剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
这有什么关系
What does that matter?
重点是约克郡皇家医院
The fact is that the Royal Yorkshire County Hospital
想接管我们的小医院
wants to take over our little hospital,
这也太过分了
which is outrageous.
-但并没那么简单 -怎么不简单了
- But it's not as simple as that. - Why not?
这也许会对村子有好处
Because there may be benefits for the village.
如果我们达成这样的合作关系
If we form such a partnership,
我们的病患就能用上更现代化的设备
our patients would have access to more modern equipment,
能接受更先进的治疗
to more advanced treatments.
我们集资会更有效率
Our fundraising would be more efficient.
而集资的代价是彻底失去控制权
And the price of the fundraising would be to lose all control,
成为约克不知名的委员会的工具
and to become the tools of a faceless committee in York.
到底哪样更重要 健康还是权力
What matters more? Health or power?
重要的是要有权力
What matters is to have power
维护我们自己的健康
over the maintenance of our own health.
-夫人们 别激动 -格兰瑟姆老夫人是对的
- Ladies, ladies, please... - Lady Grantham is right.
我们的自主♥权♥可不是什么想都不用想
Our independence is not something we should just abandon
就能随便放弃的东西
without a second thought.
你怎么知道的
How did you find out about this?
他们写信给我了
They wrote to me.
谁写的 我可是医院司务
Who did? I'm the hospital Almoner.
怎么没人写信给我
Nobody's written to me.
自从你接受了那职位
Ever since you took that position,
你语气就像是管事的一样
you talk as if you run the place.
本来就是我在经营
I do run the place!
至少我非常了解医院的方方面面
Or, at least, I know every detail of how it's run.
我理应知道任何改动建议
And I ought to be told about any proposed changes.
你现在知道了
You're being told now.
你要是非得知道的话
If you must know,
是约克委员会的一位朋友悄悄告诉我的
it was a friend, on the board in York, who whispered it to me.
他们很快就会写信告诉我们所有人了
They'll write to all of us soon.
那么 你想保护你的权力
So, you want to protect your power
不惜牺牲你的病患
at the expense of the patients.
而我想牺牲我的权力去保护病患
I want to protect the patients at the expense of my power.
但愿正确的人能获胜
And may the best man win.
很高兴我们意见一致
I'm glad we agree on this.
别小题大做了
Don't let's make too much of it.
我没事
I'm fine.
下午好
Good afternoon.
我要进去了
I'm going in.
我累死了
I'm completely whacked.
别告诉你母亲
Don't tell your mother.
一定给它好好按♥摩♥下 它表现得很好
Can you make sure he gets a proper rub-down? He did well.
好的 小姐
Yes, m'lady.
你是谁
Who are you?
丽塔·贝文
Rita Bevan.
您不认得我了吗 玛丽小姐 我可认识您
Don't you know me, Lady Mary? Cos I know you.
不 我不认得你
No. I do not know you.
那您也不记得
And I suppose you have forgotten
利物浦大饭店了吧 小姐
the Grand Hotel in Liverpool, too, m'lady?
还有您跟吉利安姆子爵共度的那些良宵
And your nights there with Viscount Gillingham?
我当时是客房♥女佣
I was a chambermaid.
但您这样的人应该会视我们为空气吧
But I suppose we're invisible to people like you.
这都是无稽之谈 你无凭无据
This is all nonsense. You've no proof.
别傻了 您可不知道我手里有什么
Don't be silly. You don't know what I've got.
首先 我有一页登记名册
To start with, I've got a page from the register.
那你就是个小偷
Then you are a thief.
没错 我就是小偷
Yes, I am a thief,
我要一千镑封口费
and I want a thousand pounds to keep my mouth shut.
荒唐
That's ridiculous.
那就等着瞧有多荒唐吧
We'll see how ridiculous it is.
我要走了 但我还会回来的
I'm going now, but I'll be back.
不必了
Don't bother.
你不是第一个想要勒索我的人
You're not the first person who's tried to blackmail me.
很高兴您熟悉套路
Well, I'm glad you know how it works.
如我所说 我还会回来的
And as I say, I will be back.
给你一便士 告诉我你在想什么
Penny for your thoughts.
我的念头可没那么值钱
They're not worth as much.
对我来说就值
They would be to me.
我累死了 给我来杯茶
I'm worn out. Give me some tea.
你让孩子们把你折腾坏了
You let those children run you ragged.
谢谢 玛丽戈德小姐从午餐时就一直在我背上
Thank you. I've had Miss Marigold on my back since luncheon.
那孩子多幸运啊
How lucky is that child?
这话从何说起
Why do you say that?
她是什么出身啊 一个农夫的女儿
Well, what was she? A farmer's daughter.
直到她入了伊迪丝小姐的法眼
Until she caught the eye of Lady Edith.
如今她会在一个大家族里成长
Now she'll grow up in the bosom of a great family
毫无疑问将过上富足的生活
and no doubt live her life accordingly.
我觉得玛丽戈德小姐不可能比这更幸福了
I don't believe Miss Marigold has any greater guarantee of happiness.
卡罗琳王后
是玛丽小姐打猎回来了
That's Lady Mary, back from the hunt.
我知道你不赞成 但如今这在伦敦很平常
I know you don't approve, but it's quite ordinary in London now.
就这样吗 老爷
Will that be all, my Lord?
是的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
不过...有一件事
At least...there is something.
这件事今后还要详谈
This is part of a larger conversation,
但回头我们得讨论一下
but at some point we need to discuss
唐顿未来的人员需求
future staffing requirements at Downton.
我们已经裁员不少了 老爷
We have cut down quite a bit, my Lord.
我们只有一个门童和两个女佣
We've only got one hall boy and two housemaids,
厨房♥佣人离开后 我们也没有再雇人
and as kitchen staff have left, we've not replaced them.
我知道 没必要大幅裁员
I know, and there's no need for anything drastic.
多亏卡劳利先生和布兰森先生 庄园收入不错
The estate's doing well, thanks to Mr Crawley and Mr Branson,
但我不希望和我的同僚步调不一
but I don't like to feel out of step with my fellow man.
事实上
As a matter of fact,
两位女佣都已经递交了辞呈
both the housemaids have handed in their notice.
我正要告诉您
I was going to tell you.
她们做得不开心吗 希望没有
Were they unhappy? I hope not.
不不不
No, no, no.
一个要去结婚 这我们早有所准备
One is leaving to get married, which we knew was coming,
而玛姬在一家商店里找了工作
and Madge has found a job in a shop.
比这儿的工作还好吗
Which is better than working here?
她说她的小情人希望她晚上可以休息
She says that her young man wants her to be free in the evenings.
我必须提醒您 老爷
I must ask you to remember, my Lord,
我刚来的时候
that there were six footmen
有六位男仆 五位女佣
when I first came here and five housemaids.
现在我们只有男女仆人各两位 没有厨房♥女佣
Now we've got to two of each and no kitchen maids at all.
我们必须妥当经营这个庄园
We must run this place as it should be run.
我不是要你挥舞镰刀大开杀戒
I'm not asking you to wield a scythe,
但如今谁家还有副管家
but, I mean, who has an under-butler these days?
如果我能阻止历史的进程 也许我会的
If I could stop history in its tracks, maybe I would.
但我不能 卡森
But I can't, Carson.
-你我都不能停住时光 -很不幸
- Nor you, nor I can hold back time. - Unfortunately.
老夫人到了 老爷
The Dowager Countess has arrived, my Lord.
她确实伺候过您吗
And she definitely waited on you?
那有什么所谓
Well, what does that matter?
她知道我和吉利安姆子爵一起去了那儿
She knows I was there with Lord Gillingham.
您要给她钱吗
Are you going to pay her?
一千镑 简直疯了
A thousand pounds? Don't be mad.
如果我给了 她只会再回来勒索
If I pay her, she'll only come back.
那您要怎么办
What will you do, then?
静观其变 到迫不得已时再说
Nothing, until I have to.
报纸为什么要刊登这种事啊
Why should a paper print it, anyway?
伯爵之女与已婚子爵幽会
'Earl's daughter in love tryst with married viscount'?
他那时还没结婚 我也没有
He wasn't married then. Nor was I.
但还是篇好新闻
It's still a good story.
好了 你的事呢 有什么新进展吗
Anyway, what about YOUR story? Is there any more news?
你一定还在保释期 否则你肯定告诉我了
You must still be on bail, or else you'd have told me.
可以说我们俩都是
We both are, in a way. At least,
我在保释期 他每天焦躁不安
I'm on bail and he's on tenterhooks,
直到他们决定是否可以控告我们其中的一个
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表