公路也不行
You head on through.
径直往前走
What if they need to pray?
如果他们需要祈祷呢
Something on your mind?
你有事吗
You don't remember me?
不记得我了吗
You were up and down this shore 10 years ago
十年前你还在海边瞎转悠
looking for any job with a badge.
找机会当警♥察♥
Well, I found one.
我找到了
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表