剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
It's still a tug-of-war I have no wish to be part of.
我估计你从艾米莉亚小姐那里接手后
Well, my guess is, when you take delivery from Miss Amelia
估计连张圣诞贺卡都别想收到了
you'll be lucky if you see a Christmas card.
-你明晚前能准备好吗 -只是一对夫妇
- Can you be ready by tomorrow night? - Oh, it's just one couple.
房♥子修缮得很漂亮
Well, the house has been beautifully finished.
这点毋庸置疑
No doubt about that.
但还有很多需要考虑的
But there is a lot to think about.
你不提供晚餐吧
You don't offer dinner, do you?
他们要是想吃晚餐可以去酒馆
No, if they need dinner, they can go to the pub.
当我想把早餐做成本店特色
But I would like to make a thing of my breakfasts.
想打出名声
I want a reputation for them.
这对你来说是小菜一碟
You'll manage that easily enough.
明天我还会来
I'm here again tomorrow,
或许周四早上也来一趟
but should I come back on Thursday morning?
主人一家应该还在伦敦
The family will still be in London,
黛西一个人能做好仆人早餐
and Daisy could easily do the servants' hall breakfast.
我不反对
I have no objection.
对了 和卡森先生的晚饭
Now, dinner with Mr Carson.
明晚他们不在时做吧
Why not tomorrow night when they're away?
终于能有次正点吃晚饭了
I suppose we could eat at a normal time, for once.
是可以 也不可以
Ah, well, you could and you couldn't...
因为我有个主意
because I've had an idea.
-你好 陌生人 -我待一会儿就走
- Oh, hello, stranger. - I'm not really here.
我明天去布鲁克兰看比赛
I'm racing at Brooklands tomorrow,
我想来看看有什么新动向没有
and I thought I'd pop in and see what's new.
没什么
Not much.
不过 今天有人提了个建议
Oh, although, we have had an offer today.
我还打算问你的看法
I was going to ask you what you thought.
她叫卡珊德拉·琼斯
Er, her name is Miss Cassandra Jones.
她觉得我们该设个建议专栏
She thinks we ought to have an advice column.
她来给出建议吗
With her dispensing it?
是的 我得说
Yes, but I must say
她给的小样还挺有趣的
her samples are quite funny.
"你丈夫对你失去了兴趣吗
"Your husband is losing interest?
第一步 照照镜子"
Well, here's step one. Take a look in the mirror."
你究竟提议什么
What are you proposing?
我们编些问题 让她写回复
We'll invent some problems, she can write the answers,
看看公众是否喜欢
then see how the public likes it.
答读者问专栏倒也不新鲜了
There's nothing new in an agony column, of course,
但这在美国可很受欢迎
but they're very popular in America,
那么在这里也可能火起来
which means they're due a revival here.
我们要面试她吗
Should we interview her?
先等等 真决定做了再说吧
No, let's leave it until we decide to go forward.
我觉得值得一试
I think it's worth a try.
我还从未近距离看过赛车呢
I've never seen motor racing close up.
我姐姐的新男友是赛车手 你也来吧
My sister's new boyfriend drives. Why not come?
-不太合适吧 -我是你的雇主
- I'm not sure I should. - Well, I'm your employer,
我要是觉得没事 就没事
so if I think it's all right then it must be.
你可以见见我的家人 如果你够坚强的话
You can meet my family, if you're strong enough.
看看这一桌
Looking round the table,
我在想我们是不是该开放格兰瑟姆大宅
I wonder if we ought to have opened Grantham House.
我觉得有点愧疚
I feel rather guilty.
别啊 我知道那多麻烦
Oh, don't. I know what a palaver it is.
而且 现在都没什么仆人了
More so, now there's no real staff.
我们认识的人基本都要卖♥♥掉他们的伦敦宅邸
Almost everyone we know is selling their London house.
但这我说了不算
But I suppose that's not for me to say.
我回家时路过了德文郡大宅的原址
I went past the site of Devonshire House on my way home.
那里在兴建什么大东西呢
There's something vast going up in its place.
公♥寓♥ 办公室和商场
Flats and offices and salerooms.
如今人不想住大宫殿了
People don't want vast palaces any more,
就算是负担得起
even if they can afford them.
但那多好玩啊
They were fun, though.
我年轻时 那些大宅子
In my youth, all the great hostesses
每天都摆下能招待二十人的午宴
used to have luncheon laid for 20 every day.
你如果到得及时 坐下就能好好吃一顿
And if you turned up in time, you just sat down to a lovely feed.
抱歉 罗斯孟德夫人
I'm so sorry, Lady Rosamund,
我以为晚餐这会儿都结束了
I thought dinner would be finished.
是该结束了 我们走吧
And so it should be. We'll go through.
除非男生们想留下谈谈赛车
Unless the boys prefer to stay and talk racing cars.
-我更想加入女士们 -像拜伦勋爵那样吗
- I think I'd rather join the ladies. - Like Lord Byron?
汤姆 多谢你把他们都叫来了 谢谢
Well done, Tom, for rounding them all up. I'm very grateful.
没事 我跟你一样期待呢
Don't be. I'm as keen as you are.
太明显了吧 晚饭后不请自来
It's a bit obvious. Dropping in uninvited after dinner.
希望够明显
I hope it is obvious.
希望大家都明白我想加入这个家庭
Obvious that I want to be a part of this family.
这事我没话语权吗
Don't I have a say in the matter?
我希望你身边的人都在议论"他可真帅啊"
I want to surround you with people murmuring, "isn't he divine?"
或是"你不留住他可就太傻了"
or "You'd be mad to let him go."
万一他们说"我没想到你会看上
Suppose they say, "I shouldn't have thought a racing driver
赛车手"呢
was your sort of thing at all"?
他们不必那么说 你已经说了
They don't have to, you've already said it.
明天要来的人
I'm afraid there's a list as long as
能写你一胳膊呢
your arm of people who are coming tomorrow.
告诉我有谁 我会安排的
Just give me the list and I'll sort it out.
你介意我没告诉你就邀请了你家人吗
Did you mind my inviting your family without telling you?
我这不是来了吗
I'm here, aren't I?
我们去喝咖啡吧
Let's get some coffee.
你为考试做好准备了吗
Are you prepared for your exams?
-已经尽全力了 -那就足够了
- I've done as much as I'm able. - No-one can say more.
老实说 我对此并不是完全赞同
I confess, I wasn't always sure about it,
但既然你都走到了这一步
but now you've got there,
好样的 我祝你好运
well done. I wish you every good fortune.
不知她今后又会有什么成就
I wonder where she'll go from here.
格温的到来不是让我们知道
Doesn't Gwen's visit show us that
在新世纪 一切皆有可能吗
in the new century anything is possible?
你呢 莫斯利先生 你准备好了吗
And what about you, Mr Molesley, are you ready?
应该是的 也就那样了
I think so, hmm. Ready as I'll ever be.
我会带着午餐去找你 黛西和道斯先生
I'll walk down with some lunch for you and Daisy and Mr Dawes.
-不非得的 -我乐意去
- Oh, you don't have to. - No, I'd like to.
我帮你一把吧
I'll give you a hand.
巴罗先生 你明天空闲时间打算做什么
Mr Barrow, what are you doing with your free time tomorrow?
浏览招聘启事 休斯太太 还能做什么
Scanning the jobs column, Mrs Hughes, what else?
嗯 这就行了
There, that's got it.
你应该没问题了
I think you're all set.
-这车不错 -看来我们需要你加入啊 汤姆
- It's a good car. - Clearly, we need you on the team, Tom.
别勾我 亨利
Don't tempt me, Henry.
-这是谁 -劳拉·埃德蒙斯 我的编辑
- Who's this? - Laura Edmunds, my editor.
劳拉 这是汤姆·布兰森 我妹夫
Laura, this is Tom Branson, my brother-in-law,
还有风云人物 亨利·塔伯特先生
and the man of the hour, Mr Henry Talbot.
-你好 -我姐姐 玛丽
- Hello. - My sister, Mary.
我父母 你自己分得出了
These are my parents. You can sort them out in your own time.
终于见到你了 真高兴
Nice to meet you at last.
格兰瑟姆伯爵 格兰瑟姆夫人
Lord Grantham, Lady Grantham.
这是查理·罗杰斯 他是亨利车队的
This is Charlie Rogers. He drives on Henry's team.
亨利车队啊
Henry's team, is it?
我可是次次都打得他落花流水呢
When I beat him into a cocked hat every time.
他就是显摆 我比他快
Oh, he's just showing off. I'm faster,
比他年轻 比他厉害
I'm younger and better.
但不是在赛车场上
But not at driving.
真希望我能帮上更多忙
I wish there was something more I could do to be useful.
-给我们助威就好 汤姆 -这不用说
- Oh, just cheer, Tom. - I don't have to be asked.
真不知我何必费这心 我根本咽不下去
I don't know why I'm doing this. I can't even swallow.
真是好排场 跟平时大不一样呢
It's all terribly swank, not a bit what we're used to.
-是吗 -一般就是油渍斑斑的三明治
- No? - Normally, it's an oil-stained sandwich
和一瓶汽水
and a bottle of pop.
我很高兴我们带来了一些改进
Well, I'm glad to think we've brought an improvement.
谢谢
Thank you.
我的火车在隧♥道♥里停了一小时
My train sat in a tunnel for an hour.
不管怎样 我是来了
Anyway, I'm here now.
来见见埃德蒙斯小姐吧
Come and meet Miss Edmunds.
做位女编辑难吗
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表