剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Well, I've known Frank Underwood my whole life.
而我认识弗兰克·安德伍德一辈子了
He's my friend and I trust him,
他是我的朋友 我信任他
and I don't care what's on that billboard.
我也不在乎那个广♥告♥牌上到底是什么
I'm proud he's my president,
我为他是我的总统感到自豪
and I'm proud to have... be standing with him here today.
我也为今天能同他站在一起而自豪
Thank you, Gene.
谢谢 吉恩
Yesterday, I stood in this church...
昨天 我站在这个教堂里
and I talked about community.
我提到了我们这个群体
I talked about our collective strength,
我提到了我们集体的力量
black and white, coming together during times of crisis.
无论是黑人还是白人 在危机时刻走到一起
And today there's probably a lot of you who think I'm a hypocrite.
今天肯定有很多人觉得我是个伪君子
How can a man whose father was in the KKK stand up here
一个父亲是三K党的人 怎么可能站在这里
and mean the things he said?
真心实意地说出那些话呢
Yes, that is my father in that photograph,
没错 照片上的人是我父亲
I'm not going to deny it.
我不会否认
But the truth is he wasn't in the Klan.
但事实是 他不是三K党的人
The year that photo was taken,
拍照片的那年
my father needed $5,000 to pay off our debts,
我父亲需要五千美元偿还债务
or the bank was gonna foreclose on our farm.
不然银行就会没收我们的农场
Now, my father went to every other bank
父亲跑遍了这附近
within a hundred miles of here,
方圆百里内的所有银行
and no one would give him a loan.
没一个愿意贷款给他
He asked friends, he asked family,
他向朋友去借 挨家挨户地问
but nobody had that kind of money.
没人有那么多钱
And we were about to lose everything.
我们马上就要倾家荡产了
Now, at the time, the owner of the Gaffney First Bank
当时 加夫尼第一银行的行长
was a member of the Klan.
是三K党的成员
Some of you know that.
这在座的一些人知道
And he would do whatever the Klan told him to do,
他完全听从三K党的指挥
and my father knew that.
我父亲也清楚这一点
So my father did what he had to do.
所以父亲就做了他不得不做的
He went to a meeting and begged the leader of that chapter
他参加了一次会议并乞求那个分会的领导
to talk to the owner of the bank.
在银行行长面前说句话
And at that meeting, that's when that photograph was taken.
照片就是拍摄于那次会议
The only reason he was there was to try to save our farm.
他出现在那里仅仅是为了挽救我们的农场
Now, Calvin Underwood hated himself for going to that meeting.
凯文·安德伍德痛恨自己参加了那次会议
He hated himself for taking that photograph.
也痛恨自己拍下了那张照片
But he would've hated himself even more if he'd lost our farm...
但如果不能保住我们的农场 他会更痛恨自己
if he hadn't been able to provide and support his family.
如果他不能养活自己的家人
Now, look, I'm not trying to ask you to forgive him
我不会试着让你们原谅他
being in that photograph.
出现在那张照片中
He probably thought no one would ever see it.
他大概以为永远不会有人看到这照片
But I am asking you to empathize with his predicament.
但我恳请大家同情他的困境
And ask yourselves...
并扪心自问...
what would you do to save your family?
你们会为挽救自己的家庭做些什么
Now, whoever stole that photograph and vandalized that billboard,
那盗取了照片 破坏了广♥告♥牌的人
they're not trying to unearth some big scandal about my past,
他们的目的不是要揭露关于我过去的重大丑闻
'cause it just isn't true.
因为真♥相♥并非如此
What they're trying to do is divide us.
他们的目的是让我们分♥裂♥
What they really wanna succeed in doing
他们真正要达到的目的
is making sure you don't vote for me today.
是确保大家今天不把票投给我
They've gone to a whole
他们为玷污我的形象
lot of trouble to make me look pretty bad.
真是煞费苦心
But that's politics.
但这就是政♥治♥
My hope in coming here today...
我今天来到这里
and speaking openly and honestly about this...
开诚布公地对这件事发表声明 是希望
is that we can stay united.
我们能够保持团结
So my plan is to stay here as long as it takes,
因此我打算一直待在这里
to speak to each one of you individually,
跟每一个人单独谈谈
and answer every question that you might have.
解答你们所有的疑问
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Thank you very much, ma'am.
非常感谢 女士
President Underwood,
安德伍德总统
speaking live in his home town of Gaffney, South Carolina,
在他家乡南卡罗来纳州加夫尼发表现场讲话
addressing claims that
回应称其父
his father was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
是三K党成员的言论
A billboard there was vandalized late last night
昨晚当地一块公告牌遭到破坏
with a photo of his father standing
被挂上了一张总统父亲站在一名
next to a man in Klan robes
身着三K党长袍的男子旁边的照片
with the caption, "Underwood 2016."
并配文 "安德伍德2016"
As we've just seen, the president did not deny allegations
正如我们刚刚所看到的 总统没有否认
that his father had some connection to the organization,
其父亲与该组织有联♥系♥的指控
instead explaining that Calvin Underwood attended one meeting
反而解释说凯文·安德伍德只参加了一次会议
as a last resort
是为了
to save his family's peach farm from foreclosure.
避免家里的桃园不被没收 不得已而为之
The president was subject to widespread criticism
今早其家人被指与三K党有关联的
after news of his family's
消息一经传出
alleged Klan connection broke this morning.
总统便饱受批评
Today's primary result will show--
今天的初选结果将会...
I don't know her name. I asked, but she wouldn't tell me.
我不知道她的名字 我问过 但她没说
And I deeply regret
我深感抱歉
that I allowed my political leanings to compromise my better judgment.
让我的政♥治♥倾向影响到了判断力
I want to apologize to anyone I might have offended
我想对可能侵犯到的人道歉
by hoisting up such painful imagery.
抱歉翻出了如此痛苦的画面
We're getting calls asking if it was us.
有人打电♥话♥问是不是我们做的
Do you think someone from our team Absolutely not.
你觉得是我们团队的人吗 绝对不会
I think Underwood put this guy up to it.
我觉得是安德伍德叫他这么说的
He's trying to turn this back around on us.
他想反过来陷害我们
We need to deny, forcefully.
我们必须坚决否认
I'm already putting a press avail together at your next event.
我已经在下一场活动安排了媒体采访
Maybe we need to reconsider Goodwin.
可能我们得再考虑一下古德温了
What do you have in mind? I'm not sure.
你怎么想的 我也不确定
Look at this.
看这个
It came from the goddamn White House!
是从白宫泄露的
We're questioning the photographer now, sir.
我们在讯问摄影师了 先生
I've got a statement prepared that
我准备好了声明
this was a run-of-the-mill event,
这只是个普通活动
that you took photos with lots of re-enactors.
您和许多参与内战重演的演员合过影
It doesn't matter how you spin it.
你怎么解释都没用
I just stood in front of
我刚刚在教堂
a group of African Americans in a church
面对一群非裔美国人
asking them to believe in me.
请他们相信我
It's bad enough they see my father next to a Klansman.
他们看到我父亲和三K党人并立已够糟了
Now they see me next to a symbol of slavery.
现在又看到我和奴隶制的象征站在一起
I wanna find out who's leaking this shit,
我要查出是谁泄露的
and I want their head on a goddamn stake!
把他的头钉在木桩上
Sir, I have a theory.
先生 我有个想法
I think...
我觉得...
Well, I think it might be Edward Meechum.
我觉得可能是艾德华·密查姆
Meechum?
密查姆
He knew about the argument between you and the First Lady.
他知道您和第♥一♥夫♥人♥发生了争吵
He was there on that trip to Virginia.
弗吉尼亚那次他也跟去了
He would never do something like this.
他绝不会做出这种事来
Dunbar has a lot of money.
邓巴有很多钱
Put out a statement to the networks
向各大电视台发布声明
that I won't be giving a concession speech.
我不会发表落选演讲了
Sir... don't you think that might look like you're running from--
先生 您不觉得这样看起来像在逃避
I just lost my home state.
我刚刚输了我的家乡
I'm not gonna rake myself over the coals.
我不想再折腾我自己了
Meechum?
密查姆
I'm not ruling anyone out.
我不能排除任何人
Sir?
先生
I brought the safety deposit box for you.
我把银行保险箱拿来了
You can put it down.
放下吧
Meechum. Yes, sir?
密查姆 是 先生
Have I given you any reason to hurt me?
我有没有给过你任何伤害我的理由
Hurt you, sir?
伤害您 先生
Have I done you wrong in any way?
我有没有过对不起你的时候
I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand.
抱歉 先生 我不明白
Look me in the eyes, Meechum.
看着我的眼睛 密查姆
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表