Okay. Good. But I am your sergeant.
好的 没问题 但我是你的警长
I'm aware. And I respect your judgment.
我知道 我尊重你的判断力
Well, my judgment says I gotta work this case.
我的判断告诉我必须跟进这个案子
"Gotta"? Why? Do you have
必须吗 为什么 你是否知道
any idea how many times I've walked home
有多少次我得喝了两杯酒后
late at night alone, couple of drinks in me?
才能鼓起勇气 独自一人走回家
How many time I've thought maybe this is it,
有多少次我认为自己大限将至
tonight's the night I become the victim?
今晚我会成为一名受害者
So you make yourself a victim?
所以你把自己想象成受害者吗
The answer is: no, you don't know.
看来回答是否定的 你根本不理解
I don't see why
我不明白为什么
you should hang yourself out there
你要把自己变成待宰的羔羊
like a piece of bait for some creep.
拱手相送给某个嫌犯
Of course you don't, because you've never been afraid
你当然不明白 因为你从来没有因独自一人
to walk home alone at night. You have no idea
走回家而感到害怕 你根本不明白
what that feels like. I'm not saying I do.
那是种什么感觉 我没说我明白
Well, then...
那就
respectfully, back off.
尊重我的决定 别插手
All right. Fine.
好吧 很好
You know what, you do whatever you want.
你猜怎么着 随便你怎么样
You know, you could just be supportive.
要知道 你只需支持我就行
I can't be supportive of Davis.
我不可能支持戴维斯
Because I think he's reckless.
因为我认为他过于鲁莽
And I've been clocking his work
自从他来到分局
since before you came to the precinct.
我一直注意着他的工作
Okay, so you're afraid for me,
好吧 你是担心我
so now you're gonna blame it on Davis?
所以你要把锅扔给戴维斯吗
No. That's not it.
不 我不是这意思
You're better than this.
你最好有更好的解释
And you're smarter than this.
你应该更聪明一点
You know, I'm gonna sleep at mine tonight.
好吧 我今晚回自己家睡
Thanks for dinner.
谢谢你的午餐
Not five minutes after the lights go out,
断电后不到5分钟
my cell goes off-- restricted caller, it says.
我电♥话♥就爆♥炸♥了 准确的说是给我打电♥话♥的人太多了
I never pick those up.
我一个都没接
Well, neither do I, but it's a blackout.
我也是 但是断电了
What am I supposed to do?
我要怎么办
It's the mayor.
是市长
Exactly. And she's got, like, this shopping list
没错 她有一个像购物清单一样的单子
of blocks where she wants extra manpower.
上面列着她希望额外加派人手的街区
And it's the mayor-- you can't exactly...
就算是市长 你也没必要...
Exactly. So I say, "Thank you, Madam Mayor.
没错 所以我说 "谢谢您 市长女士"
I'll get right on it."
我马上去办
I mean, what else could I do?
我还能怎么办
She says, "Jump," You say, "How high?"
她说 "跳下去" 你说"多高"
And if I say, "No, this has to go
要是我说 "不行 这得
through the PC," What am I doing?
得到局长同意" 我这么做的后果是什么
Throwing the PC into the wood chipper.
把局长往火坑里面推
Exactly.
没错
Except that the blocks around the Vladeck Houses...
除了弗斯特公有住房♥区附近的街区
Yes.
没错
That's the problem.
这就是问题所在
It's all a problem, Sid.
其实就一个问题 希德
But what am I gonna do, tell the mayor
难不成我要告诉市长
that there's these Dollar Stores and bodegas
那些一元店和酒店
that take precedent over her donors and her cronies?
比她的资助者和挚友更为重要
I mean, we all serve
我是说 我们都
at the pleasure of the mayor, am I right?
要看市长脸色 不是吗
Pretty much.
没错
Plus, I'm saving the boss this headache.
再说了 我也给老大解决了大难题
You did the right thing, Vinny.
你做的没错 文尼
Under the circumstances.
在那种情况下
You got my back on this, right?
你这次支持我 对吗
I got your back, Vinny.
我支持你 文尼
And he's nothing if not fair.
局长他守正不阿
How many blocks?
有多少街区
Just a few.
就一点
What's a few?
一点是多少
Ten, 13.
10个 13个
Which is it?
哪一个
Maybe 15.
可能是15个
So, you left one of the most dangerous housing projects
所以 你让这座城市里最危险的住♥宅♥计划区之一
in this city totally unsupervised.
处于完全无人监管的状态下
Not totally, sir.
并不是完全 长官
But definitely undermanned.
但肯定是人员不足
Yes. Definitely.
对 的确是这样
Regrettably.
很抱歉
Yes. But it was the mayor.
嗯 但这是因为市长
My thought process, sir, if I may?
能说说我的想法吗 长官
It was either me taking the heat
这件事情要么我自己扛下来
or kicking it up to you and handing you the headache,
要么我把事情交给您 让您头疼
and I think I made the right choice.
我觉得我做了正确的抉择
You think?
你觉得吗
I hope.
我希望是这样
So you think it's your job
所以你认为你的工作
to step out of the chain of command,
是跳出行政指挥系统
break protocol, in order to save me from a headache?
打破规定 就为了让我不头疼吗
Well, no, you put it that way.
不是 这是您的理解
You got another way to put it?
你有其他理解方式吗
We all serve at the pleasure of the mayor.
我们都得看市长的脸色工作
Well, you got that wrong.
好吧 你想错了
I serve at the pleasure of the mayor.
我得看市长脸色工作
You serve under my command.
你要听我的命令
And we both serve all the people of this city,
而我们都是在为这座城市的人♥民♥服务
not just the ones with a hook at City Hall.
而不是在市政厅有关系的人
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
That's all.
散会
Boss, he-he was in a tough spot.
老大 他 他也很为难
You know? And it was the mayor.
要知道 那可是市长啊
It was not like a favor he could call the chips in.
不像是那种普通的要求
Good intentions are not in the mix here, Sid.
好意不能在混为一谈 希德
He's a great cop.
他是个好警♥察♥
Maybe by reputation; certainly not by this fiasco.
在声望上或许是 但这次的失败绝对不是
Okay. Suppose the president calls you directly
好吧 要是总统直接要求你
and asks you for a favor, you gonna do it?
让你帮忙 你会帮吗
If I can. Well, that's all Vinny did.
能帮就帮 那就是文尼所做的事情啊
But only if it is in bounds.
只有分内的事情可以
All right. I know you'd like to think that.
好吧 我就知道你会那么想
What's that mean?
什么意思
Actually, I take it back. You can think that way,
实际上 我收回刚刚那句话 你可以那么想
'cause you'd probably get away with it.
反正你也可能侥幸逃脱
I don't try to get away with stuff, Sid.
我没想过要侥幸逃脱 希德
Makes life simpler.
让生活更简单一些
Apples and oranges, though.
但是风马牛不相及啊
Except you're the one apple,
除了你是那匹马
and the rest of us are oranges.
而我们剩下的人是那些牛
Apples and oranges.
风马牛不相及
Boss, I've watched you up close for years.
老大 我和你近距离接触好多年了
You've got something the rest of us don't.
你有一些我们所没有的特质
You could stand up to the ranks above you,
你可以抵抗比你阶级更高的人
and it's like you got a Teflon suit over a Kevlar vest,
就像你穿了特氟龙防弹衣而不是普通防弹衣
and your dirty looks are actual flamethrowers.
而你那轻蔑地眼神就像能喷火一般
What exactly are you trying to say?
你到底想说什么
Boss, I'm just saying, walk in his shoes,
老大 我是想说 在他的角度
walk in mine-- it's different.
在我的角度 事情是不一样的
Inform Chief Russo of his termination.
告诉卢素局长 他的职业生涯结束了
Hey, Sarge, pass the rolls.
嘿 警长 递一下面包卷
Hello?
嘿
Sarge?
警长大人
Who? What?
谁 怎么啦
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表