法官大人 让我们面对事实
Your Honor, let's face facts.
经过数周审前动议
It has been several weeks of pretrial motions
和证据提交
and diversions from the AUSA
她都没有一点证据证明
without her producing one single shred of additional evidence
我的委托人与特别探员Lasalle之死有关联
that ties my client to Special Agent Lasalle's death.
谋杀 律师
Murder, Counselor.
Lasalle探员的谋杀案 正如你所知道的
Agent Lasalle's murder. And as you well know,
我们没有义务在审判之前证明我们的案件
we are not obligated to prove our case until trial,
这就是我们在这儿的计划
which is what we're here to schedule.
审判的依据是什么 律师
A trial based on what, Counselor?
在受害者手指上
A bit of highly questionable DNA
发现的可疑的DNA吗
found on the finger of the victim?
法官大人 辩方要求排除证据
Defense moves that that evidence be suppressed, Your Honor.
基于什么
On what basis?
如果证据是
How about on the basis that the evidence
受害者朋友收集的呢
was collected by the victim's friend?
基于受害人在医院几小时后
On the basis that it was not found on the victim until hours
才被发现
after he was in the hospital.
而那又是我的委托人所在的同一家医院
The same hospital where my client was,
DNA就是这样转移到受害者身上的
which is how the DNA was transferred to the victim.
并且基于一个由心神不宁的探员
And on the basis of an absolutely
所主导的
unreliable investigation
并不可靠的调查
conducted by an obsessed federal agent
这个探员决心要压死一个无辜的人
who is hell-bent on steamrolling an innocent man.
法官大人 我建议
Your Honor, may I suggest
除非助理检察官Izzo有确凿证据
that unless AUSA Izzo is hiding a smoking gun,
否则我们不能也不应该继续浪费
that we cannot and should not continue to squander
政♥府♥的时间和资源
the government's time and resources.
那要由陪审团来决定
That's for a jury to decide.
实际上
Actually,
目前 是由我决定
at the moment, that's for me to decide.
法官大人 被告想传唤
Your Honor, defense would like to introduce
新的证人 Brad Collins
a new witness, Brad Collins.
Brad Collins到底是谁
Who the hell is Brad Collins?
Izzo女士
Ms. Izzo.
法官大人 在Lasalle探员遇害当晚
He is my client's alibi for the night
他是我委托人不在场证明人
of Agent Lasalle's death, Your Honor.
法官大人 已经六个星期了
It's been six weeks, Your Honor.
我想知道 他是从哪个石头
I'd like to know what rock
底下蹦出来的
this witness crawled out from under.
Izzo女士 这是对你最后的警告
Ms. Izzo. That's your last warning.
对不起 法官大人
Sorry, Your Honor.
我只是不明白
I just can't understand
为什么辩方现在把证人带到我们面前
why the defense is just now bringing this witness before us.
你的调查员
Your investigators
在问询的时候可以问
can ask when they interview him.
同时 我将审查你的提议
Meanwhile, I'll review your motions.
法官大人 鉴于这个不在现场的证人
Your Honor, in light of this alibi witness,
我要求法庭重新考虑保释
I would ask the court to reconsider bail.
这是一名联邦探员的
This is the murder
谋杀案 律师
of a federal agent, Counselor.
我们在讨论其他事情时再讨论保释
We'll talk about bail when we talk about everything else.
我们休庭
We're adjourned.
嘿 告诉我一声
Hey, just let me know.
行吗
All right?
为什么这是我第一次听说不在场证人
Why is this the first I'm hearing about an alibi witness?
因为这不是真正的不在场证明
Because it's not a real alibi.
Eddie收买♥♥了 就这么简单
Eddie bought it, pure and simple.
好吧 Dwayne 你能证明吗
Okay, Dwayne, but can you prove that?
因为如果你做不到 我们就失去了DNA
Because if you can't, then we lose the DNA
案子就完了
and the case is dead.
Eddie Barrett杀害了Christopher 我很肯定
Eddie Barrett killed Christopher. I'm certain of it.
好吧 你的确定并不能为我们赢得出庭的机会
Well, your certainty doesn't earn us our day in court.
找到更多的证据
Find more evidence
否则Eddie Barrett就走了 不管他有罪与否
or Eddie Barrett walks, guilty or not.
我不知道该跟你说什么
I don't know what to tell you.
我从未见过Eddie Barrett
I never met Eddie Barrett before
那天下午他租我的船才是我第一次见他
the afternoon he chartered my boat.
他只是想 露个脸 出海钓鱼吗
And he just... showed up? Wanted to go fishing?
他先打电♥话♥ 确定我是否有空
Well, he called first, made sure I was available.
-他什么时候到的 -中午刚过
- What time did he arrive? - A little after noon.
都写在口供里了
It's all on the paperwork.
-他是一个人吗 -是的
- He was alone? - Yes.
在一艘可容纳10名乘客的游艇上
On a cabin cruiser that accommodates ten.
他想一个人去 他说他经历了几周的痛苦
Man wanted to go solo. Said he'd had a hard few weeks
想忘记这个世界几天
and wanted to forget the world for a couple days.
你去哪了
Where'd you go?
能钓上来的鱼只有鲈鲉
Redfish were the only things biting,
所以不会去太远
so not too far out.
我刚往西去了一个我认识的地方
I just headed west to a place I know.
Barrett先生说过什么奇怪的话吗
Mr. Barrett talk about anything in particular?
不是那样的
Well, it-it's not like that.
你知道钓鱼是怎么回事 有些人
You know how fishing goes. There are folks
说话为主钓鱼为辅 有些人钓鱼为主很少说话
who talk and fish and then there are folks who fish and talk.
他是第二种
He was the second kind.
你为什么只跟他讲
Why are you telling him?
嗯 我也钓鱼
Hmm? I fish, too.
因为我老了
It's-it's 'cause I'm old.
我的观念也很老了 但你说得完全正确
So are my ideas. But you're 100% right.
-女人也钓鱼 -你说
- Women fish, too. - You said
Barrett想出去玩几天
that Barrett wanted to go out for a couple of days.
为什么几小时后就调头了
Why'd you turn around after a few hours?
晚上9点左右 Barrett先生接到一个电♥话♥
Mr. Barrett got a call about 9:00 p.m.
他的一个朋友中弹了 我朝岸边驶来
Friend of his had been shot. I headed back to shore,
但水流对我们不利
but the currents were against us.
至少花了两个小时
Took at least two hours.
-所以你11点左右靠岸 -口供上都有
- So you docked around 11:00. - It's on the paperwork.
我把发♥票♥的复印件给了律师
I gave a copy of my invoice to the lawyer.
-你也需要一份复印件吗 -不 不 不
- You need a copy as well? - No, no, no.
-我有这个就好 -你是说 Barrett先生
- I-I got it right here. - You said Mr. Barrett
付的现金 多少钱
paid in cash, hmm? How much?
发♥票♥上也有
Also on the invoice.
1100美元 我告诉他不用付
$1,100. I told him he didn't have to pay
整整两天的钱 但他坚持要付
the full two days, but he insisted.
也给了我一个不错的小费
Gave me a nice tip, too.
我得说
I got to say,
这太方便了
it's convenient,
你在最后一刻提供了这个不在场证明
you offering this alibi at the last moment.
Collins先生 你为什么要等
Why'd you wait so long
这么久才来呢
to come forward, Mr. Collins?
我不知道有人在找我
I didn't know anyone was looking for me.
有一对夫妇订了我的船
I had a couple charters booked,
去墨西哥
headed down to Mexico,
我在那逗留了一段时间
messed around there for a while.
拜托 你的手♥机♥在墨西哥不能用吗
Come on, your cell phone didn't work in Mexico?
我去的地方没有信♥号♥♥
Not where I go.
当我回到家
When I got back home,
我看到了Barrett先生的律师发来的信息
I saw the messages from Mr. Barrett's lawyer.
我很遗憾 就因为我没能
I feel bad he spent time in jail
检查我的语♥音♥留言 导致Better进了监狱
because of me not checking my voice mails.
迟到总比没没有强 我猜
Better late than never, I guess.
他是个好证人
He's a good witness.
他很讨人喜欢 没有脾气
He's likable, no attitude.
如果我们不能揭穿他的故事 Barrett就会逍遥法外
If we can't break his story, Barrett's gonna go free.
我想为他所有的发♥票♥申请许可证
I'm trying to get a warrant for his entire invoice pad.
如果他伪造文件 我们会搞定的
If he fudged the paperwork, we'll figure it out.
Patton和我一直在调查 试图证明他和Barrett
Patton and I have been digging, trying to find something
在租船之前就有联♥系♥的证据
that ties him to Barrett before booking the charter.
-到目前为止还没有 -是的 我们需要
- Nothing so far. - Yeah, well, we need
对他的房♥子 他的办公室
to get a warrant for his house,
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处:新奥尔良(2014) | 导航列表