The detective was being interviewed
那个警探可是在和
by the police commissioner.
警♥察♥局长谈话
Pretty must defines the term "On his best behavior."
当然得拿出最好的表现
Good point.
有道理
Thank you for reminding me.
谢谢你提醒我
The real test is that detective's behavior
真正得考验会在
in interviewing a victim of sexual assault.
那个警探询问性骚扰受害者的时候
And your sense... is what?
所以你的建议是什么
Well, I'm not sure. I wasn't in the room.
嗯 我不知道 我并不在场 也不是当事人
But I do think that you need to follow up.
但我觉得你应该跟进这件事
You know, it's just a matter of time
你知道 很快
before Cross tries again, right?
克罗斯就会再次下手对吧
We could put a tail on him.
我们可以监听他啊
Come on, the guy's an ex-detective.
这家伙是前警探
He'd make us in a second.
他一下就会发现我们的伎俩
You know, in the old days, someone threatened the PC,
你知道 过去 如果有人威胁局长
my grandfather said they'd handle things "In-house."
我爷爷会说他们一般会"私了"
You mean give him a beating?
你说打他一顿
Got the job done. Danny,
这样就解决了 丹尼
I know this is personal for you,
我知道这是你的个人私事
but going after Cross off the books
但是背着法律法规私下里解决问题
is not the answer.
可不是个好方法啊
It's not that personal, okay?
这不是个人私事好吗
My old man can take care of himself,
我老爸说他自己能处理好
but I didn't say we should do that.
但我没说我们应该这么做
I'm just saying...
我只是说
Okay, we should do it.
好吧 我们就应该这样干了
Look, the guy's not a typical perp.
你想 这个人不是一个普通罪犯
He knows everything we know,
我们知道的一切他都知道
he's trained the way we're trained.
他受过的训练和我们一样
Not to mention knowing the PC's every move.
更不用说局长的一举一动他都清楚
Exactly.
是的
He knows the PC's every move.
他知道局长的一举一动
The public ones, that's easy to find out.
明面上 的确很好发现
But what about breakfast at a hotel in Midtown?
但是市中心酒店的早餐呢
That's confidential.
那可是机密
Only his detail and One PP brass get that schedule.
只有他的随行人员和部分高层有那个计划表
Exactly.
是的
Well, if an ex-cop knew his way around computers,
所以 如果一个前警♥察♥有办法摸到电脑
or knew someone who knew their way around computers,
或者知道有人能帮助他
they might be able to figure out
他们也许会找到办法
how to get access to that information.
得到那些信息
Hey, what do you got?
嗯 你查到了什么
I checked for a connection between Monica
我在寻找莫妮卡和这个又短又细·康罗伊
and this Prick Conroy; there isn't one.
之间的联♥系♥ 根本没有
So, why would Monica let Conroy walk?
所以 为什么莫妮卡放走了康罗伊
Because Monica had no connection
因为 虽然莫妮卡和康罗伊之间没有来往
to Conroy, but her boss did.
但是莫妮卡的上司有
You mean Chief Assistant Whitney?
你是说助理署长惠特尼
How's a guy on that salary sit courtside,
为什么一个以法庭为职场的人
behind the dugout and on the glass?
表面做一套背后里另做一套
Tickets from Conroy.
康罗伊手里的赛事票
Not just tickets, boxes.
不仅是门票 赛事
He was paving his way up.
他要为他自己的职业生涯铺平道路
I'm guessing Monica gave Conroy a pass on Whitney's orders.
我猜测 莫妮卡是按照惠特尼的指示让康罗伊走的
Why would she do that?
为什么她会这么做
Whitney's a backstabbing weasel
康罗伊是一个喜欢背后捅刀的小人
who likes to get people fired.
而且也喜欢动不动就炒了别人
Monica knew better than to cross him.
莫妮卡知道自己最好不要惹他
I hope you do, too.
我希望你也明白这一点
Conroy knows Cara Simpson changed her story.
康罗伊知道卡拉·辛普森翻供了
Why would he confess when he holds all the cards?
为什么在明知自己掌握局势走向的情况下还要认罪呢
Because we can bluff.
因为我们可以唬人
We can also fold.
我们也可以大事化小
I don't fold.
我从来不大事化小
Mr. Conroy, thank you so much for coming in.
康罗伊先生 谢谢你亲自过来
No problem. I'm not really sure
没问题 我只是不知道
why I'm here.
为什么会要我来这里
You're here because
我们之所以要你来
beating up women is against the law.
是因为殴打女性违反法律
Mr. Conroy has been charged with no such crime.
康罗伊先生并未因为此项罪名而被起诉
Not yet, but after reviewing the facts,
确实还没有 但是回顾事实
I've decided to take this case on personally.
我决定亲自处理这个案子
That's your prerogative.
这是你的特权
And as bureau chief, I have vast investigative resources.
并且作为本办公室的主任 我有极大的调查资源
Look, I-I feel terrible that I frightened Cara.
别这样 我很抱歉我吓到了卡拉
That wasn't my intention.
这不是我想要的
What was your intention?
那什么是你想要的
Don't answer that. It's okay.
不要回答 没事的
We had an argument.
我们有些争执
I lost my temper, but I did not hit her.
我发火了 但是我没有打她
So, she gave herself that black eye?
所以她打了自己一拳 给了自己一个黑眼圈是吗
We're here as a courtesy.
我们是出于礼节才来到这里
If you have something to say...
如果你要说什么
I do. Your client is a serial abuser.
我是有话要说 你的客户是一个连环施虐者
He got away with it once.
他以前逃脱了惩罚
It's not gonna happen again.
这次他跑不了了
Okay, let's slow down.
好吧 先让我们缓缓
I'm not finished.
我还没说完
Ms. Simpson
辛普森女士
has been reluctant to testify.
不愿意出庭作证
I intend to change her mind and I can be very persuasive.
我想改变她的主意 我很擅长说服别人
So, here's the deal which does expire
所以 这里有一个协议
the moment you leave this room.
在你出门的时刻就会失效
Mr. Conroy will plead to assault in the third degree,
康罗伊先生会认罪犯下三♥级♥骚扰罪
agrees to enter counseling and completes a batterer's program.
承诺配合协商 并完成一个有关施虐者改造的项目
And if we refuse?
如果我们拒绝呢
Then I charge your client with assault two,
那么我就会以二级骚扰案件起诉你的委托人
indict him and take this case to trial,
指控他 并把这个案子提上法庭
which I'm sure will be very well-publicized.
我相信媒体一定会大肆报道
Your offer is declined.
我们拒绝你的提议
Send my best to Cara.
代我向卡拉问好
Well, so much for bluffing.
好吧 "唬牌"到此结束
This game's not over.
这轮过招没结束
How'd it go with Billy Conroy?
比利·康罗伊那边处理的如何了
Chief Whitney.
惠特尼署长
Uh, not well. How-how did you know we were meeting?
哦 进展不太好 你是怎么知道我们刚刚在面谈
Oh, when you're chief assistant D.A.,
嗯 你现在可是ADA办公室的主任
little birds always seem to find you.
消息灵通一点 总能找到你
Billy's a good man.
比利是一个好人
We summer together in Amagansett.
我们曾经一起在埃莫甘西特避暑
Oh, so you must talk to him all the time.
这样 所以你一定一直和他保有联♥系♥
Yeah, thing is,
嗯 事实上呢
I like to know when my bureau chiefs dig up old cases.
我希望当我的办公室主任重启旧案的时候能知会我一下
I wasn't aware of that policy.
我不知道有这项政策
I'll have my office set up a lunch.
我会让我的办公室安排午餐
We can go over the ground rules.
我们来细细讨论一下基本原则
This is new territory, Erin.
这是一个全新的领域 艾琳
Don't want to get off on the wrong foot.
别一脚踩进火堆里
You told the officers that your boyfriend raped you.
你告诉警员你的男朋友强♥奸♥了你是吗
Yes.
是的
We were supposed to go to the movies.
我们应该去看电影的
Tommy said that he was too tired,
汤米说他太累了
so I said that I would go by myself.
所以我说那我自己去
He didn't like that.
他不喜欢这样
Hmm. What happened?
嗯 然后发生了什么
He grabbed my arm,
他拉住我的手臂
threw me on the couch
把我扔在沙发上
and then he climbed on top of me.
爬到我的身上
And when I told him to get off,
我叫他下来
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表