I know. It's awesome.
我知道 这很棒
You don't sound awesome.
你的语气并非如此
It's...
没
it's nothing, really.
真的没什么事
It should be nothing, but it's something.
的确没什么事 但是你心里有事
You'll tell me when you're ready.
你想告诉我时 可以和我说
Oh. Hey, uh...
哦 嘿
Pardon the interruption.
抱歉打断你们
I just wanted to give our superstar a little gift.
我只是想给我们的大明星一点小礼物
Pineapple pizza?
菠萝口味的披萨
You had to be there. Got it.
你得走了 知道了
Well, I got to go get ready for the roll call.
我必须准备点名去了
See you, pal.
回见 兄弟
There you go.
接着
He's right, you know.
你知道的 他说得没错
Something is bugging you.
你心里有事
Oh, you heard that?
哦 你听到了
And I think I got a pretty good idea what it is.
我想我大概知道你在困扰什么
You love the results, uh, just not too keen
你对结果满意
on how we got there.
只是不太享受这个过程
I'm just not so sure that I can
我只是不确定我还能干下去
do this job if I have to lie
如果每次办案
every time to get the job done.
都要以谎言为代价
So don't.
那就不要说谎
But you said... That's me.
但你说过... 那是我
I mean, that's my way.
我的意思是 那是我的处事风格
Keep in mind, I've been doing this a long time.
记好了 我♥干♥这行很久了
I'm old school.
我是一个老派的人
I-I found a tool
我 我发现了一种适合我的手段
that works for me, so I use it.
我就这么干了
But it really works.
但这的确起作用了
It sure does, but that doesn't mean
这当然有用 但这并不说明
it's the only thing that works.
这是唯一有效的手段
You're young, learn from everyone. Be a sponge.
你还年轻 多向他人学习 学无止境
I'm no Dick Tracy.
我不是狄克·崔西
I'm one guy with one tool.
我习惯了单一的处事风格
You've got plenty of room for lots of tools
但你还有很多成长空间
on your tool belt.
去学习不同的办事方法
Well, thanks.
好的 谢谢
Thanks, Anthony.
谢谢你 安东尼
He's here.
他到了
Have a seat.
请坐
Not that one.
不是那个座位
That one.
坐那儿
You're a smart guy, one of our best and brightest.
你是个聪明人 是最有能力也最有前途的警♥察♥之一
Maybe someday you'll end up in that chair.
也许有一天你会坐上那把椅子
How's it feel?
感觉怎么样
It's uncomfortable.
不舒服
Sounds about right.
没错
I got this, uh...
我有件 怎么说好呢
bear of an issue I'm wrestling with,
算是件争议事件吧
one I can't find a resolution to.
我有些束手无策
So, you're the commissioner now.
那么 现在你是局长了
Tell me what you would do.
告诉我你会怎么做
Do with what, sir?
做什么 局长
Well, there's a file in front of you.
你面前有一份文件
The name and the photos have been blacked out
为了保护文件中的这个人
to protect this individual but somehow,
他的名字和照片都被抹去
I think you'll get the gist.
但是我想你可以明白个大概
What that file doesn't say
这份文件上没有写的是
is this stickup kid
这位持枪抢劫的少年
goes on to turn his life around
扭转了他的命运
and pursue his dream
而且实现了他的梦想
of becoming a decorated NYPD cop.
成为一名受过表彰的纽约警♥察♥局警♥察♥
If I may explain, sir...
局长 请允许我解释...
You're the commissioner now, you don't have to explain.
你现在是局长 你不需要解释
You have to decide...
你需要决定...
what's going to happen to him.
这位警♥察♥的命运
I don't know.
我不知道
Not an option. Not from where you sit.
这不是选项 至少你所处之位不能这么说
But I don't know, sir.
但我真的不知道怎么办 局长
You can't plead the Fifth, you can't pass the buck,
你不能滥用权力 不能推卸责任
you can't buy a vowel.
也不能搬救兵
Should he stay or should he go?
他是去是留
He should go.
他应该离职
Why?
理由呢
Because the NYPD doesn't hire felons.
因为纽约警♥察♥局不聘用重罪犯
On top of that, he lied to get the job.
更重要的是 他利用谎言当上警♥察♥
And he maintained that lie for 20 years.
这谎一说就是二十年
What about the fact that for those 20 years,
如果这位警♥察♥在这二十年里
he served as the gold standard
为纽约警♥察♥局的警♥察♥
for what an NYPD cop should be?
树立了一个绝对榜样
Doesn't matter.
这些并不重要
He's a felon.
也改变不了他是个重罪犯的事实
He's got to go.
他必须离职
You know...
你知道吗
I don't think you'd make a good commissioner after all.
我不认为你可以成为一个优秀的局长
But a cop like that...
但作为一名警♥察♥
I'm keeping him.
我会留住他
Commissioner, I don't know how to thank you enough.
局长 我不知道应该怎么感谢你才好
Now get out of my chair.
现在离开我的位子
And you owe me 20 bucks.
你还欠我20美金
For what?
为什么
Our bet.
我们的赌约
You said he'd call me.
你说过老爸会打电♥话♥给我
Call you about what?
为什么要打电♥话♥给他
See there? Pay up.
看到了吗 给钱
You didn't call him after the shooting
你难道没在加油站枪击事件后
at the gas station? Was I supposed to?
打电♥话♥给他吗 我应该打电♥话♥给他吗
That was my job. Mmhmm.
那是我的工作 是吗
How is it your job? As the patriarch.
怎么说是你的工作呢 我是一家之主啊
But as his father?
那他的父亲呢
Someday you'll see.
有一天你会懂的
See what? Well, more like see when.
懂什么 更确切的说是懂得什么时候
When to back off trying to suss out your kid's problems.
什么时候不应该再干涉你孩子的问题
That first time that you...
可能是第一次你想要...
go to knock on the closed bedroom door
去敲开孩子紧闭的房♥门
and something tells you "Don't."
有个声音告诉你 “别”
Like, let them handle it themselves?
像是让他们自己处理
Yeah, when it's time.
对 在恰当的时机
Well, when did you know with Mom?
那你是什么时候知道该对我妈妈放手了呢
When she was 18 and threatened me with a restraining order.
当她十八岁时候一张限制令威胁我时
I did not.
我才没威胁你呢
Practically.
差不多了
Anyway, that was your mom's duty.
不管怎样 那应该是你母亲的责任
Jameson? Jameson.
杰姆森吗 杰姆森
He was always cool, he... Hmm.
他一直都很理智 他... 可不是
like he instinctively knew
他像是生来就明白
that the more advice you harvest,
从谏如流
the better the odds are to make the right move.
方可柳暗花明
Now, I always felt the knock was welcomed.
我一直认为他会理解我的干预
And last but not least?
那最后那位呢
Uh, best for last. Sure.
我是压轴人物 好吧
Oh, that's easy.
哦 那很清楚
When your dad was eight years old,
你♥爸♥爸八岁时
he got suspended from school
他被学校停课
for... guess what.
原因是...你们猜
Fighting.
打架呗
So I go to his room, I sit him down
我走进他的房♥间 让他坐下
and I ask him what happened.
问他事情的来龙去脉
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表