Remember Dr Eckerle, who was the alternativefuel researcher
你记得那个目击灭虫人死亡的
that witnessed the exterminator's death?
替代燃料研究员埃克博士吗
Well, the fuel that he's researching is methane gas.
他研究的燃料是沼气
Methane derived from manure.
沼气是从粪便中产生
Manure?
粪便
He has an import licence to bring
他有进口许可证
in animal dung samples from outside the country.
可以进口动物的粪便样本
Now, maybe you can confirm this with your Dr Bambi,
也许你能够向班比博士求证
But I think the cockroaches are dung eaters
但我想蟑螂是个以屎为生的昆虫
And, if so,
即使这样
some of them may have been shipped accidentally in some of the samples.
有些碰巧随着样本被运了进来
This fuel research facility could be ground zero for the infestation.
燃料研究所可是无尘化的
If an alien civilisation were technologically advanced enough
史卡利 如果外星人技术足够先进
to build and send artificially intelligent robotic probes to space,
可以制♥造♥和发射向外太空
might they not have been able to perfect
人工智能的机器探测器
the extraction of methane fuel from manure
那么 他们早就能
a replenishing energy source
从粪便中提取沼气了
on a planet filled with dungproducing creatures?
地球上一种取之不尽用之不竭的能源
I think you've been in this town too long.
穆德 我想你在镇里呆太久了
Where's the research facility located?
研究机构在哪
Bambi, you better wait here until I make sure it's safe.
斑比 在我确定安全之前你最好待在这
Be careful. We don't know what these cockroaches are capable of.
小心 我们仍不知道蟑螂的能力
If they're even cockroaches.
可能它们连蟑螂都不是
I'm more worried about the human element.
我才不担心蟑螂 我认为是人为因素
Dr Eckerle?
埃克博士
They're after me.
它们跟着我
First at my house. Then at the motel.
先在房♥子后到旅馆
And then I came here to get away.
我来这里想摆脱它们
But they're following me.
但 它们跟着我
You're not in any danger. They won't harm you.
你别害怕 它们不会伤你
I've seen them kill two men.
我看见它们杀了两个人
They weren't responsible for those deaths.
它们不是致死的原因
But they might be responsible for ours
如果你继续拿着枪在充满沼气的工厂
if you fire your gun in a plant full of methane gas.
那可能会对我们两个的死负责
Don't you understand?
你怎么不明白
The bugs,
那些虫
They drive me crazy.
快让我疯了
Let me guess. Bambi.
让我猜 你是班比
Fox told me to wait out here while he checked inside first.
福克斯叫我外面等 他先去查个究竟
Should I come along with you?
我应该一起去吧
No.
不
This is no place for an entomologist.
这里不关昆虫学者的事
Why are these roaches making those weird noises?
为什么这些蟑螂发出这样奇怪的声音
In Madagascar the roaches hiss
在马达加斯加 蟑螂由于
by blowing air through holes in their upper thorax.
上呼吸道有小孔 充满空气而滋滋作响
Really?
真的
How do you know so much about them?
你怎么知道的
I don't. That's why we shouldn't
不知道 所以我才要抓更多的来研究
kill these but capture them for further study.
而不是杀了它们
Put the gun down.
请放下枪
Have I lost my mind? No.
我疯了 没有
You've had a very stressful day
你只是今天压力很大
that's affected your ability to think clearly.
这影响了你思考的能力
Your judgment is a little clouded right now.
你现在仍然有点困惑
It is?
是吗
Then how do I know that you're not a cockroach?
谁知道你是不是蟑螂
Mulder?
穆德
Mulder!
穆德
I assure you, Dr Eckerle,
我想你保证 艾科博士
I'm just as human as you are. If not more so.
我和你一样是人类 没有什么差别
You are one of them!
你是它们中的一员
Mulder! Get out! Scully! This whole place could blow!
穆德 快走 史卡利 这个地方要爆♥炸♥了
Get down!
趴下
Crap.
可恶
It's like a crematorium.
那儿像个火葬场
I don't think we're gonna locate the doctor's remains.
我想那博士死了
Or anything else for that matter.
还有呢
It's not as bad as some of the other fires.
没有昨晚 火灾严重
There were others? Four, to be exact.
有别的大火 是的 4起
Plus 18 automobile accidents,
再加上18起车祸
13 assault and batteries, two stores were looted.
13袭击和斗殴 两个商店被洗劫
36 injuries all total, half of 'em from insecticide poisoning.
36人受伤 一半是中毒引起
But we didn't receive reports on cockroaches
但是 我们这几个小时
or otherwise for the last couple of hours.
没有收到关于蟑螂的报告
Maybe this town's finally come to its senses.
也许小镇恢复正常了
You two oughta go home and get some rest.
你们应该回去休息一下
You look pooped.
你们看起来很疲惫
Agent Mulder!
穆德探员
They told me I could locate you here.
他们告诉我在这里可以找到你
Those segments you showed me earlier
你早前给我看的切片
may I examine them again?
我能再研究研究吗
Well, they're completely desiccated.
它们都脱水了
Just like the moulted exoskeleton.
就像蜕皮的骨骼
Many insects don't develop wings until their last moulting stage.
直到蜕皮最后阶段 很多昆虫没有翅膀
Perhaps these things had their final moult
无论这些是什么东西
And have flown off back to wherever they originated.
在它们最后一次蜕皮后 会回到原来的地方
Yeah, that would explain everything
这就解释清楚
May I borrow this Agent Mullder, for further study?
我能借这些进一点研究吗 穆德探员
I've already had a similar sample analysed.
我也做了类似的样本分♥析♥
It's nothing but common metals.
只是普通的金属而已
What do you hope to find from it?
你想找出什么
His destiny.
它的命运
Isn't that what Dr Zaius said
那不是佐斯博士
to Zira at the end of the Planet of the Apes?
对佐拉在《人猿星球》的结尾吗
It's one of my favourite movies.
这是我喜欢的电影
Mine too.
我也是
I love science fiction.
我喜欢科幻片
I'm also fascinated by your research.
我对你的研究很感兴趣
Have you considered programming your robots
你打算发展这些机器人
To mimic behaviour of social insects like ants or bees?
模仿蚂蚁或密蜂的行为
As a matter of fact, I have.
事实上 我有
You know, I read in November of '94 inentomology extreme
我读了94年11月的极端昆虫学
Oh, I remember that
我记得清楚
Your article about colonization
你的关于克隆
Yes, I really enjoyed writing that.
是的 我很高兴发表了它
Smart is sexy.
聪明就是性感
Think of it this way. Mulder.
想一下 穆德
By the time there's another invasion
下一次再有外太空人工智能吃粪的机器探测器
of artificially intelligent, dungeating robotic probes,
入侵我们的星球
You know, I never thought I'd say this to you, Scully,
我一直不好意思跟你说 史卡利
But you smell bad.
你闻起来真臭
Our cerebral cortex is the greatest achievement
我们大脑皮层的进化
Of the evolutionary processes. Big deal.
在进化过程取得巨大成就
While allowing us intellect and selfconsciousness,
在让我们感受智力的刺♥激♥ 和自我意识的痛苦
It is all too often overruled by our inner instinctive brain:
时常被我们大脑的本能反驳
the one that tells us to react,
我们只会反应
not reflect, to run rather than ruminate.
不会思考 只会逃避而不是反思
Maybe we have gone as far as we can go,
也许我们会去到很远的地方
and the next advance, Whatever that may be,
下一次我们去的地方
will be made by beings we create using our own tech
将会是我们亲手制♥造♥的
Technology. Life forms we can design and program not to be
技术 生命形态可以被设计
Ultimately governed and constricted by the rules of survival.
但不能永远被♥操♥控 而是遵循着生存的原则
Perhaps that step has already been achieved on another planet
也许其他星球早就实现了这一步…
That had billion years head start in us.
那些比我们早存在十亿年的微生物
If these beings ever visited us,
如果这些生物拜访我们
would we recognise what we were seeing?
我们能认得出来吗
And would they react in anything but horror
看见我们 这些愚蠢的 原始的 可怕的生物
at seeing such mindless, primitive, hideous creatures?
它们会不会也非常恐慌
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表