剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Uh, hold on. What change of plans?
等等 什么计划有变
We're taking you back to the White House.
我们带您回白宫
No, we're going to Andrews.
不 我们得去安德鲁斯机场
I'm sorry, this is direct from the president.
抱歉 这是总统的直接命令
This is not gonna be as difficult as it seems.
这不会像看上去那么困难
Now, Terry's gonna be in touch with Veteran Affairs
泰瑞明天一早就跟退伍军人事务处
first thing tomorrow to draft an amendment.
那边接触 起草修正案
And if the Republicans give us any resistance in committee,
如果共和党在委员会那里给我们阻力
I'll start making calls.
我就开始打电♥话♥找人
No reason why this can't get to the floor
本轮会议结束之前
before the end of the session.
完全可以呈递给国会
Well, thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢你 总统先生
Thank yourself. You played this well.
谢你自己 你这手玩得漂亮
How did you play it?
你怎么玩的
Well, now, that's our little secret, isn't it?
那是我们的小秘密了
I'll walk you out.
我送你出去
Uh, Mr. President, I got this.
总统先生 我来吧
Oh, Claire.
克莱尔
Didn't the president make the most wonderful speech?
总统的讲话多棒啊
Oh, he certainly did.
是啊
And I thank you for convincing the president
多谢你说服总统
to mention Celia in his remarks.
在讲话中提到西莉娅
Well, it was my pleasure.
不客气
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Good night, Claire.
晚安 克莱尔
We had a deal.
我们说好的
I showed up.
我来了
And used that opportunity to undermine the campaign.
却利用这个机会给我的竞选拆台
Why didn't you just ask me?
你为什么不问我
If you needed the clinic to convince Doris--
如果你需要用诊所说服桃瑞丝
You don't want me to run, Francis.
你根本不希望我竞选 弗兰西斯
That's right, I don't. But we'd reached an understanding.
是的 我不希望 但我们已经达成谅解了
I think you said what you wanted me to hear.
我觉得你就是说了你想让我听到的
Well, then you misread me.
那你误解我了
I am looking out for myself. Just like you are.
我是在替自己着想 你也一样
And where did that get you,
你为自己着想
looking out for yourself instead of looking out for us?
而不是为我们两人着想的下场又如何
The 30th is dead now. You know that.
30选区现在没希望了 你明白的
You think I'm giving up?
你觉得我会放弃吗
What, you're gonna run against the Joneses?
怎么 你要跟琼斯母女竞争吗
You'll make a fool of yourself, Claire.
你会出丑的 克莱尔
The odds were against you even with their blessing.
即便他们支持你 你的胜算都不大
Now, I hoped you'd reach that conclusion on your own.
我本希望你自己能明白
But instead, you lied to me.
但你却对我撒谎
Now, I can't force you to see reason.
我没法逼你想通道理
But I will not allow you to become dangerous.
但我不允许你成为隐患
I'll take one.
我也来一杯
Take mine.
喝我的吧
Claire, look...
克莱尔 听我说
When I win the general, then we can concentrate
我赢下大选后 我们就可以专注于
on a Senate seat for you in Texas.
为你在德州赢得参议员席位
You don't want to be in the House, anyway.
你反正也不会想待在众议院
And neither of us could have predicted a Heather Dunbar,
我们两人都没想到会出现海瑟·邓巴
or how formidable she'd be.
那么厉害的对手
We are fighting for our lives here.
我们现在是在搏命
And when you run, you wanna do so from a position of strength.
等你竞选 你会希望处于有利地位
It's about timing.
关键在于时机
Maybe it's too soon. Maybe you're right.
或许是太早了 或许你是对的
But I need to think.
但我得想想
Fair enough.
好吧
I can't do that here.
我不能在这儿想
Back in Texas?
回德州吗
I'm not sure how long I'll need.
我不确定我得想多久
Well, take as long as you want.
需要多久都行
I should get going.
我该走了
It's late. You sure you don't want to spend the night?
已经挺晚了 你确定你不想留下过夜吗
Well, Mother was expecting me. All right.
母亲还在等我回去 好吧
I'll walk myself out. You enjoy your drink.
我自己出去 你继续喝吧
You know, there was a boy
以前有个男孩
that lived down the street from me in Gaffney.
就住在我加夫尼老家一个街区外的地方
About my age. His name was Walter Wryson.
跟我年纪差不多 他叫沃特·莱森
He used to run away from home all the time and come to our house.
他以前经常从家里跑出来 来我们家
Not for any good reason.
并没什么充分的缘由
His daddy didn't beat him. He had clothes on his back.
他爸爸不打他 也不愁吃穿
The Wrysons had way more money than we did,
莱森一家比我们有钱多了
but run away he would,
但他还是要逃家
at least once a month and come straight to our place.
每个月至少一次 直接跑来我们家
Now, usually, my mother would call his mother
一般 我母亲会打给他母亲
and she'd come and fetch him.
然后她就会来接他
But about the ninth or tenth time this happened,
但到了第九第十次时
Walter ran outside, climbed up into a tree in our backyard,
沃特跑到外面 爬上了我们后院的一棵树
and wouldn't come down for nothing.
无论如何不肯下来
Now, my mama said to his mama,
我妈妈跟他妈妈说
"Why don't you let us keep him for a while,
"你让他在我们这儿待会儿吧
until he feels like coming home?"
直到他肯回家了"
But man, oh, man, that boy was stubborn.
但是 那小子可真是倔
Night came, and he was still up there.
到了晚上 他还在树上
No food, no water... no toilet.
不吃不喝 不拉屎
And just before I went to bed,
我去睡觉之前
I looked out my window and I heard him crying.
我往窗外看 听到了他的哭声
And I said, "Walter, why don't you come on down?"
我说 "沃特 你为什么不下来呢"
And he just shook his head no.
他就摇头 不肯
Well, the next morning, I woke up, I looked out the window
第二天早晨 我醒来 往窗外一看
and Walter was still up in that tree.
沃特还在树上
So after breakfast, I walked over with a plate of eggs...
于是早饭之后 我拿着一盘鸡蛋过去
and I asked him if he wanted some.
问他是否想来点
And again, he just shook his head.
他又摇头
And I got angry.
我生气了
That boy had a good house, a good family,
那小子有个好房♥子 好家庭
the sort I would've killed for,
我求之不得的那种
and he didn't even realize it.
他自己却不自知
So I went into the tool shed and I took out an ax.
于是我去工具棚 拿来把斧子
And I said to Walter...
我对沃特说
"You want to know what it's really like to live at my house?"
"你想知道住在我家究竟是什么感觉吗"
And I gave that tree a good whack.
我一顿狂砍那棵树
And Walter cried out, but I kept on.
沃特大喊 但我没停手
I mean, you've never heard
你从没听过
screams like the one coming from Walter
我砍树时 沃特发出的
as I chopped at that tree.
那样的尖叫
He pissed his pants,
他都尿裤子了
and it came raining down on the ground,
淋了下来
but I didn't pay it no mind.
但我毫不在乎
I just kept whacking away.
我还继续砍
Well...
于是
it didn't take long before Walter was on the ground
没过多久沃特就下来了
and running back to his house.
跑回了自己家
You see, all he needed was a little motivation.
瞧 他不过就是需要点动力
So I'll give Claire some time.
所以我可以给克莱尔时间
But for her sake,
但为了她好
I hope she comes out of her tree
希望她能在我拿出斧子之前
before I have to bring out my ax.
就从她的树上下来
He wants me to hold off for Senate.
他要我等着竞选参议员
I told him I would think about it.
我告诉他我会考虑的
So it's over? Oh, no, it's not over.
那么结束了吗 不 没结束
He endorsed Celia on national television.
他在全国电视上表示支持西莉娅
Forget the 30th.
别去想30选区了
We need to think bigger. This cycle.
我们得往大想 就在本轮
Then we need to talk seriously about my compensation.
那我们得好好谈谈我的酬金问题了
He on? Yes, sir.
接通了吗 是 先生
I'm ready.
我准备好了
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表