剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
但是 卡森 我想我得拒绝
But do you know, Carson, I think I'm going to have to say no.
-真的吗 老爷 -恐怕是的
- Really, my Lord? - I'm afraid so.
人有时得做出些牺牲
Sometimes in life sacrifices have to be made,
我也得接受现实
and I think the time has come for me to accept
不能再照老样子下去了
that I cannot go on as I used to.
我很遗憾 老爷
I am very sorry to hear you say so, My Lord.
我比你还遗憾
Not as sorry as I am.
说到必要的牺牲
And speaking of necessary sacrifices,
我躺着的时候想了很多
I've been thinking about things, lying here.
我们得开始精减仆人了
We must get on with simplifying the household.
我知道我们已经讨论过了 但是还没着手去做
I know we've talked about it, but we haven't really done much.
新女佣住在村里 为我们节省了不少开支
Oh, the new maids live in the village, and so cost a lot less.
我们只有一个马夫和一个马童
And we only have one groom and a stable boy.
但我们还有一个副管家和两个男仆
But we still have an under butler and two footmen.
都这个时代了
In this day and age.
我知道巴罗先生
I do believe that Mr Barrow
确实在找下家了
has genuinely been looking for other employment.
但没找到 我们能帮上忙吗
But not finding it. Is there anything we can do to help?
我去和他谈谈 老爷
I'll speak to him, My Lord.
你觉得庄园对外开放一日的主意怎么样
What do you think of the plan to open the house for a day?
既然您问了 我觉得这是个危险的先例
I think it's a dangerous precedent, since you ask,
但我不同意也没什么用
but I'm not sure how useful it is of me to say so.
危险 我觉得很蠢
Dangerous? I think it's idiotic.
差不多一个意思 老爷
It adds up to the same thing, My Lord.
这是个错误
It's a mistake.
-我想现在叫停已经太晚了 -确实太晚了
- I suppose it's too late to stop it now. - Far too late.
但我们到底要展示些什么
But what on earth can we show them to
能让参观者觉得值回票价
give them their money's worth?
看格兰瑟姆老夫人缝织吗
Lady Grantham knitting?
还是玛丽小姐沐浴
Lady Mary in the bath?
这是什么
What's this?
是给我的
Oh, it's addressed to me.
梅森先生写的
Oh, it's from Mr Mason.
-怎么掉进垃圾箱了 -我还在想我放在哪了
- How did it get there? - I wondered where I'd put it.
-他让我给你的 -那你怎么没给我
- He asked me to give you it. - Well, why didn't you, then?
我找不到
I couldn't find it.
肯定不小心掉进垃圾桶了
It must have fallen in the rubbish by mistake.
-为什么已经打开了 -是吗
- Why had it been opened? - Had it?
那人怎么样了
Whatever happened to that man?
你知道他被判了多久吗
Do you know what his sentence was?
-十年 夫人 -十年 我的天
- Ten years, m'lady. - Ten years? My goodness.
是啊 我有点庆幸当时没用我去作证
I know. I'm glad in a way I didn't have to testify against him now.
晚安 巴克斯特
Good night, Baxter.
你来了 现在几点了
Are you here? What time is it?
很晚了 继续睡吧
It's late. Go back to sleep.
我们该让妈妈来见见我
I think we ought to ask Mama to come and see me.
她肯定觉得自己被忽略了
She must be feeling rather left out.
她在操心别的事呢
Her mind is on other things.
她希望你的手术能说服别人支持她的观点
She's hoping your operation will persuade people over to herside.
我要是得去约克做手术 肯定就没命了
I would have died if I'd had to be taken to York.
但这里还可以继续做紧急手术呀
But they'd still operate here in an emergency,
没有任何改变
so nothing's changed.
我们不要让事态恶化
Well, let's not make it worse.
恐怕情况转好之前 必然会先恶化
I'm afraid it must get worse before it gets better.
生个火怎么样
What about a fire?
是有点奢侈 不过我们都累了一天了
It's a bit indulgent, but we've earned it.
-我不用 我要去睡了 -你不是不舒服吧
- Not for me. I'm going to bed. - You're not feeling ill, are you?
安娜 如果你病了 一定要告诉我
Anna, if you're not well, you must tell me.
以后任何事都别再瞒我了
We've finished with this business of your keeping me in the dark.
-我倒也不是病了 -你告诉玛丽小姐了吗
- I'm not ill exactly. - Have you told Lady Mary?
我不想打扰她
I didn't like to bother her.
明天一早就打扰她吧
Bother her first thing.
我可以找克拉克森医生
I could tell Dr Clarkson.
不 要看医生就去找赖德医生
No. You're seeing Dr Ryder if you're seeing anybody.
别傻了 我们付不起的
Don't be silly. We can't afford that.
我不能指望玛丽小姐一直帮我付钱
I can't expect Lady Mary to keep shelling out.
我来付 我有积蓄
I'll pay. I have savings.
-我们要卖♥♥♥房♥♥子啊 -是啊 然后再买♥♥一栋
- We're selling a house, aren't we? - Yes. To buy another house.
现在是你在犯傻 明天就去跟她谈谈吧
Now you're the one being silly. Talk to her tomorrow.
她会同意我说的 我来付钱
She'll agree with me. And I'm paying.
我不介意偶尔在这儿吃早餐
I wouldn't mind having breakfast here sometimes.
-不是每天 就偶尔 -我想不会有人反对的
- Not every day, but sometimes. - I don't think anyone would object.
你会煮咖啡吗
How are you at making coffee?
我当然会 又不难
I can make coffee. It's not very hard.
你这就错了 煮咖啡可是大有讲究呢
That's where you're wrong. There's quite an art to it.
你或许会想和帕特莫太太聊聊
Uh, you might like to have a word with Mrs Patmore.
当然 如果你想让我去
Of course. If you'd like me to.
我希望能提高各方面水准
And I want to start bringing things a little more up to standard.
或许我们可以叫门童来擦擦鞋
I wonder if we could have the hallboy to do some polishing.
未尝不可啊
I don't see why not.
你或许可以叫个女佣来整理下被褥
And you might ask one of the maids about making the bed.
我连被褥整理得都不好吗
Isn't that good enough, either?
没有不好 我不是那个意思
It's not bad. I didn't mean that.
但我很喜欢叠得四四方方有棱有角
But I do like those sharp corners.
你没觉得不好 我还真高兴
Well. I'm glad it's not bad.
你该早点告诉我的
I wish you'd told me before.
-我想一定没事的 -贝茨怎么说
- I'm sure it's nothing. - What does Bates say?
他想让我再去一趟赖德医生那儿
He wants me to see Dr Ryder again.
他想付医疗费 但我觉得这样有点挥霍
He wants to pay, but it seems an extravagance to me.
我觉得找克拉克森医生就好了
I'm happy to talk to Dr Clarkson.
不 我们去伦敦
No, let's go to London.
我相信克拉克森医生应付得来
I'm sure Dr Clarkson could manage it,
-但我想去趟伦敦 -留宿吗
- but I feel like a jaunt. - And stay the night?
住在罗斯孟德夫人家 准备点夜间的衣物用品
With Lady Rosamund. Pack something for the evening.
不用太多 我去打几通电♥话♥
Medium smart. I'll make some telephone calls.
收到你的信儿了 怎么了
I got your message. What's happened?
我去叫人送咖啡来
I'll ring for some coffee.
你听上去像是需要人送嗅盐来
You sound as if you should ring for some smelling salts.
如果你是说事情严重 确实如此
If you mean is it serious, it is.
今早我收到董事会的来信
I received a letter this morning from the Board of Governors.
继续说
Go on.
他们准备将我们和约克合并
They are going to combine us with York.
-我们一早就预料到了 -确实
- As we knew they must. - Indeed.
我会继续留在这里
I am to remain in my post here.
-很好 -卡劳利太太会继续担任司务
- Good. - Mrs Crawley is to stay on as our almoner.
很明智
Very sensible.
但他们想让您担任主席一职
But they want to offer the role of president to you.
我 为什么
Me? Why?
你去约克时给他们留下了好印象
You made a good impression when you went into York.
我不懂了 那妈妈怎么办
I don't understand. What about Mama?
老夫人将会 原话是
Lady Grantham is to be, and I quote,
"在多年辛勤效力后将可以辞职"
"Allowed to step down after so many years of noble service."
老天 他们直接把领头的给换了
Golly. They've sacked the Captain.
不难理解他们的初衷
You can see their point.
他们怎么能让一个觉得新系统
How could they have someone in the management of the new system
一无是处的人处在管理层呢
who thinks the whole idea is a horrible mistake?
你支持吗
And you support this notion?
他当然支持了
Of course he does.
是他提名的你做继任者
He put your name forward as replacement.
老夫人已经不年轻了
Lady Grantham is not as young as she was,
正如卡劳利太太所说
and, as Mrs Crawley says,
恐怕她更乐意看到新系统失败
I'm afraid she'd be almost willing the new regime to fail.
很有可能
Probably.
除此之外 我还想让新主席
Besides, I want to involve the new president
参与到后勤运营中来
in the logistics of running things.
而她绝不会答应帮忙的
And she would never have agreed to take that on.
所以我要接她的班
So, I'm to step into her shoes
还要肩负比她更多的责任吗
and then be given more responsibility than she had?
我们都觉得你会做得很好
We both think you'd be marvellous.
那谁去告诉她这个消息
And who's going to tell her?
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表