剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
You're married and that means you never have to cry alone again.
我昨晚告诉了玛丽小姐
I told Lady Mary last night.
她当然很好心 但这又激起了我的伤心事
She was kind, of course, but it just brought it all back.
你想过领养孩子吗
Have you ever thought about adoption?
有 但是...我觉得你不会开心的
Yes, but...I don't believe it would work for you.
你很传统 贝茨先生
You're tribal, Mr Bates,
只认少数人
and the tribe doesn't have a lot of members.
你想要自己的孩子 别人的不行
You want your own child. No substitute will do.
那你想要什么
But what do YOU want?
看吧 你没否认 就说明了心意
See. You gave yourself away by not denying it.
我们要学会知足常乐
We must learn to be content as we are...
这对我来说很容易
..which is easy for me.
但我不能给你你想要的东西
But it's my fault, not yours,
是我的错 不是你的错
that I can't give you what you need.
在我眼中 我们是一个人 这个人没法生孩子
To me, we are one person and that person can't have children.
我爱你
I love you.
我当然知道你做头发或者等牙医时
Of course I understand you may have read many magazines
可能看过很多杂♥志♥
whilst having your hair done or waiting for the dentist,
但那不代表你就成了编杂♥志♥的专家
but that does not mean you're an expert in how to produce them!
你不用这么大声 我又不聋
You know, there is no need to shout, I am not deaf.
真的吗 你确定吗
Oh, really? Are you sure?
你看上去就是很难
Because you seem to have such difficulty
听懂我说的话
in hearing what I am saying.
-这里比报纸上说的要干燥 -对
- It's drier than they said it would be in the newspapers. - Yes.
现在晴朗多了 不是吗
It's brightening up, isn't it?
-走吧 -我们去吃午餐 吃完你可以回来
- Let's go. - We'll have lunch and then you can come back.
没必要了
There's no point.
-这人真糟 -听上去不好安抚
- What a terrible man. - He didn't sound very conciliatory.
实际上 我来伦敦就是来找骂
The truth is, I've come up to London to have my nose bitten off
这还不算完
and that's not all.
妈妈打电♥话♥来
Mama telephoned.
玛丽今天带玛丽戈德去德鲁家的农场了
Mary took Marigold to the Drewes' farm today.
我知道她有这打算
I knew she was planning it.
那你为什么不阻止她
Well, why didn't you stop her?
怎么阻止 乔治一心想去看猪
Well, how? George was aching to see the pigs
我能有什么理由叫玛丽戈德不去
and what possible reason could I give for stopping Marigold?
你可以说这会让德鲁太太难过
Well, you could've said it would upset Mrs Drewe.
玛丽会不会奇怪我为什么要小题大做
Wouldn't Mary have wondered why I was making such a thing of it?
你总得告诉她实情的
You're going to have to tell her one day.
为什么啊
I don't see why.
奶奶怎么样
How's Granny?
准备打内战呢
Embarking on a civil war.
他们想改变当地医院的经管方式
They want to change the way they run the local hospital.
改变 妈妈不会喜欢的
Change? Mama won't like that.
她和克拉克森医生一个阵营 医生也不乐意
She's in one camp with Dr Clarkson, who isn't a fan either,
伊泽贝尔是另一个阵营
and Isobel's in the other.
那你父母呢
And your parents?
妈妈站在伊泽贝尔一边 爸爸不想选边站
Mama agrees with Isobel. Papa doesn't want to take sides.
以我对奶奶的了解 你♥爸♥必须选
Well, if I know Granny, he'll have to.
这么说你是唐顿庄园的副管家
So you're under butler at Downton Abbey.
对 我在那里工作了很久
Yes, I've been there for a long time.
十五年前我刚去时 是初级男仆
I first arrived as a junior footman about 15 years ago.
-恍如隔世啊 -是啊
- Another world. - So it seems.
当然 期间我离开了一阵去打仗
Of course, I was away at the war in the middle of that.
现在为什么要离开呢
Why are you leaving now?
似乎是该做些改变的时候了
It seems like the right time for a move.
是吗 真的吗
Does it? Does it, indeed?
摩尔先生 请说说助理管家究竟是做什么的
Tell me, Mr Moore, what exactly is an assistant butler?
我不太熟悉这个词
I'm not familiar with the term.
对 这是我们起的
No, well, we made it up.
那么助理管家的职责
So the duties of an assistant butler
和副管家是不一样的
are not the same as an under butler.
我觉得你得放低姿态了 巴罗先生
I think you have to climb down from that high horse, Mr Barrow.
现在是1925年
This is 1925.
我们需要你在必要时能当男仆
We'd need you to combine the duties of a footman - when needed
以及司机
- and a chauffeur.
这里没有司机吗
There's no chauffeur?
大多数时候他们都是自己开车
Well, they drive themselves most of the time
但是 如果他们参加晚宴什么的
but, should they need a chauffeur
需要司机 那么你就是司机
for evening parties and the like, that'd be you.
我明白了 我会开车 会一点
I see. Well, I can drive, just about.
就这样吗
Is that all?
你知道怎么做贴身男仆吗
Do you know how to valet?
老天 这工作还真是身兼数职
Goodness, this is a job for a one-man band.
你相貌挺出众啊 是吧
You're a delicate-looking fella, aren't you?
这我不敢说
I wouldn't say that.
-结婚了吗 -没有
- Are you married? - No.
为什么呢 一直没遇到合适的姑娘吗
Why would that be? Did the right girl never come along?
我想您知道男仆和管家没多少结婚的
I think you know that not many footmen or butlers are married.
那是以前
No, well, they didn't used to be.
可我结婚了
But I am.
行 巴罗先生 我问完了
All right, Mr Barrow, I've got enough.
等候通知吧
We'll let you know.
农场之行怎么样
How did the visit go?
乔治长大后要做猪倌
Well, George wants to be a pig farmer when he grows up.
德鲁先生还好吗
And Mr Drewe's well?
他对他的牲畜非常自豪
He's so proud of his animals.
德鲁太太在吗
Was Mrs Drewe there?
你今天问题真多
You're full of questions.
说实话 再见到玛丽戈德她有些伤心
To be honest, she was quite upset at seeing Marigold again.
我本以为这样做挺好
I thought it would be a nice gesture
但或许 是我考虑不周
but, perhaps, I was being insensitive.
女人要是爱一个孩子 就不该骨肉分离
When a woman loves a child, it must stay with her.
大概是吧
I suppose so.
说到这个
That reminds me...
你昨晚跟我说的那件事
You know what you told me, last night?
嗯
Yes.
希望你能让我帮忙
I want you to let me help.
您真好 小姐 谢谢
That's so nice, milady, thank you,
但没什么可帮的
but there's nothing to be done -
这并不属实
That's not true.
还是有办法的
Well, that's not necessarily true.
我想你可能忘了 在我结婚之初
I think you've forgotten that, when I was first married,
我也一度怀不上
I couldn't get pregnant, either.
没错 但是 我...
Yes, but you see, I -
听我说 我去找了哈利街的赖德医生
Listen. So I went to a Dr Ryder in Harley Street.
他发现我需要做个小手术
He found I needed a tiny operation,
我做完 就怀上乔治了
I had it and George is the result.
我觉得这没有用
I don't think there's any point
光想是没用 你并不能确定
There's no point in thinking, you don't know.
我要带你去伦敦
I'm going to take you up to London,
我们去见赖德医生 听听他怎么说
we'll meet Dr Ryder and listen to what he has to say.
然后我们再看
Then we'll see.
可那得花多少钱
But what would that cost?
我不能让您替我支付
I couldn't accept it from you.
别傻了 这是你应得的
Don't be silly, you've earned it fair and square,
替我保守秘密 藏那可怕的荷兰玩意
keeping my secrets, hiding that fearful Dutch thingamajig,
大半夜在走廊上抬可怜的帕努克先生
carrying poor Mr Pamuk down the gallery in the dead of night.
我们一同经历了很多 对吧 小姐
We have had our moments haven't we, milady?
那是当然
We certainly have.
这会是我们下一个共同经历
And this is our next moment.
我会打电♥话♥预约的
I'll telephone and make an appointment.
非常感谢您
I do appreciate it.
肯定没用 但也没关系
It won't work, but that's not the point.
我这辈子没有人比您对我更好了
Nobody in my whole life has been kinder to me than you have.
除了贝茨先生
Except for Mr Bates.
除了贝茨先生
Except for Mr Bates.
很高兴这事说定了
I'm glad that's settled.
你会告诉他吗
Will you tell him?
先不
Not yet.
他会抱太大希望
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表