剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
Mr. Luciano and I differ on how the club should be run.
卢西亚诺先生在运作上和我有点异议
Then you have to resolve that.
那你就和他商量吧
This place, Leander...
利安德 这地方
it's meant to be a dream.
应该是一个梦幻之地
Every man who walks inside is young and handsome.
来的人都是年轻英俊之才
Every girl is innocent,
这里的女孩单纯
trusting, and devoted.
守信 忠诚
The light is flattering, the air is perfumed,
光线柔和 空气芬香
and nothing ever changes.
一如既往
Who doesn't need to believe that?
谁不想沉醉在这里呢
Just for a little while?
美梦一刻值千金
We've been through this, Gillian.
吉莉安 我们已经讨论过了
There's the house for collateral. You don't own the house.
这房♥子可以抵押 这房♥子不是你的
My son does. Tommy is not your son.
是我儿子的 汤米不是你儿子
And in any case, he doesn't own it either.
总之 这房♥子也不是汤米的
It's in James's name. That's who I'm talking about.
房♥子是詹姆斯的 他就是我儿子
Well, then, before anything else,
首先
the process of having him declared dead--
宣布他的死亡...
I really don't see the point. If you refuse to acknowledge
我不明白你想说什么 如果你不承认
He's prone to long disappearances.
他可能只是失踪了
He's always been an adventurous boy.
他一向喜欢探险
Gillian!
吉莉安
Until James is declared dead,
只有詹姆斯确定死亡
you have no ownership.
这房♥子才是你的
You have no title. You have no credit.
你没有所有权 就不能贷款
And you're wasting an old man's time.
你在浪费一个老人的时间
What do you think? Better.
你觉得如何 好多了
But, "Do you wish for greater knowledge?"
不过 "你想学更多的知识吗"
Well, don't you?
你不想吗
It sounds vaguely mystical.
听起来很含糊
I can hardly write, "Come discuss your vagina."
我不能写"来讨论你的阴♥道♥"
Couldn't you put a picture on it somewhere?
你可以印个图片在上面
Kittens, maybe.
小猫就不错
Hello again.
又见到你了
Ladies.
女士们好
Philip didn't let you in? Mr. Thompson used his key.
菲利普怎么没通报 汤普森先生开的门
Would you excuse me?
失陪一会儿
Well, Mr. Sleater, do you wish for greater knowledge?
斯雷特先生 你想学更多的知识吗
You can take your hat off. I'm not staying.
把帽子摘了吧 我一会儿就走
Actually, I have business out of town for a few days.
我要去外地出差几天
You needn't have come to tell me that.
你不必专程跑来告诉我
Just wanted to make sure everything's all right.
我只想回来看看 好放心
What's going on? Nothing.
怎么了 没什么
Then what is it you're making sure about?
那有什么不放心的
That my family is safe. Can't I do that?
不放心我家人的安全 可以吗
Are there to be bodyguards again?
又要安排保镖吗
Don't give me that look, please.
别用那样的眼神看着我 拜托
What look? The one that says you know what I'm thinking.
什么眼神 看穿我的思想
The state of my soul. What I had for breakfast.
看穿我的灵魂 甚至知道我早餐吃的什么
I'm fairly certain what you had for breakfast.
我知道你早餐吃的什么
The rest I wouldn't dare speculate about.
其他的我根本不敢揣测
Will you answer my question?
回答我的问题好吗
It's just a precaution. There's no cause for concern.
只是预防措施 没必要担忧
And it makes me feel better. Where are the children?
这样我心理也安稳些 孩子们呢
Out with Lillian.
跟莉莲出去了
Is that dangerous?
会有危险吗
No. I just thought I'd--
不会 我只是觉得...
anyway, I bought them each a copy
不管它 两个孩子一人一本
so there's no fighting.
免得他们打架
What was that about?
怎么回事
He worries sometimes.
他有时候会焦虑
He couldn't figure it out either.
他也猜不出意思
What?
什么
The committee calls Treasury Secretary
委员会传讯财务部长
Mr. Andrew W. Mellon.
安德鲁·W·梅隆先生
I am ready.
我准备好了
Thank you for taking the time to come here today, Secretary Mellon.
感谢您百忙之中前来 梅隆部长
I assume there is something you wanted to ask me.
我想你们是有话要问我
Indeed there is.
的确如此
Could you speak to the committee
请您对委员会陈述
concerning your views on the state of Prohibition at this time?
您对禁酒令当前状况的看法
My views on that subject are well known.
我的看法众所皆知
Nonetheless, could you summarize, Mr. Secretary?
尽管如此 请您做总结性陈述 部长先生
Setting aside my own personal view
先不谈我个人对迎合少数人需求
as to the questionable wisdom of pandering to the demands of a minority,
这种行为是否理智的存疑
I believe I have been quite clear that the cost
我相信我已经清晰地计算出
of effectively policing this act would be somewhere in the amount
维持这一法令有效实行的费用
of 28 millions of dollars per annum...
在每年两千八百万美元左右
approximately five times what Congress has seen fit to authorize.
几乎是国会此前认定可接受的金额的五倍
Would you not consider that, sir, throwing good money after bad?
先生 您是否认为这是在花钱打水漂
That is a question that would have been better asked
这个问题应当在一九一九年
before the amendment was voted on in 1919.
修正案投票之前提出来
May I remind my fellow senators
请允许我提醒各位参议员同僚
that the focus of these hearings is not enforcement,
本次听证会的目的在于执行
but prosecution?
而非强制
In that case,
如果是这样
you are speaking to the wrong man.
你们找错人了
Oh, we fully intend to call Attorney General Daugherty
本委员会有意传讯
before this committee.
总检察长达赫提
But what we're seeking today is a sense of to what degree
我们今天想要搞清楚的是
the efforts by your bureau may or may not
您的部门在何种程度上
be undermined by the Department of Justice.
是否受到司法部的阻挠
You have been presented with tables
我提供了一份数据材料
laying out the number of arrests versus the number of convictions?
里面列出了逮捕人数和最终定罪人数的对比
Yes, we have it right here.
是的 材料就在这里
Then you are free to draw your own conclusions.
那么你们可以自己得出结论
I don't see what all this pussyfooting is for.
在这里大费周章搞什么名堂
Mr. Mellon, are we talking about gross incompetence
梅隆先生 您在暗示司法部内部
inside the Justice Department or widespread corruption?
普遍不作为 大范围腐♥败♥吗
It is my experience that human nature leaves ample room for both.
我的经验是 人性使得这两者容易滋生
Excuse me.
抱歉
I believe your left shoelace is in a state of dishabille.
恐怕您的左脚鞋带有点问题
Now Mellon is in there talking to them.
梅隆正在里面跟他们谈话
I ascertained that already, Harvey.
这一点我早就查实了 哈维
But what is he talking about?
他都说了些什么
Your boss's dirty hands.
您上司的贪赃舞弊
Hold it! Can we stop?
停 停下停下
Iron out the steps there, Vern. Yup.
这里的舞步重排 弗恩 好
By the piano, please. Move by the piano.
请到钢琴边上去 钢琴边上
It is not you. It is not you.
不是你的错 不是你
Gonna go from right before the dip. Okay.
点前先向右 好的
You're leaning in here. Going primp out,
这边靠过来 打开
into the dip, stay over the left leg.
转过来 停在左腿上
Look at me, darling. Much better that way.
看着我 亲爱的 这样好多了
Here, let's go into the next section.
来吧 我们来下一幕
Please pay attention. Left foot coming down the hill.
请注意 左脚下山
Here it goes five, six, seven.
开始 五 六 七
Round two, and...
第二圈
Pardon me.
抱歉
But would you mind waking me up if something happens?
有事的话叫醒我好吗
Isn't it supposed to be a comedy?
这不是喜剧吗
Well, I thought I'd put something in.
我本想加个动作
What are you going to tell Shubert?
你打算怎么跟舒伯特说
That I've seen worse.
我见过更糟的场面
Although that usually involves a funeral.
虽然更糟的就是葬礼了
What about Billie? It's not her fault.
贝莉怎么样 不是她的错
She puts it over in spades.
她相当出色
But when they decided to call it "The Naughty Virgin,"
可是他们定下剧名《风流处♥女♥》的时候
I don't think they had the male lead in mind.
肯定没把男主角考虑进去
What about the other one?
另一个呢
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表