剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你
Are you from Atlantic City?
你是本地人吗
Evansville, Indiana.
不是 印第安纳州埃文斯维尔
Here just looking for work.
来这找工作的
What's your name? Roger.
你叫什么 罗杰
Roger McAllister.
罗杰·麦卡利斯特
Do you ever dream, Roger?
你做过梦吗 罗杰
Well, sure.
有啊
I mean, who doesn't, right?
谁都做过吧
It's wonderful, isn't it?
梦境真奇妙
A world where we're safe and happy,
我们永远都是安全快乐的
surrounded by those we love.
周围全是爱我们的人
Uh, yeah.
是啊
I mean, I-- I guess.
应该 是吧
Dreams are where we should live.
我们就该活在梦里
But we have to live in life.
可惜这才是现实的世界
I know it's not proper to talk to strange men.
这么跟陌生人说话真不礼貌
No, no.
没有 没有
You remind me of someone.
你看着很眼熟
Good night, Esther. Good night.
晚安 埃斯特 晚安
You know, haul me in there another hundred thousand times,
你再在这里起诉我几万次
you might actually put a dent in my bankroll.
我的户头上也少不了多少钱
I only enforce the law. I don't set the fines.
我只捍卫法律 罚金由法官定
It was a joke.
我是开玩笑的
Seeing you in handcuffs already had me in stitches.
看你戴上手铐够抚平我的创伤了
I'm guessing you don't have a lot to laugh about these days.
你最近一定过得不太开心吧
Heading home?
回家吗
Why would a man like you ask me a question like that?
你这种人怎么会问我这问题
It's nearly 5:00 A.M., I'm hungry,
早上五点了 我饿了
and I hate to eat alone.
而且不想一个人吃
Whatever it is, you have to admit,
不管怎么说 你必须承认
it's probably going to be interesting.
跟我吃饭很有意思的
I thought you were hungry.
你不是说你饿了吗
I'm fine with coffee.
喝咖啡就能饱了
But you go ahead.
你尽管吃
You look like you need it.
你好像饿坏了
You see yourself as some sort of paterfamilias, don't you?
你觉得自己是族长 是吗
I didn't go to law school.
我不懂法律
What does that mean?
那是什么意思
The patriarch, the provider, the boss.
元老 教父 老大
Well, I was county treasurer,
我是做过郡司库
but those days are gone.
但早就离职了
"Where are the snows of yesteryear?"
"去年的雪 去向何方"
You've got a poetic side.
你还挺有诗意的
Yes, I'm all lace and potpourri.
女人就该这么多面
You know, we do have a common enemy.
我们有共同的敌人的
Surprise me. Harry Daugherty.
让我惊喜一下 哈利·达赫提
I assure you, the attorney general and I get on quite well.
司法部长和我的关系一直很好
The Queen of the Night Court--
午夜法庭女王
scourge of the saloonkeeper.
沙龙保镖杀手
It's an honest living.
我现在干的也是正当活计
But not what you had in mind when you accepted a position
但当初你进司法部长办公室时
with the attorney general's office.
肯定不想干这个
I finally got you convicted.
我不是把你送上法庭了吗
I don't think either of us
但刚才
will see that as our finest hour.
咱们两个都不好受吧
Is there a particular point you're trying to make?
你是想说明什么吗
Your boss is going to indict me
你的老板要揭发我
to save his own skin.
来保住自己
I'll root for the home team, then. Which team is that?
那我就支持自己人 谁是自己人
The one that set you up for a fall in Atlantic City
把你送到大西洋城 眼看你栽跟头
and then blamed you for bungling it?
最后又怪你搞砸了的人吗
Worked out pretty well for you.
这不是把你起诉了吗
But you had me on the ropes, Esther.
你的确有我的把柄
And if you don't think I was sweating,
你要是看不出我紧张了
you're selling yourself short. I'm... flattered?
那才怪了呢 谢谢...你的夸奖
And here you are now with a 20 cent breakfast,
但你还是坐在这吃着二十美分的早餐
intelligent, capable, and invisible.
有智慧 有能力 却不被赏识
Is this where Eve gets offered the apple?
你是要给我吃苹果诱惑我吗
It's where I offer you George Remus.
我是要给你乔治·雷穆斯
He I know who George Remus is.
他 我知道是谁
Don't you think he belongs in jail? Instead of you?
不该把他关进来吗 关进来顶你吗
He's the biggest bootlegger in the country.
他是国内最大的酒贩
And I can give you his entire operation.
他的所有生意我都揭露给你
He's directly connected to Jess Smith.
他还直接和杰西·史密斯来往
And Smith connects to Daugherty.
史密斯又能牵扯到达赫提
Who, for that reason, would never allow Remus to be prosecuted.
而达赫提肯定不会允许起诉雷穆斯的
But if the whole ball of wax
但是如果有更高层的人
was sanctioned by a higher authority,
认可了这件事
someone winds up with a career-making case.
这就是个大案子了
I'm $5 worth of trouble, Esther.
我只值五美元 埃斯特
The real crooks are in an upstairs office
大鱼就在楼上
in the Justice Department.
坐在司法部里面
That's quite an allegation.
这起诉可不简单
I'm just telling you what you already know.
反正我说的你都知道
President Harding would never force Mr. Daugherty's hand.
哈丁总统不会逼达赫提的
Unless someone made him. Such as?
除非有人逼他 比如说
I'm working on it.
这个我来找
Can we at least say that I've piqued your interest?
今天能算是勾起你的好奇心了吗
What makes you think that?
为什么这么说
You're still sitting here.
你不是没走吗
Maybe I'm just hungry.
可能我只是饿了
Here's a chance to fill your plate.
我不是给你上菜了吗
Say hello to Mrs. Thompson for me.
替我向汤普森太太问好
That's it. That's it, baby.
好样的 好样的 宝贝
That's it.
就这样
Come on, baby.
用力啊
My God,
天啊
you've taken me back
你让我
to the way I used to feel.
恢复青春了
Are you really 29?
你真的二十九岁了吗
Does it matter? Ain't never made a girl older than me.
这个重要吗 我从来没上过比自己大的
But, hell, none of them make me dizzy like you make me dizzy.
但她们都没有你让我神魂颠倒
You're a gentlemen above all else.
你毕竟是位绅士
Shoot.
该死
How long have you been at this boardinghouse?
你在这里待多久了
A week on Friday. Then what?
从上周五开始 然后呢
Just about bust.
破产
I can't afford another day.
我连一天也租不起了
Unless you get a job. Yeah.
除非你找到工作 是的
You-- you got a line on something?
你有办法么
I can ask around.
我可以问问
That'd be swell.
那太好了
What do they call you back home?
你家乡的人管你叫什么
How do you mean?
什么意思
You have a nickname?
你有外号♥么
No, but-- it's just plain Roger.
没有 就是罗杰
Well, I'm going to call you James. James.
我打算管你叫詹姆斯 詹姆斯
Why James?
为什么叫詹姆斯
Because he was a king.
这是国王的名字
Arkansas.
阿肯色州
Little Rock.
小石城
Colorado. You skipped one.
科罗拉多州 你跳过一个
California.
加利福尼亚州
What is the capital of California?
加州首府是哪里
Sacramento.
萨克拉门托
You're quite remarkable.
你真棒
Finish your breakfast.
把早餐吃掉
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表