剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
that hurts us.
这对我们没有好处
I gave you a task.
这是我给你的任务
And I'll keep at it.
我继续查
Nice coverage on the liver thing this morning.
今早捐肝的新闻做得漂亮
I emailed you some links.
我给你发了些链接
Boys are older now, both married.
孩子们都大了 结婚了
Got a third grandkid on the way.
第三个孙子也要出世了
We don't get out to the lake much these days.
如今我们不怎么去湖边了
Washington takes its toll.
混首都圈代价不小啊
It sure does.
那是自然
I've made a lot of sacrifices over the years, Mrs. Underwood.
我这些年牺牲了不少 安德伍德夫人
Time with my boys, that's a big one.
最主要的就是没时间陪孩子
Who knows if I'll win, but I'm in the mix.
我不知道能不能赢 但我参与进来了
And I can't sacrifice this opportunity
我不能牺牲这次机会
to pave the way for Cathy Durant.
为凯茜·杜兰特铺路
You won't win, Senator. We both know that.
你赢不了的 参议员 你我都清楚
But I can't help her.
可我不能帮她
Now, I realize you two don't get along.
我知道你们两个有分歧
She despises me.
她看不惯我
And I have to say, the feeling is mutual.
而老实说 我对她也是一样
Well, listen The moment she became Secretary of State,
听着 她一就任国务卿
she got the Republicans to
她就让共和党人
remove me from the Foreign Relations Committee.
把我从外事委员会赶出来了
And Francis was very upset about that.
弗兰西斯对此很不高兴
But that was the past.
可这都是过去的事了
Let's talk about the future.
我们还是放眼未来吧
This support for Claire, it's caught us both off guard.
党内对克莱尔如此支持 你我都没想到
But you are my choice for vice president.
但我要你来做副总统
Nothing has changed on that front.
这一点不会变
Well, my only concern are the rumors.
我只是担心那些传言
They could damage my chances.
的确会威胁我的胜算
Yes. And we'll do what we can to combat those.
是 我们会想办法应对的
That's what Claire said, too, and it's much appreciated.
克莱尔也是这么说的 我很感激
But, if, and-- Oh, God, it's a big if.
但是如果 仅仅是如果
But what if...
但是如果
support for Claire picks up steam...
对克莱尔的支持成了气候
Well, you don't actually think that will happen?
你不是真以为有这可能吧
Oh, no. I mean, a First Lady as VP?
当然不了 第♥一♥夫♥人♥哪能当副总统
No.
怎么会
The party wants someone with experience, and so does the country.
党内想要个有经验的人 人♥民♥也是
Absolutely.
那是当然
But... it is an open convention,
但这次是开放党代会
and so we have to operate
所以我们必须
with the belief that anything could happen.
准备应对一切可能发生的情况
I mean, the press is certainly enjoying imagining it.
媒体是对这个想法十分感兴趣
Well, sure. It makes for a good story.
那可不 这种头条赚销量呢
Yeah, and it's the kind of coverage that we can't really control.
而这种新闻我们也没办法控制
You know, I mean,
我是说
these things have a way of taking on a life of their own.
这种风声会自己落地生根
Like the Zoe Barnes story
就像佐伊·巴恩斯的报道
did about my nomination for Secretary of State.
影响了我担任国务卿的提名
Except that one we planted.
只不过那是我们设计好的
And this one you didn't. No, absolutely not!
这次你没有吗 当然没有
I mean, Claire was mortified by those votes.
克莱尔都不知道怎么回应这些支持票
What you're saying is if the coverage influences enough people...
你是说 如果新闻报道影响了足够多的人
Well, we have to be prepared for that.
我们必须有所准备
I mean...
当然了
of course, politically, it would be a disaster.
从政♥治♥角度讲 这简直是灾难
Maybe, maybe not.
也许是 也许不是
You don't think so?
你觉得不一定吗
Well, personally, I think Claire would do an excellent job.
我个人觉得克莱尔会非常称职
Well, I am very surprised to hear you say that.
你这么说我实在是没想到
You don't believe she would?
你不相信她会吗
Well, I've just never really considered it.
我只是从来没这么想过
The First Lady? As vice president?
第♥一♥夫♥人♥ 当副总统
Well, 251 delegates think it's a good idea.
有251个党代表支持这个想法
Well, most of those were from Texas, which was a lark.
他们大多来自德州 那只是玩笑
Was it?
是吗
I have as many delegates as you do, Senator.
支持我的党代表不比你少 参议员
But if you start pushing yours my way... You double.
但如果你开始支持我 你得票翻倍
And take the lead.
并且票数最多
And then Cathy puts you over the top. That's the idea.
然后凯茜再支持你获得提名 就是这样
So she's in on this?
她也支持你吗
She will be.
她会的
Well, let's say Claire does take the lead,
假设克莱尔真的票数领先
however unlikely that may be...
先不管可能性有多大吧
Very unlikely, I would say. Well, let's say she does.
我看基本不可能 先假设她领先了
What do you propose?
你打算怎么办
I honestly don't know.
我还真不知道
Well, you'd have to support her, wouldn't you?
你肯定得支持她吧
You... you can't abandon your own wife.
你总不能抛弃自己的妻子
Uh, true, but I can't abandon you either.
那倒是 可我也不能放弃你啊
Well, if she took the lead,
如果她真的领先了
I suppose I'd have to support her, too.
我想我也得支持她了
No, I would never ask you to do that.
我绝不会要求你做那样的事
But you don't have to ask. We're on the same team here.
你不必要求我 我们是一边的
Well, to be perfectly blunt...
那我就直接问了
what's in it for me?
我有什么好处
What would it take?
你想要什么好处
You're doing the selling. Make me an offer.
来推销的是你 你说说吧
Let's say Claire gets it.
假设克莱尔成功了
I assume I stay on, if you get the general.
如果你赢了的话 我可以留任吧
Oh, absolutely.
那肯定
I cannot imagine the next
我可不敢想像
four years without you being my Secretary of...
接下来的四年里没有你来当美国的...
...State.
国务卿
You'd give me Cathy's job?
你要把凯茜的工作给我
We're prepared to.
我们是这么打算的
Doug. Madam Secretary.
道格 国务卿女士
We have an issue, sir.
出了个问题 先生
When I first warned the president that ICO would grow,
当我最早警告总统哈里发国会不断壮大
and grow quickly, he did nothing.
并迅速扩张时 他什么都没做
Yesterday, the leaders of ICO sent out this tweet.
昨天哈里发国领袖发了这条推特
"As Suwar is ours.
"苏瓦尔已被我们夺下
Soon heads will roll into the Euphrates."
幼发拉底河将被鲜血染红"
That wasn't just in Arabic, that was in English,
那不是用阿♥拉♥伯文写的 而是英语
and sent out in 16 other languages.
以及其他16种语言
They're media savvy, they're recruiting around the globe.
他们善用媒体攻势 在全球范围内招募人手
They have the money and the manpower now.
他们现在资金和人手都很充裕
Once they get to the Euphrates,
一旦他们进入幼发拉底河流域
they'll have a choke hold on northern Syria.
他们将扼住北叙利亚的命门
We must act, Mr. President, and we must act now.
我们必须采取行动 总统先生 马上行动
Normally, there's a tradition of sportsmanship
一般来说 党代会有种
when it comes to conventions.
传统的竞争精神
One candidate lays low
一名候选人保持低调
so the other gets his or her moment in the spotlight.
让另一名候选人得到最大关注
But not only is the president
但是总统不仅
ignoring a great threat to the world's security,
在无视一个重大的世界安全威胁
he's insulted the one man who stood up and spoke out for us all.
他还侮辱了唯一站出来为我们大声疾呼的人
When this profile came out
这篇详细阐述了
about everything the general just mentioned,
将军刚刚所说的内容的专访发行后
the White House said that he was politicizing terrorism.
白宫竟然指责他利用恐♥怖♥主♥义♥做政♥治♥文章
And when I announced that General Brockhart
而当我宣布布洛哈特将军
was going to be my running mate,
将成为我的竞选伙伴后
the president's campaign said, and I quote,
总统竞选团队竟称 我原话引用
"It's a shame the general traded in patriotism for careerism."
"为将军拿爱国换仕途的行径感到惋惜"
Now, I don't call that very sportsmanlike.
这可实在是称不上竞争精神
I call it disgraceful.
这就是下作
How many wars has the president fought for his country?
总统为这个国家打过几场仗
I think we all know, none.
我们都知道 一次都没有
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表