剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Coffee table.
在咖啡桌上
The funny thing is I didn't even have to ask him to do it.
有趣的是我都没让他这么做
He did it on his own.
他自己做的
I especially like where he says,
我尤其喜欢他说
"Catherine Durant is functional.
"凯瑟琳·杜兰特堪用
Claire Underwood is formidable."
克莱尔·安德伍德强大"
So, you see, you don't even have time on your side. It's on ours.
你看 时间没有站在你那边 而在我们这边
By tomorrow morning, there'll be a dozen articles just like that.
到明天早上 会有十几篇类似报道
So you have a choice.
所以你可以做选择
You can redeem yourself as Secretary of State
你可以选择在接下来四年中继续当国务卿
over the next four years,
重树形象
or go down in history as a fluke, who bungled the Middle East
或选择因为在中东办砸了事
and couldn't even close the deal in Brandenburg.
连勃兰登堡的协议都谈不成而被载入史册
You have your version. I have mine.
你有你的版本 我也有我的
I'm sure mine will get just as much traction as this.
我相信我的版本会跟这个一样引人注目
But my version wins because it's the better story...
但是我的版本会赢 因为这样报道更有意思
and it's also exactly how things went down.
并且事情也确实如此
You see, you don't even have the truth going for you.
你看连真♥相♥都不向着你
I'm not scared of you.
我不怕你
My endorsement of Dunbar, that makes for an even better story.
我背书邓巴 会是一篇更好的报道
But you wanna know what the best story is?
但你知道最棒的报道是什么吗
Claire's mother just died.
克莱尔的母亲刚刚去世了
I'm sorry to hear that. Oh, I don't think you really are,
我很遗憾 我想你不是真心的
but that doesn't matter because the rest of the world will.
不过没关系 反正全世界除了你都会难过
And by the time she gives her speech tomorrow night,
等她明晚做完讲话
there won't be a dry eye in Atlanta
亚特兰大乃至全国的观众
or across the rest of the country.
都会为之动容而落泪
So, you get to keep your job, Cathy,
你可以保住你的工作 凯茜
in return for your delegates.
换你代表的票
That offer is still on the table.
我的提议依然有效
I have been loyal. I got you that table.
我一直很忠诚 我帮你得到这个位置
Do you wanna keep it, or do you wanna give it to Conway?
你想继续守住 还是想拱手让给康威
You know, when I was waiting for my transplant,
我在等移植手术的时候
I had the most vivid hallucinations. You wouldn't believe 'em.
我产生了特别逼真的幻觉 你都不会相信
Do you know who I saw?
你知道我看到谁了吗
Peter Russo and Zoe Barnes, right here in this room.
彼得·罗素和佐伊·巴恩斯 就在这个办公室里
Zoe was trying to seduce me, right here on this couch,
佐伊就在这张沙发上引诱我
and Peter, he shoved my face up against this glass.
而彼得把我的脸按在这块玻璃上
Cigarettes and razor blades and sex.
香烟 剃须刀片和性♥爱♥
It was terrifying.
很可怕
All I wanted to do was get out of this room
我只想逃出这间
that I worked so hard to get in.
我费劲千辛万苦才进来的房♥间
But of course, it makes sense that they would've haunted me
但它们阴魂不散是有道理的
because it's all true.
因为全都是真的
What is? Everything Lucas Goodwin claimed.
什么是真的 卢卡斯·古德温所说的一切
I killed them both, just like he said I did.
我杀了他们两个 就像他说的那样
But of course, nobody believes it, and nobody ever will.
但当然没人会相信 永远不会有人相信
Because that's how good we are...
因为我们就是那么擅长
at making things...
让东西
disappear.
消失
No, we didn't kill anybody.
不 我们没杀过人
But we would have...
但如果需要
if it was necessary.
我们会的
So, you're right, the time for negotiations is over.
你说得对 谈判的时间结束了
You will hand over your delegates,
你要交出你的代表
and you will serve on in my cabinet.
继续在我的内阁任职
And we will forget that any of this ever happened.
我们忘掉发生过的这一切
Because if you don't...
因为如果你不照做
I swear to God...
我向上帝发誓
I will never...
我永远
ever forget.
都不会忘记
Do you understand now?
现在你明白了吗
Yes.
明白
Good.
好
Now, let's go decide what we're gonna do about these terrorists.
我们去决定要怎么对付恐♥怖♥分♥子♥吧
Want me to call someone? Make arrangements?
想让我给谁打电♥话♥吗 做些安排
We made the sun rise.
我们让太阳升起来了
She told you that, too?
她也告诉你了
We should get going.
我们该动身了
Me and Hannah want to extend our warmest condolences
我和汉娜想向第♥一♥夫♥人♥和总统
to the First Lady and the President.
致以最诚挚的哀悼
They and all of Elizabeth Hale's loved ones are in our prayers.
我们为他们和伊丽莎白·黑尔的亲人们祈祷
And we won't be campaigning today out of respect for their loss.
出于对离世之人的尊敬 今天我们不竞选
God bless President and Mrs. Underwood.
愿上帝保佑总统夫妇
Got it.
好了
Put it out.
发布吧
Perfect timing... for her to drop dead.
她倒毙的时机掐得真好
We were on a roll, too.
我们本来正顺风顺水呢
I should prep for the speech.
我该准备讲话了
I have a room set up for you. I'll be right in.
我为你准备好了房♥间 我马上就过去
Right this way, Mrs. Underwood.
这边请 安德伍德夫人
I read the draft.
我读过草稿了
And?
然后呢
I wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad you're pleased.
一个字都不用改 我很高兴你满意
I'm glad you were with her.
我很高兴你陪着她
She's strong. You're a lucky man.
她很坚强 你很幸运
Don't I know it.
完全同意
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honor to introduce
女士们先生们 我很荣幸为大家介绍
Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特
Thank you, thank you very much.
谢谢 非常感谢大家
I know that all of you join me in offering
我知道 大家和我一样
our sincere condolences to the First Lady for her loss.
都对第♥一♥夫♥人♥亲人的离世表示诚挚慰唁
Tonight, I want to offer my sincere gratitude
今晚 我想向在代♥表♥大♥会♥上
to all the delegates who have honored me with their support
支持我的各位代表
during the course of this convention.
致以我最真挚的感谢
Thank you so much.
我非常感谢你们
However, after much deliberation...
然而 经过深思熟虑
I have decided that I have more to offer you as Secretary of State
我决定 与辞职参加选举相比 作为国务卿
than to resign and run for office.
我能更好地为大家服务
But I want to encourage every one of you who has supported me
但我想让支持我的各位
to join me in supporting this extraordinary woman,
和我一起支持这位非凡的女性
the First Lady of the United States, Claire Hale Underwood.
美国第♥一♥夫♥人♥ 克莱尔·黑尔·安德伍德
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
And good evening.
晚上好
As all of you know, my mother,
正如大家所知 我母亲
Elizabeth Constance Hale,
伊丽莎白·康斯坦斯·黑尔
passed away last night after a long illness.
久病后于昨晚去世
She was a strong woman...
她是个坚强的女人...
a fierce Texan...
一个坚韧的德州人
We had... a difficult relationship from childhood onwards.
从小...我和她关系就不好
At times, there were long periods of estrangement.
我们曾有过很长时间的疏离
We hurt each other... often and deeply.
我们经常深深地伤害对方
If there was one good thing that came from my mother's illness...
如果说母亲的病带来什么好事 那就是
it gave us a chance to reconnect, to mend old wounds.
让我们有机会重新开始往来 抚平旧伤
And that's not an opportunity
人们并不是都能
people always get before a parent dies,
在父母离世前有这样的机会
and I'm grateful to have had that.
我很感激有这样的机会
And what am I doing here?
那我在这里做什么呢
I'm here because my mother wanted me to be.
我站在这里 因为这是我母亲所希望的
Yesterday, before she passed, she said to me,
昨天在她去世之前 她对我说
"Claire... do this.
"克莱尔...去做吧
If the people want it, listen to them.
如果这是人们希望的 听他们的
And if you lose, then you lose.
如果失败了 那就是失败了
But if you win...
但是如果你赢了...
be honored, be humbled,
要感到荣幸 保持谦逊
and win this election with Francis!"
和弗兰西斯一起赢得选举"
And I told her, I said, "The Conways are tough opponents."
我告诉她 康威夫妇是非常厉害的对手
And she said, "They may be tough, but they're not Texas tough."
她说也许是吧 但也不比德州人
Loss is a sobering phenomenon.
失去让我们深思
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表