There goes our $500 deposit.
我们500美元的押金沉下去了
I say we swim to shore.- Swim?
我们游到岸边吧 游
Yeah. The shore can't be too far from here.
这里离岸边应该不太远
In which direction?
朝哪个方向
Yeah. You know, living in the city,
住在城里 都不知道
you forget that night is actually so, uh, dark.
夜晚会是这样 的黑
Living in a city,
住在城里
you forget a lot of things.
很多事情都不知道
Now there you're always
总是抢劫
thinking about being mugged or hit by a car.
撞车之类的事
It's not until you get back to
等你回到大自然才会
nature until you realise everything is out to get you.
明白你什么都不懂
That's why Father always
怪不得爸爸总是叫我
taught me to... respect nature -
要尊重自然
cos it has no respect for you.
如果你不尊重…
That was him, Scully.
大蓝来了 史卡利
So what if it was?
是又如何
Mulder, what are we doing here?
穆德 我们在这里干什么
What do you mean "What are we doing here?"
你这句话是什么意思
What are you hoping to accomplish?
你希望得到什么结果
Scully so many of the things
史卡利 我们调查的东西
we investigate are so intangible,...
很多都是无形的
..But this creature it exists
但这东西
within the specific earthly confines of this lake.
存在湖里
And I wanna find it. What for?
我要找到它 为什么
You're a scientist.
你是科学家
Why do you ask that?
为什么还问这问题
It would be miraculous discovery.
这将是不可思议的发现
It could revolutionise evolutionary biological thinking.
能够彻底颠覆生物进化理论
Is that really the reason why?
这就是原因吗
You know when you showed
当我看了那些
me those pictures that the photographer took?
摄影师拍的照片
You wanna know what I really saw in them?
知道我看到了什么
A tooth? No. You.
牙齿 不 你
That man is your future.
那人就是你的未来
Listening only to himself, hoping to
你只听自己的
catch a glimpse of the truth
为不知所谓的理由
for who knows what reason.
而去寻找真♥相♥
I read in his journals that
我读了他的日记
he was hoping to live off
他希望拍到一张
the copyright fees
真正的大蓝的照片
from a Big Blue photo.
靠着版费活一辈子
As dumb as it sounds,
听起来有点蠢
at least it's a legitimate reason.
但至少算个正当理由
You don't think my reasons are legitimate?
你不认为我的正当吗
Mulder, sometimes
穆德 有时
I just can't figure them out.
我不想把话挑明
Mulder!
穆德
I'm still tempted to fire.
我还是想开枪
Hey, Scully, do you think you could ever cannibalise someone?
史卡利 我们会不会自相残杀
I mean, if you really had to?
我的意思是万不得已的情况下
Well, as much as the very idea's abhorrent to me,...
这是一个让我头痛的问题
..I suppose under certain conditions
在特定的环境下
the living entity is practically conditioned to perform whatever
人会为了生存
extreme measures are necessary to ensure its survival.
会不择手段
I suppose I'm not different.
我没什么不同的
You've lost some weight recently haven't you?
你近来减肥了
Yeah, actually, I have. Thanks for...
是的 要感谢
But it is amazing what some animals will do
真奇怪 为什么一些动物
to guarantee the continuation of the species isn't it?
会不顾一切确保物种的延续
A creature of one of this size
像这么大的生物为了
must have adapted its behaviour over the years
减少被我们这些掠夺者发现的机会
to minimise its chances of being seen by its only predator.Us.
这些年不知道改变多少生活习气
This coming closer to shore for
它们在岸边出现
its prey must be an act of desperation on its part.
是因为绝望的原因
Poor Queequeg.
可怜的魁魁格
Why did you name the dog Queequeg?
你为什么给它取名为魁魁格
It was the name of the harpoonist in Moby Dick.
这是捕鲸记里一个鱼叉手的名字
My father used to read to
小时候我父亲经常
me from Moby Dick when I was a little girl.
给我都捕鲸记的故事
I called him Ahab and he called me Starbuck.
我叫他阿哈伯 他叫我星巴克
So I named my dog Queequeg.
所以我把狗叫魁魁格
That's funny. I just realised something.
真有趣 我明白了些事情
That's a bizarre name for a dog, huh? No.
狗叫这个名字很古怪 不
How much you're like Ahab.
你更像阿哈伯
You're so consumed by your personal vengeance
你总充满着对人生的复仇感
against life Whether its being
不管其现实的残酷
near cruelty or its misteries.
还是捉摸不定的神秘
That everything takes on a warped significance...
这一切扭曲的意义都建立
..To fit your megalomaniacal cosmology.
在你狂妄的宇宙学说上
Scully.Are you coming on to me?
史卡利 你就是这样看我的吗
It's just... the truth or
真♥相♥还是白鲸
a white whale - what difference does it make?
知道了又怎么样
Both obsessions are impossible to capture,...
这两样东西都不可能抓到
..And trying to do so will only leave you dead,
想抓到它们只有死路一条
along with everyone else you bring with you.
还害死了和你一道的人
You know, Mulder, you are Ahab.
你知道吗 穆德 你就是阿哈伯
You know it's interesting you
真有趣 因为我还一直
should say that - because I always wanted a peg leg.
想要一支假肢
It's a boyhood thing I never grew out of.
从小就想得到
I'm not being flippant. I mean I've given it a lot of thought.
我不是讲笑的 我是认真思考的
If you have a peg leg or hooks for hands,
即使我们断了手脚
maybe it's enough to simply carry on living,you know,
或许生活会简单点
..Bravely facing life with a disability.
你知道 所谓的身残志不残
It's heroic just to survive.
英雄主义是好的
But without these things,
但没有这些
you're expected to make something of your life -
指不定你的人生能取得点成就
achieve something,earn a raise, wear a necktie.
得到高薪 做白领的
So, if anything, I'm actually the antithesis of Ahab...
照此说来 我正好和阿哈伯相反
..Because if I did have a peg leg,
如果我有假肢
I'd quite possibly be more happy...
我也许更开心更满足
..And not feel the need to chase after creatures of the unknown.
不需要追逐这些不明生物
And that's not flippant? No.
这不是玩笑 不是
Flippant is my favourite line from Moby Dick.
《捕鲸记》中我最喜欢一句台词
Hell is an idea first
所谓地狱就是你在
born on an undigested apple dumpling." Yeah?
消化不良时的一种心像” 是了
What was that? I don't know, but it ain't no duck.
是什么 看来不是鸭子
I thought I heard voices. What are you two doing out here?
我听到了声音 你们在这里干什么
Dr Faraday? Hope I'm not interrupting anything.
法拉弟博士 希望我没有打扰你们
No. No! We had a little trouble with our boat.
不是那么回事 我们的船出问题了
Actually, it sank.
那船沉了
How'd that happen? It was my fault.
怎么发生的
We'd have been here all
是我的错
night if you hadn't
如果你收到我们的呼救信♥号♥♥
answered our distress call.
那么我们要在这呆一晚上
I didn't. I was walking by.
倒没有 我只是路过
I heard you talking.
听到你们说话
Walking by? Yeah.
路过吗 是的
Yeah, the shore is just a stone's throw from here.
是的 岸边离这块石头很近
Come on. I'll take you back.
来吧 我带你们回去
It was just out of fuel.
燃料没了
The sheriff'll be along in a minute.
警长随后就到
I'd drive you myself,
我可能载你们
but I got work to do.
但我现在有事做
What exactly is it that you're
你在这干什么
doingout here Dr Faraday?
法拉第博士
It's well after midnight.
这都过了午夜了
Night is Rana sphenocephala's most active period.
晚上是青蛙最活跃的时候
This is its primary breeding ground.
这是它们主要繁殖地
Or at least it used to be.
或者过去是这样
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表