Well, I think it's sneaky.
其实我觉得有点卑鄙
Yeah, but there's a good reason for it.
是的 但有个很好的理由来解释
We don't stand on ceremony here.
我们这儿不拘于客套
We tell each other the truth.
我们对彼此诚实
Sometimes the hard truth, but it's all done with love.
有些难以接受的事实 但为了爱都会去做
That's right.
没错
And you're a part of that now, Eddie.
并且你现在也是我们的一份子了 埃迪
Hmm. So you're saying you don't care if I can cook
嗯 所以你们的意思是 你们不在意我的厨艺是不是
as long as I can fight?
和我的格斗技术一样好
Yeah.
是的
Again, welcome to the family.
再次欢迎来到这个家庭
Hear, hear.
了解 了解
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
I've just wanted this job for so long.
我只是一直想要这份工作
You know?
你知道
The chance to put my stamp on the trial division.
一个让我参与到审判庭里面的机会
And you've earned it.
而且你刚刚得到了它
I think I underestimated the politics.
我认为我低估了政♥治♥
Anyone I know?
有我知道的人吗
Chief Assistant D.A. Whitney.
地检署总助理惠特尼
Okay.
好的
He bullied Monica Graham into letting one of his VIP pals
他威胁了莫妮卡让他的一个特别朋友
walk on an open and shut assault charge.
免于一个证据确凿的袭击起诉
And what are you gonna do about it?
那么你想做些什么
Walk into Whitney's office,
走进惠特尼的办公室
tell him I'm gonna charge the jerk
告诉他我会起诉那个混♥蛋♥
and then probably get demoted or fired.
然后被降职或者被开除
Then don't do it.
那就不要那样做
Then what? Eat it?
然后呢 咽下去
Well, it's one thing to win a job.
好吧 得到一份工作是一件事
It's another thing and a much harder thing to keep it.
另一件事也是更困难的是 怎样保住它
And when you say "Politics," You mean office politics?
然后当你说政♥治♥ 你知道办公室政♥治♥
Yeah.
嗯
Well, what about racial politics?
那种族政策呢
Gender politics?
性别政策
Whitney is a white guy. Monica was a black female.
惠特尼是一个白人男性 莫妮卡是一个黑人女性
So? What are you getting at?
所以 你想表达什么
Well, I'm just saying, with a guy like Whitney,
我想说的是 像惠特尼这样的人
would this situation be the same situation
如果Monica是白人
if Monica were a white guy?
遇到这种情况还是一样的吗
Would he still have bullied her?
他还会用权来压她吗
I... it's hard to know.
我...这就很难说了
Oh, come on. What do you think?
哦 别啊 你怎么想
Probably not, but you can't reverse engineer it that way.
或许不会 但你不能这样反向推断
But it is kind of the accepted enlightenment of our age,
或许对我们这种年纪的人来说 是一个可以接受的启发
that everything has to be examined
所有东西都要经过
through a whole rainbow of lenses.
完整的彩虹透镜检查
These from the same bottle?
最后汇聚于白光吗
Yeah.
没错
Then that's very funny, coming from you.
从你嘴里说出来很搞笑
Ronnie, you got a sec?
罗尼 你有时间吗
I'll have the guest list for the Gracie Mansion event any minute.
我随时都会收到参与格雷西大厦活动的人员名单
Yeah, that can wait. These are Detectives Reagan and Baez.
哦 那可以推迟一下 警探雷根和贝兹在等你
The commissioner's son? Wow, they must be...
局长的儿子 哇 他们一定是...
Anyway, can I help you?
总之 有什么我可以帮助的
You're responsible for planning the PC's press avails?
你负责局长的新闻稿件
24/7.
随时随地
Uh, don't.
额 先不要
The commissioner's schedule is confidential.
局长的日程是一个机密
You know that, right?
你知道的 对吧
Of course.
当然
And you wouldn't e-mail it to anyone else?
并且你不会把局长的日程通过邮件发给别人
Absolutely not.
当然不会
Not even to yourself?
即便是你自己的邮箱
That's a breach of protocol.
这有反规章
That schedule's never to be sent to an unsecured account.
日程不允许发给任何非安全账户
I know. I just... I get calls all night long.
我知道 我只是 我整晚都在接电♥话♥
Reporters, PR people,
报道 公♥关♥员
Commissioner Moore.
摩尔副局长
So you forward the PC's confidential schedule
所以你把局长的机密计划
to your private cell phone?
传到你的私人手♥机♥了
Just for backup, in case I can't find my work phone.
仅仅是为了备份 以防我不能找到我的工作手♥机♥
Ever heard of a hard copy?
难不成还有复印件吗
You mean, like, on paper?
你指 比如纸质
We have reason to believe
我们有理由相信
your personal account's been hacked.
你的私人账户被黑了
Oh, my God. I'm so sorry. Am I gonna go to jail?
哦 我的天哪 我很抱歉 我会被送去监狱吗
No, you're not going to jail,
不 你不会
but you're not gonna be hired for head of security, either.
但你同时也不会被安♥全♥部♥长雇佣
Could we talk?
我们能谈谈吗
There's always gonna be beefs, but this code of silence,
总会有争执的 但这个沉默守则
that ends now.
现在结束了
Respectfully, easier said than done, boss.
无意冒犯 老大 说起来比作起来容易
All participants in yesterday's incident
所有参与昨天事件的人
and onlookers are transferred out as of today.
还有围观的人将在今天结束被调离
That sends a message, but, uh, boss, your call--
这传达了一个信息 但是 老大
Officer Jordan is a good cop.
乔丹警官是个好警♥察♥
Give him a rip, but I'd like to hold onto him.,
放过他吧 但我会一直关注他的
Okay. Also,
好的 还有
One PP approved the list of officers
总部批准了你从你原来的分局
that you recommended from your old precinct.
推荐的警♥察♥名单
All five will be reporting
一旦走完程序
as soon as the paperwork goes through.
所有的五个人都会被通知
Hopefully change the culture around here.
希望能改变这的氛围
Great, boss. Thanks.
好的 头 谢谢
But I think I put six names on that list.
但我想我写了六个
Yeah, one officer
嗯 一个警♥察♥
will not be coming over, an Officer Janko.
不会来了 杨科警官
One PP say why?
总部解释了吗
Above my pay grade.
超出了我的职权范围
You wanted to see me?
你要见我吗
Yes, but I would've come to you. That's all right.
是的 但我会去找你 好的
I heard it was urgent.
我听说这很紧急
Um, I wanted to discuss Billy Conroy.
嗯 我想讨论一下 比利·康罗伊
Refresh me.
让我回想一下
Mr. Conroy assaulted a young woman seven months ago,
康罗伊先生在七个月前袭击了一位年轻的女士
Cara Simpson.
卡拉·辛普森
He should've been prosecuted, he wasn't,
他应该被起诉 但是没有
and now he's done it again.
而且他现在又袭击了一个人
Find out who screwed up, rip him or her a new one.
找出谁办砸了 然后换掉那个人
That is what the bureau chief does.
这正是办公室主任的事情
Right, but I have evidence
好的 但我有证据表明
that someone in the position
上面有人
to do so interceded on Mr. Conroy's behalf.
为康罗伊先生求情
Someone from this office.
就是咱们办公室的人
I see.
我明白了
I thought it was Monica Graham.
我本以为是莫妮卡·格拉姆
But it wasn't.
但不是
No, so I climbed the ladder.
不是 所以我向上查了查
And other than my office, that only leads to one place.
除了我的办公室 那只有可能是一个地方了
I'm not naming names.
我没有指名道姓
No, but you're not exactly staying silent, either.
但你也不会保持缄默
No, sir.
是的 先生
Using the power of this office to excuse criminal behavior
因一己私利而利用权力
based on personal relationships
为罪行开脱
is reprehensible.
应当受到谴责
I agree.
我同意
But he won't go quietly.
但他不会就此罢休
And he's gonna do
一定会
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表