剧集 | 兄弟姐妹(2006) | 导航列表
twice In two days? it is like high school.
摔门而去 正和高中时一样
All we need is mom between the two of you,
你们俩的问题只能靠妈妈
Playing peacemaker.
当调解员
Are you kidding me? mom started this.
开玩笑么你 这都是妈妈挑起的
She's the reason kitty gave me the check.
是她怂恿凯蒂给我支票
Yeah, I heard you acted like it was laced with anthrax.
听说你表现的就像接触炭疽病菌
'cause I thought I didn't need it until I did.
我不认为我需要这钱 当我真需要了
Then kitty does a 180-degree turn and gives me a lecture
凯蒂的态度又180度大转弯 对我说教
About pulling myself up by my bootstraps.
说什么要靠自己的努力改变现状
well, maybe she has a point.
也许她说得对
Oh, I forgot I was talking to another republican.
忘了你也是共和党人
It's not about being a republican.
这和共和党人没什么关系
When you left ojai to start your own company,
当你离开欧康开了自己的公♥司♥
Build something from the ground up like dad,
像爸爸那样白手起家
That means shouldering the risk.
那就说明这要承担风险
No, that means taking out a second mortgage on my home.
那意味着拿我的家去做二次抵押
Well, if you believe the company will be a success,
要是你真的相信公♥司♥会成功
It is your gamble.
这是你的赌局
Gambling was dad's thing.
赌 是老爸擅长的
Do you ever envy dad, the way he could just-- do whatever it took?
羡不羡慕爸的方式 大胆放手赌一把?
Right. I mean, he took money out of the pension fund
没错 他敢拿出养老基金
To back an investment he believed in.
去投资他所信赖的项目
Son of a bitch-- it paid off.
该死的 还让他赌赢了
He'd just tell me to do it, wouldn't he?
他会支持我的吧
He'd just say, "take the risk."
他会说 去赌一把
In a heartbeat.
不要犹豫
Oh, I'm so proud of you.
真为你骄傲
You were so poised and articulate.
这么能言善辩 泰然自若
Yeah. well, too bad nobody was there to see it.
只是大家伙都没来
What do you mean? the place was packed.
什么嘛 那地方都水泄不通了
Oh, mom, come on. just--just stop it.
妈妈 拜托 别说了
I mean--i-i'll be lucky if sarah ever talks to me again,
莎拉会再理我 除非我见鬼
And my husband is so busy planning his political comeback
我老公正忙着计划卷土重来
That he doesn't even-- political comeback?
而且还不 卷土重来?
You know what? it doesn't even matter.
这也就算了
The point is, he wasn't there.
关键是 他居然也不来
Is it that impossible to be supportive or--
支持我就那么难吗
Or to just be happy for me?
或者说 替我高兴就那么难吗
Okay, maybe they feel that way now.
好吧 或许他们就是这么觉得
So what? they'll get over it. oh, okay.
那又怎样 他们会自己消化的 好吧
Well, thank you, mother. you're incredibly empathetic.
谢谢 妈妈 你真善解人意
You can't sit on your hands
你不用假装示弱
So other people will feel better about themselves.
就因为别人会因此好受很多
God. kitty, I did that my whole life.
凯蒂 我一辈子都是这样
When I think of all the great ideas I gave your father
当我想到什么好主意 要告诉你♥爸♥爸
And just pretended they weren't mine.
还得假装那不是我的主意
And he let me do it, of course.
当然这都是他自己一手造成的
Sometimes I think, what if I hadn't done that?
有时候我会想 要是我没这么做
What if I had taken credit where credit was due?
要是我敢于宣称应有的功劳
I was a more powerful woman than I let myself be.
我会是个更有能力的女强人
Yeah. yeah, I'll bet.
我相信
I don't want you to do that.
我不希望你也这样
I don't want you to make that mistake.
不希望你重蹈覆辙
You won't do anyone any good
收敛自己的光芒
by pretending to be less than what you are.
对别人也没有好处
What's going on?
在忙什么呢
I'm just reviewing last year's advertising contracts.
正看去年的广♥告♥合同
You know, a lot of the layouts came in late.
一些策划上市晚了
yeah, don't worry.
别担心
Soon, there will be fewer people for you to browbeat.
马上也就没多少人可以骗了(没人买♥♥产品了)
Why, are there more cuts coming?
为什么 又要削减成本?
Well, if your mom has anything to do with it.
这要看你妈妈了
According to her, we're losing money by the minute.
据她的说法 我们每时每刻都在丢钱
I'm sorry.
不好意思
we're having a little disagreement over cost-cutting strategies.
成本削减方案上我们还有异议
I don't--i don't mean to put you in the middle of it.
我不想让你在中间为难
No, wait. so--so you're not in favor of selling through a wholesaler?
那就是说 你不喜欢经过批发商?
no, I think you can mess with the distribution side of things all you want,
是啊 我们可以全权把握销♥售♥过程的
But unless we grow all our grapes ourselves,
不过除非我们能自己种葡萄
We're always at the mercy of the supplier.
否则肯定是受制于供应商的了
I mean, at the end of the day,
再不用多久
They can charge us what they want
他们就能随心所欲的叫价了
Because we don't own enough land to supply ourselves.
因为我们没有足够的土地来自给自足
I mean, I think that's what hurts us the most.
这才是我们最致命的
But why can't we? I mean, why--
我们为什么不能 我是说
This may sound stupid--
这听起来有点傻
But why can't we just... buy more land?
我们怎么不多买♥♥些地呢
I guess, theoretically, we can.
理论上 是可以的
I mean, it takes years for orchards to cultivate,
果园的培育收益需要很多年
And maybe there's a grower out there with enough acreage...
或许能找个现成的种植商
It's a long shot.
这是长线投资
But don't you think that we should investigate it?
那不正是我们得投资的吗
You know, I was looking at all of the new marketing that we would have to do
我一直在考虑目前情况的销♥售♥策略
If we do decide to switch over to selling wholesale,
如果我们决定要走批发的路线
And it changes the whole identity of our brand.
这会改变我们整个品牌的定位
You know, I hadn't thought about it from that angle,
这一点我倒是没想过
But maybe you're right.
或许你是对的
Maybe it's something we should pursue.
也许这就是我们要着眼的
Do you mind if I run it by my mom?
那我去跟妈妈说 你会介意吗
No, it's-- it's your idea.
不会 那是你的主意啊
I'd--i'd support it.
我支持你
Really?
真的吗
Thank you, tommy. Anytime.
谢谢 汤米 不客气
I'm checking on the rebar now.
我在检查钢筋
Anyway...
不论怎么说
Uh, no, thank you.
不 谢谢
I, uh, I don't need any demolition work today.
今天这里没有破坏工作要做
Yes, well,I guess I deserved that.
好吧 我自作自受
May I speak with you privately, please? Of course.
能跟你单独谈一下吗 当然
Look, if you have something serious to say,
如果你有什么正经事要谈
You'd better remove that hat.
最好把帽子脱了
Why, does it look ridiculous?
怎么 看起来很滑稽么
No, you look adorable, actually.
不 看起来很可爱 真的
Yes...
好吧
Well, um, roger,
罗杰
It has come to my attention that I'm a nincompoop.
我才意识到自己真是太傻了
I've been giving myself a crash course in architecture,
我给自己补了堂建筑学速成课
Primarily everything roger grant.
看了许多罗杰·格兰特的作品
And i-i realized that you're--you're a-a...
我发现 你是
I think the word you're searching for is "genius."
你是想说"天才"吧
I was gonna say "visionary." oh, that's apt as well.
我想说"爱幻想的" 那也挺恰当
You were right. I am inexperienced.I-i didn't understand your style
你是对的 我没经验 我不懂
And your passion for modern design,
你对现代设计的方式和激♥情♥
But i-i do now, or I'm-- I'm--i'm starting to.
但现在我知道了 我开始有些概念了
Well, I'm glad. thank you.
我很高兴 谢谢
So shall we proceed from my plans?
那能按我的计划走咯?
No.
不能
You see, I have a vision, too
我也有幻想
And I am as passionate about that as you are about yours.
正如你一般 我也很执着于我的幻想
Roger, your buildings-- they're your legacy.
罗格 你的建筑 它们是你的文化遗产
They'll last a hundred years or more.
它们会一直流传下去
But up till now, my legacy's
可是直到现在 我有的
been my children and my grandchildren.
就只是我的孩子孙子们
I'm very proud of that, but the center is--
我为此自豪 但是疗养中心
Is my chance to create something solid and--and useful
是我仅有的机会去实现一些有价值的东西
That didn't exist before I imagined it.
在我想到之前 它们并不存在
I-i've waited my whole life to create something like that.
我等了一辈子 想创造出这样的东西
I can't just hand it over to somebody else,
我不能就这样把它拱手让人
Even if that someone else is as talented...
即使那个人很有才华
As you are.
就如你
剧集 | 兄弟姐妹(2006) | 导航列表