剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
Boys! John!
小子们 约翰
You want coffee?
喝咖啡吗
I had espresso at home.
在家刚喝过
Look at this place.
瞧瞧这地方
You believe the stink?
这么臭 能相信吗
It's where the meat comes from.
这样才有肉吃
O'Banion.
奥巴尼恩
Dean, how you been? John.
迪恩 你怎么样 约翰
You know Hymie Weiss.
你认得犹太佬维斯吧
Good to see you.
很荣幸
There's a new face.
这里有张新面孔
He's my muscle.
我的打手
What's in the case?
箱子里是什么
Tell him, George.
告诉他 乔治
Irons. Yeah.
熨斗 对
Press you out nice and flat.
熨得又平又帖
Where you from?
你是哪里人
Me? Cicero.
我吗 西塞罗
So this Joe Miller business--
乔·米勒的事
I've been very well behaved.
我可是很讲道理
Cooled my heels waiting for you I was over in Naples.
等你等得脚都麻了 我当时在那不勒斯
Different world, Deanie. Meanwhile
截然不同的世界 迪恩尼 然而...
People there-- very gracious with each other.
那边的人彼此间相当慷慨
You know why? All due respect
知道为什么吗 无意冒犯...
Because they understand life is short.
因为他们懂得人生短暂
Threats? Really?
威胁我 真的吗
You show up after months and you got the gall--
你几个月不出现 一来就...
Hey! John's talking.
约翰还没说完
He took a fucking barstool to Joe Miller's head.
他用酒吧高脚凳砸乔·米勒的脑袋
Standing in our speak like you own the fuckin' joint.
以为这是你的地盘吗 不怕风大闪了舌头
This is how you settle a beef... Yeah.
你们就这么了事 对
when I'm the one who kept my word, huh?
我可是言而有信
Pompeii. What?
庞贝 什么
Pom-peii. You heard of it?
庞贝 听说过吗
The town was buried in 79 A.D.
古城于公元七十九年被埋葬
These poor fuckin' souls--
那些可怜的人
for generations they're next to this mountain.
祖祖辈辈居住在山脚下
They got no idea it's actually a volcano.
完全不知道那是一座火山
One day, they're going about their affairs and boom!
有一天大家照常生活 一声巨响
The lava. Covers everything.
火山岩浆覆盖了一切
Not even time to run.
甚至没有时间逃走
Right.
对
They're still there-- hundreds of them,
他们还在那里 数百人
frozen, like statues.
凝固在那里 就像雕像
One fella-- a blacksmith or something--
有一个人 铁匠什么的
still got the hammer in his hand.
手里还握着锤子
He died doing what?
他死的时候在做什么
Banging on some tin for a few shekels
为了几个舍客勒做锡器
or whatever they used.
或者是别的什么钱币
And losing that money--
他怕失去这份钱
he was more afraid of that
甚至远甚于
than losing his life.
害怕失去生命
So Joe Miller.
那么乔·米勒呢
Al here's gonna work something out.
这件事阿尔来处理
I came here to settle with you.
我是来找你谈的
Well, there's your mistake, Deanie.
那就是你的错误了 迪恩尼
'Cause the person to talk to was Al.
因为你该找的人是阿尔
The past is for suckers, right?
失败者才纠结于过去 不是吗
Depends what happens in the future.
取决于未来如何发展
John said to talk, so let's talk.
约翰说谈 我们就谈
Let's have a look at you.
让我来瞧瞧你
You're quite serious about this.
你很认真嘛
It's wise to be.
认真是明智之举
There's more blood spilled at horse fairs than anywhere else.
马场上的事故比别处都多
Did you have one in Coleraine? Oh, aye.
你在科尔雷恩有小马吗 有的
Great gas of a day.
那可是好日子
Yeah, my dad put on his best,
我爸爸会穿上最好的衣服
strolled down the high street like a grand man,
趾高气扬地走在大路上
jiggling the coins in his pocket.
口袋里的钱币叮当作响
What did he do?
他是做什么的
He was only a clerk for the ironmongers,
五金商店里的会计
but he-- he had a certain air.
可是他就有那样一种派头
You had to admire it.
你不得不佩服
And a shilling for me to spend as I liked.
给我一先令 随便花
Licorice rope.
甘草绳
Fry's Chocolate Cream.
弗莱奶油巧克力
What of yourself?
你呢
We had a Welsh Cob for plowing.
我们有一匹威尔士柯伯犁马
I'd ride him when I could.
我有机会就骑
Till my father drank him away.
直到爸爸卖♥♥了他换酒
I did so love the fair, though.
我还喜欢集市
People from miles around--
几里内的人都会来
old bachelors down from the hills,
南边山里的老单身汉
tinkers on the road,
路上的补锅匠
dancing and songs coming out from the pubs.
小酒馆里传来歌♥舞声
Bit of life to the world, wasn't it?
给世界注入了些生机 不是吗
We'd sneak away and wander.
我们会偷偷溜出来闲逛
And my brother Eamonn...
我哥哥埃蒙
What? What of him?
怎么 他怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
He'd walk behind someone--
他会溜到人家背后
ahem, a fat man, or bandy-legs,
通常是个胖家伙 或是跛脚
and imitate him when he couldn't see.
然后模仿他们的一举一动
All I could do to keep from falling in the mud laughing.
我只能强忍♥着不要笑得失态
So you approve?
那么你同意咯
Of Kip here? Aye.
奇普么 是的
Seems right enough.
已经不错了
Well, folks?
怎么样
Take him around the paddock, see what he's like.
带它去牧场遛遛 看看怎么样
The lady wants some time to think it over.
这位女士还需要点时间考虑
Can't see a thing.
什么都看不见
In the theater, you know there's an audience out there.
通常在剧院里 台下会有观众
Maybe you think you're too good for the movies.
也许你觉得自己拍电影委屈了
Why would I think that?
我怎么会这么想
Something I've noticed with you stage types.
从你的台风看出来的
Oh, I don't think
我可没觉得
I'm too good for anything.
自己有什么委屈的
I mean, I love 'em.
我热爱这一切
What do you love about them?
你为什么热爱
I don't know.
我不知道
Sit in the dark,
坐在黑暗里
stare up into the screen,
盯着大荧幕
forget who you are for a while.
暂时忘记了自我
Most people say "Where you are."
多数人说"在哪"
Pardon?
什么意思
You said "Forget who you are."
你说"忘了自我"
Is that what you're trying to do?
这是你想努力做到的吗
Aren't we all?
我们不都如此吗
Turn left.
向左转
And right.
右转
Look up.
向上看
Holy thoughts.
虔诚的期盼
Okay, let's see how the camera likes you.
好 来看下你是否上镜
You wanna do that?
你想试镜吗
Why else would anyone schlep out to Queens?
不然来皇后剧院干嘛
Sassy.
古灵精怪
You know Gil Longacre?
你认识吉尔·朗埃克吗
I did "Full Steam Ahead" with Mr. King at Lasky.
我和金先生在拉斯基合演过《全速前进》
Freighter, stowaway, Chinaman with a hatchet,
承运人 偷渡者 拿着短柄小斧的中国佬
a monkey, and a girl.
一只猴子 一个女孩儿
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表