剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
From this height, with this view,
在这个高度 看到这样的景象
she could be anywhere.
她可能是在任何地方
But the important thing is she was anywhere but there."
但关键是 她不在那里"
You want another? Yeah.
还要一杯吗 要
Did he say why?
他说为什么了吗
Okay, thanks, Dana.
谢了 戴娜
Yates pulled out.
耶茨退出了
Said he came to an agreement with the Underwoods.
说他跟安德伍德夫妇达成了协议
He was playing us off each other.
他拿我们相互做筹码
We could still leak the excerpt.
我们还是可以放出摘要
It's too risky. If we get away with it, great.
太冒险 不被人查到还好
If we don't,
要是被查到
we look like opportunists fucking over an acclaimed novelist.
我们就成了坑害知名小说家的投机分子
It's not worth it.
不值得
Do you think it's true, that chasm between them?
你觉得他们之间真的有裂痕吗
Who knows?
谁知道
I love that writing.
我喜欢他的文笔
I wish I could've read the rest of it. I hated Scorpio.
真希望能看到其他部分 我讨厌《天蝎》
It was beautiful. It's garbage.
写得多美 就是垃圾
Why? The main character's a pussy.
为什么 主角是个怂货
Will, you know I hate that word. He is.
威尔 你知道我讨厌那个词 他就是
He lets his best friend kill himself. He does nothing?
他最好的朋友自杀 他却袖手旁观吗
He was in pain. He was going to die anyway.
他很痛苦 反正也要死了
It doesn't matter. It's cowardly.
那也不重要 还是懦弱
I think he was brave. And his friend.
我觉得他很勇敢 他朋友也是
And I think Yates was brave to write it.
我觉得耶茨能写出来也很勇敢
Brave is never giving up. You fight, no matter what.
勇敢是不放弃 无论如何战斗到底
So, Kate Baldwin was willing if Yates was in?
如果耶茨同意 凯特·鲍德温也同意
Yeah, Dana was giving her 20,000 words.
是啊 戴娜让她写两万词
I think we can pivot.
应该可以再斡旋一下
How?
怎么做
Get her back on the phone.
再给她打个电♥话♥
Julia. Olivia, I didn't know you were in town.
茱莉亚 奥利维亚 都不知道你来了
Oh, just a little visit.
就是来看看
I miss seeing Dean's face sometimes. Don't tell him that.
我有时候还挺想迪恩的 别告诉他
Will you give us a few minutes? No, she should stay.
能让我们单独谈吗 她不用走
Oh, I know you have things to discuss.
我知道你们有事要谈
Like your husband withdrawing from the ticket.
比如你丈夫放弃做竞选伙伴
That's why she's in town, right? For the announcement.
她是为此而来吧 跟你一起宣布
I know the press conference must've caught you off guard,
我知道那个新闻发布会肯定让你很意外
but the president didn't want you to know.
但总统不想让你知道
He thought you'd organize a protest. He was right. I would've.
他觉得你会组织抗♥议♥ 他说对了
My plan was to sit down, talk this out before the announcement.
我希望能坐下 宣布之前好好谈谈
There isn't gonna be an announcement.
没什么好宣布的了
You... you can't waltz in here--
你不能大摇大摆走进来
We've raised $20 million
你丈夫初出茅庐时
for your husband since he was a freshman.
我们就给他捐了两千万
That gives me the right to waltz in whenever I want.
我就可以随时大摇大摆走进来
Show some respect. Honey, please.
放尊重点 亲爱的 行了
No. This is what we wanted.
不 这是我们要的
What we've worked for. When Underwood loses,
我们奋斗的目标 等安德伍德输了
you'll spend the next two years fighting off a primary opponent.
你接下来两年可就有仗要打了
Every one of our 200,000 members in Ohio will turn on you.
我们在俄亥俄的二十万会员都会反对你
By the time you've lost this office,
等你没了这个职位
Olivia's law firm will go tits up.
奥利维亚的律所也会黄了
Don't forget, we pushed most of your clients your way.
别忘了 我们给你引了好多客户
He got cold feet. What can I do?
他临阵退缩了 我能怎么办
Convince him to change his mind.
劝他改主意
He wouldn't listen. He says the NRA came down hard on him.
他不听 他说全国步♥枪♥协会对他严词威胁
Because you had him do the press conference.
因为你让上了新闻发布会
No, that was Austen's idea, not mine.
不 那是奥斯汀的主意 不是我的
I told him to lay low,
我跟他说了要低调
but he said if he was in, he wanted to be all in.
但他说如果他要加入 就要完全投入
The idea was to balance the ticket.
我们的打算是平衡你们两人的立场
Well, we can't do anything about Austen.
奥斯汀这条路已经不通了
The question now is who do we get to replace him?
问题是我们能找谁来代替他
Go back to the list?
再看看名单
He was fine, but I'm not enthused by anyone else on that list.
他还好 但那张名单上别人我都没兴趣
Let's not go back to square one, Mr. President.
别又回到起点了 总统先生
We have a good list.
我们有个不错的名单
Everybody can get behind those names.
大家都会支持那些人的
It's common sense.
这是常理
The only problem with common sense is that it's so... common.
常理唯一的问题就是 太普通了
I think we can do better.
我觉得我们有更好的选择
Who?
谁
Cathy Durant.
凯茜·杜兰特
Now, Louisiana's not a swing state, I know that.
路易斯安那不是摇摆州 这我清楚
But she is still a national figure,
但她仍然是个全国知名人物
she helps us with the women's vote,
她能帮助我们争取女性选民的选票
and I trust her.
并且我信任她
What about guns?
枪♥支♥呢
I don't think she's ever had a strong position.
她似乎对此立场并不坚决
It's better than that. She's never uttered a word on the issue.
比那更好 她对这个问题从未发表过意见
We checked.
我们查过了
I like it. So do I.
我喜欢 我也是
But I had another thought. Who?
但我还有个想法 谁
Not "Who." How.
不是"谁" 是怎样
I don't think I should choose her.
我觉得不应该由我选她
I think the party should choose her.
我认为应该由党选她
Not an open convention.
你不是说开放代♥表♥大♥会♥吧
Look, Bob, let's...
鲍勃 我们
We have to face the fact that
我们必须面对事实
my health is gonna be a major liability for us.
我的健康状况将会对我们非常不利
No matter who becomes the running mate,
不论谁做竞选伙伴
they could well end up being president.
那人最终都可能成为总统
Now, that is a...
那种情况
a scenario that I don't even like to fathom,
我甚至都不愿想
but we can't escape it.
但是我们无法回避
And if it's such an important decision,
如果这个决定如此重要
why not let the party make it?
为什么不让党来决定呢
Because it'd be a free-for-all.
因为那样大家都可以参选
No, no. We make it so that Cathy wins.
不不 我们要想办法让凯茜获胜
We'll just make it look like the party chose her.
只是要做得像是党选择了她
And think of the coverage. We'll own the news.
想想新闻报道吧 会铺天盖地的
You want the convention to be a circus.
你想把党代会变成马戏团
Oh, Bob, I'm not sure if you've noticed or not,
鲍勃 我不知道你有没有注意到
but politics is no longer just theater, it's show business.
但政♥治♥已经不只是戏院了 是娱乐业
So let's put on the best show in town.
那我们就演一出最棒的戏吧
Great.
太好了
Will you give me a salute, General?
能向我敬个礼吗 将军
Active military aren't allowed to speak to the press.
现役军人不能接受媒体采访
He delivered his resignation this morning.
他今天早上辞职了
No shit.
不是吧
We're gonna break it online as soon as the president accepts it.
只等总统同意 我们立刻就在网上发布
Not often a monthly gets raw meat like this, huh?
月刊不常得到这种首发猛料吧
His phone's gonna blow up.
他的电♥话♥会被打爆的
But you get the exclusive.
但你会得到独家采访
Sorry about Tom. I'm not.
汤姆的事很遗憾 我不觉得
Thank you, General.
谢谢你 将军
All right, we're gonna go set up for the...
好了 我们要准备...
Good afternoon, General. Kate Baldwin.
下午好 将军 我是凯特·鲍德温
Shall we?
我们开始吧
So, the main issue that Mrs. Underwood
不用说 安德伍德夫人
has been focusing on is guns, obviously.
一直关注的主要问题是枪♥支♥
We've got some talking points we've been using,
我们准备了一些最近用的谈话要点
so you'll want to... I'm sorry, is there any water?
你想 抱歉 有水吗
Yes.
有
I'm a bit hungover.
我有点宿醉
At least I'm not still drunk.
至少现在清醒了
Want some?
要来点吗
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表