剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
I just love your writing, Tom,
我非常喜欢你的作品 汤姆
ever since Scorpio.
从《天蝎》开始
I think it just gets better and better.
我觉得你写得越来越好了
Oh, yeah? What else have you read?
是吗 你还读过哪本
All of them.
都读过
I thought the latest was brilliant, God's Cauldron.
我觉得你的新书很精彩 《上帝之釜》
You read that? In one sitting.
你读过了 一口气读完的
But what we'd really love to read
但是我们最想读的一本
is your book on the Underwoods.
是你那本关于安德伍德夫妇的书
Well, it's changed. It's fiction now.
那个改了 改成小说了
But based on them.
但原型是他们
People might draw parallels.
人们可能会去对比
Would the Underwoods find it flattering?
安德伍德夫妇会喜欢吗
I don't think they'd be too happy with it.
我觉得他们不会特别喜欢
How do you think it'll do?
你觉得会畅销吗
Who knows? Better than God's Cauldron, I hope.
谁知道 我希望比《上帝之釜》要好
Sales were disappointing, weren't they?
销量不高 是吗
In fact, they've been disappointing
事实上 你过去十年
on everything you've written the past ten years.
写的每一本书销量都不高
We can change that with this new book.
我们可以用这本新书来扭转局面
I'm not a political tool.
我可不是政♥治♥工具
We didn't fly you up here because my wife's a fan.
我们不是因为我妻子是你粉丝才把你接来的
I'm sure you had a notion of what we're after.
你肯定知道有我们想要什么
I didn't have any expectations.
我什么想法都没有
I just came because I was curious.
我来是出于好奇
Well, then let me satisfy your curiosity.
那么让我来满足你的好奇心
If your book can hurt the Underwoods,
如果你的书能伤到安德伍德夫妇
we want it to be published before the election,
我们要让它在竞选之前出版
and we want it to be big.
并且要让它畅销
Dana Treister, do you know her?
戴娜·崔斯特 你认识吧
The editor of Vanity Fair.
《名利场》的编辑
That's right. She's a close friend.
是的 她是我的密友
And Ben Grant, founder of Pollyhop.
还有本·格兰特 波利跳的创始人
I saw the webcast.
我看到网络直播了
They don't manipulate search results,
他们没有篡改搜索结果
but let's just say a big spread in Vanity Fair...
但是 如果在《名利场》上大做广♥告♥...
Nice juicy excerpt,
精彩的选节
profile on Thomas Yates, his literary comeback.
托马斯·耶茨的深度报道 他的文学回归
We're on the cover this month, but... next month it could be you.
我们本月上了封面 但下个月就可以是你
I'm on the Marxist side of Democrat.
我是最民♥主♥党的民♥主♥党
Why would I help a Republican?
我为什么要帮助共和党
You'd be helping yourself, Tom.
你是帮你自己 汤姆
And if that helps us a little bit along the way,
如果顺便帮助了我们
what's the harm in that?
又有何不可呢
Senator Dean Austen of Ohio,
俄亥俄参议员迪恩·奥斯汀
the leadership's top choice for running mate.
领导层竞选伙伴的首选
Twelve years in Congress,
供职国会12年
helps us with a major swing state,
能帮我们搞定这个重要摇摆州
middle of the road, very few enemies,
立场中立 极少树敌
and most importantly to them, long-time friend of the NRA.
他们最看重的 是全国步♥枪♥协会的老朋友
Now his shortcomings are he's another middle-aged white guy,
缺点是 也是个中年白人
underwhelming, unimaginative
平庸无趣
and a long-time friend of the NRA.
而且是全国步♥枪♥协会的老朋友
So you can see how I feel about the leadership's choice.
这就是我对领导层这个选择的态度
Senator.
参议员
I'm honored, Mr. President.
我很荣幸 总统先生
I just have one major reservation.
我只有一个很大的顾虑
Claire. Yes, sir.
克莱尔 是的 先生
Well, between you and me,
我只跟你说
I'm not even sure this gun bill is gonna pass.
我都不确定这项枪♥支♥法案能否通过
But if I'm being asked to support it,
但如果要求我支持它
you know the sort of hot water--
我很难做...
Yes, but I need you on the ticket
是的 但是我需要你作为竞选伙伴
to balance our stance on guns.
来平衡我们对待枪♥支♥的立场
We have to appeal to the Republicans as well.
我们还要争取共和党的支持
And look, I'm not asking you to get behind the bill,
我不要求你支持法案
just not to publicly trash it.
只要不公然反对它就好
I know this is an important issue to you.
我知道这对您很重要
It is important,
确实很重要
but not as much as an experienced
但不如一名经验丰富
leader who can deliver Ohio.
能拿下俄亥俄的领导人重要
Then consider me on board, sir.
那么我同意了 先生
We're not sure we can get this to the floor before the election.
我们不确定能在竞选前进入投票
That's the deal we made.
我们有言在先
You get Austen, we get the gun bill.
奥斯汀的事如你们的愿 法案的事如我们的愿
We need a strong Senate version first,
我们首先需要一份强势的参议院版本
so we don't have two weak bills going into reconciliation.
这样才能避免两部无力的法案相互调和
You want Austen, you will make this bill a reality.
你们想要奥斯汀 就要让法案通过
Or, we can revisit the choice for running mate.
或者 我们可以重新考虑竞选伙伴的人选
No... let us see what we can do.
别 让我们想想办法吧
I'll call Mitchell.
我打给米切尔
Gentlemen,
各位
the future vice president.
有请未来的副总统
Congratulations, Dean. Thank you very much.
恭喜 迪恩 非常感谢
Welcome. Thank you. Mrs. Underwood.
欢迎 谢谢 安德伍德夫人
Nice to meet you. Very nice to meet you.
认识你很高兴 我也是
So, how's it going in here?
你们这边怎么样了
Well, I think we're in alignment. Wouldn't you say?
我们算是达成共识了 是吧
It's been a productive meeting.
这次会面很有成效
So, let's talk about when we should announce.
来谈谈什么时候宣布吧
I, uh, I need to soften the blow to the NRA
正式宣布之前 我得安抚一下
before we go public.
全国步♥枪♥协会那边
It's imperative we keep a lid on this.
一定要保守秘密
No leaks until we're ready.
决不能提前泄露
Just the four of us in this room.
只有我们四个知情
And Claire, of course.
当然还有克莱尔
Well, I need to go do this quick interview.
我有个简单采访要做
Um, let me know how it goes with Mitchell.
米切尔那边的进展回头通知我
All right, I'm sure you have some--
好了 你肯定有
Oh, leave that open. It gets so stuffy in here.
开着吧 屋里太憋了
Let's discuss the timing.
来讨论一下时间吧
Was it you or the First Lady?
是你还是第♥一♥夫♥人♥的主意
First Lady all the way. She thinks she can win me over?
完全是第♥一♥夫♥人♥ 她觉得可以把我争取过去
She knows you'll hit harder than anyone else.
她知道你下手肯定最重
If she's still standing by the end, maybe the bill has sea legs.
如果她能坚持到最后 那法案或许就能成
Kate. Good morning, Mrs. Underwood.
凯特 早上好 安德伍德夫人
How about we talk in the Roosevelt Room?
我们去罗斯福室谈吧
Support in the House is already wavering.
国会的态度已经摇摆不定了
The public's losing interest in guns.
公众对枪的兴趣也在减少
Don't you want to wait until we sit down?
不等坐下再谈吗
Your staff only scheduled an hour. I want to make the most of it.
我只有一小时的时间 得充分利用
Oh, it's being used.
被占了
Let's find somewhere else.
换个地方吧
Kate?
凯特
Well, historically, gun reform comes and goes in waves,
纵观历史 枪♥支♥改革的呼声潮起潮落
as you know, so I believe this time, it can be truly different.
你也知道 我认为这次真的会不一样
All the data's filtered here, within these walls.
数据全部在这里进行过滤
My analysts do a first pass, but ultimately,
分♥析♥师先初步过滤 最终
I do the final round myself.
由我做最后的筛选
Our biggest concern is security.
我们最关心的是安全问题
Top-grade firewall, same as you guys use at NSA headquarters.
顶级防火墙 跟国安局总部的一样
What about internal security?
内部安全呢
I'm the only one with full access.
只有我一个有全部权限
So, if you do find anything,
你要是真发现了什么
how do you communicate that to us in a secure way?
怎么安全地转达给我们呢
In person.
亲自
I'll come to Fort Meade myself, or you come here.
我亲自去米德堡 或是你过来
No hardware leaves the premises.
设备不带出去
Can you walk us through how the filtering algorithms work?
能讲讲你们的过滤算法吗
We'll take firearms, for instance.
拿枪♥支♥为例吧
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表