When I began my field research here
当我在这里开始我的研究工作
these frogs were thriving.
青蛙在这里很多
Since then the adult population has dropped to fewer than 200.
到现在 成年数量减至200只
If you don't take protective measures, in a few years...
如果不采取保护措施
..Rana sphenocephala will be extinct here.
这种青蛙就会消失了
Frog populations are declining all over the globe,
青蛙的数量就全球来说一直在减少
Dr Faraday. No one knows why.
法拉第博士 没人知道原因
We can't possibly place them all
我们不可能把它放到
on the endangered species list.
濒危物种名单上
You'd find a way if it were cute,
难道我们要证明它是
furry little mammals we were talking about.
可爱毛茸茸的哺乳动物吗
Regardless, your study
你的研究还在不确定和猜测阶段
remains inconclusive. Speculative, at best.
你并没确实的证据证明
You have no concrete evidence the frog
青蛙的减少是
depopulation is the exclusive result of human encroachment.
因为人类侵入的结果
A frog holocaust is currently being executed, Dr Bailey.
贝里博士 当前的青蛙大屠♥杀♥中
And man is the executioner.
青蛙是被害者 人是施害者
You're a biologist, Faraday.
你是生物学家 法拉弟
You've never heard of survival of the fittest?
你没听过 适者生存 吗
Well, don't forget that rule also applies to mankind!
别忘记那规则也适用于人类
You can't turn your back on nature!
你不能违反抗自然…
Or nature will turn her back on you!
否则自然惩罚你
Ah, dammit!
见鬼
Freakin' beeper.
呼机掉了
No! No! No!
不
Nature's calling I think we should pull over soon.
它要尿尿了 停下车
Did you really have to bring that thing?
你非得带上它吗
You wake me up on a Saturday morning,
你星期六早上叫醒我
tell me to be ready in five minutes,...
要我五分钟之内准备好
..My mom's out of town,
我妈妈出城了
all of the dog-sitters are booked,
所有的狗保姆都被订光了
and you know how I feel about kennels.
你知道我不喜欢狗舍
So, unless you wanna lose your
你还想要保证金
security deposit on the car, I suggest we pull over.
最好停车
All right.I think I'm lost anyway.
好的 正好我迷路了
I gotta stop and ask for directions.
得停车问路
I know I'm lost as to why
不知道你为什么
you're so interested in this missing-persons case.
对这件失踪案这么感兴趣
Dr Bailey works for the US Forestry Service.
贝里博士为美国森林局工作
It makes his disappearance a federal case.
这使他的案件成为联邦政♥府♥的事
It's not jurisdiction I'm questioning Mulder.
我问的不是管辖权的问题 穆德
Dr Bailey's not the first
贝里博士不是
person to go missing from Heuvelmans lake recently.
第一个在霍伊维尔曼湖失踪的人
Two weeks ago a Boy Scout troop was out here fossil-hunting.
两星期前 有童子军在这里找化石
Their troop leader wanderd off to relieve himself,
他们的领队到处走动时…
and hasn't been seen or heard from since.
就不见了从此杳无音讯
So you think there's a serial killer at large?
你认为那是系列杀手案
The operative word being large.
关键词就是 大
What are you leaving out?
你漏了什么
Why d'you think I'm leaving anything out?
你怎么这样问
Multiple missing-persons cases are not that uncommon Mulder.
失踪了几个人是常见的事 穆德
Why this particular one
为什么要我们飞了
warrants a flight halfway across the country
大半个国家 开两个小时车
and driving for two hours is a total mystery!
是什么秘密
Oh, tell me you're not serious!
你不是认真的吧
According to the sheriff's report,
根据警长的报告
you were the last person to see Dr Bailey alive.
你是最后一个见到贝里博士的人
That's what they tell me.
他们就是这样介绍我的吗
I understand you argued
我知道你在为拯救
over an endangered species petition.
一个濒危物种而发出呼吁
Bailey was the worst kind of hypocrite.
贝里是最虚伪的人
Closest he came to communing
他和大自然最紧密的关系
with nature was subscribing to National Geographic.
就是订阅《国家地理》杂♥志♥
You sound bitter, Dr Faraday.
你好象不高兴 法拉第博士
Of course I'm bitter.
当然我不高兴
The man wrote off three years of
他把认真收集了三年的数据
carefully collected data in a two-hour inspection.
写成两个小时的检查报告
Which doesn't mean I plotted his demise.
但并不意味我杀了他
Well that is what you were suggesting.Isn't it?
你想说的就是这个 对吗
Aside from having a motive,
除了动机
you don't seem too upset by any of this.
你好像对他的死也不难过
You expect me to cry for one man
当所有物种濒临灭绝
when entire species are on the brink of extinction?
你指望我为一个人的死而哭泣吗
Dr Farady.You know the wildlife in
法拉迪博士 没有人比你
and around this lake just as well as anybody, don't you?
了解这个湖区的野生动物吗
I'd say that's accurate.
这话没错
Are you aware of any indigenous
有攻击人类的
species that's capable of attacking a human being?
本地物种吗
Yes.
有的
Another human being. Aside from that.
人攻击人 除了人呢
Is there a creature that comes to my...
有没有什么生物…
Has anyone ever told you two
没人告诉你们现在
you have a great problem coming to the point?
最大的问题是什么吗
OK then. In your work, have you come across any evidence...
你的工作是收集的证据
..That lends support to the
来证明一种
existence of this creature they call Big Blue?
叫 大蓝 的生物存在
See, this is what always happens. This is how it starts.
又折腾了 又是这些烂事
What? The deflection, sleight of hand.
什么 诱导 耍花招
See whenever an issue requires
一旦一起事件需要认真思考
any real thought or any serious mental effort,...
需要智商
..People turn to UFOs and sea serpents and sasquatch.
人们总是想到飞碟 海怪和野人
Afternoon talk shows and tabloid TV -
脱口秀节目 八卦电视
they've reduced our attention span so much...
他们减少了
..That soon our ability to think
我们对 里恩青蛙灭绝的
will be as extinct as the Rana sphenocephala frog.
注意力
I'll take that rambling diatribe to
你的这些谩骂 我理解为
mean you don't believe in the existence of such a creature.
你不相信这个生物的存在
I am not even gonna grace that statement with a reply.
我不予置评
A prehistoric animal living in a lake
湖里有史前动物
is not without precedent.
并不是没有先例
Last August they pulled a
去年八月他们在马萨诸塞州的
bull shark from Lake Onota in Massachusetts.
安大略湖捞上一头公牛鲨
An anomaly, which proves nothing.
是不寻常 这并不证明什么
It only serves as fodder for pseudo scientists...
只合一些伪科学家的胃口
..With nothing better to do than chase fairy tales.
他们就喜欢这些神话故事
Excuse me.
对不起
Lake creatures have been
湖生物已经被
reported for centuries in dozen of countries.
报道了几百年
From the monsters in Loch Ness and Shiel,
从尼斯湖怪和页岩
to the Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan.
到奥肯那根湖的奥古布古
And Lake Champlain, Lagarfljot, Iceland...
还有张伯伦湖 那伽梵 冰岛
Sounds like you know a little
你对这些生物
something about the subject. - I did as a kid,...
还挺熟悉的 小时候就喜欢
..But then I grew up and became a scientist.
但我长大成了一个科学家
Some very grown-up cryptozoologists
成熟的动物学家认为
believe that it could be an evolutionary throwback,
史前生物是
possibly prehistoric.
进化的倒♥退♥
An aquatic dinosaur. A plesiosaur, actually.
水栖恐龙 实际上是蛇颈龙
Though, admittedly,
然而没有什么
there's not a lot of hard evidence to back that up.
过硬的证据来证明
You know why?
你知道为什么吗
Because those creatures don't exist Mulder.
因为那些生物并不存在 穆德
They are folk tales born
它们是因为无知的恐惧
out of some collective fear of the unknown.
而创造出来的神话
How many folk tales do you know
那有多少神话吃了一个
that could eat a Boy Scout leader and a biologist?
童子军领队和一个生物学家
Check this out, Scully.
看一下这个 史卡利
It looks an insect casing or a carapace. Something from a beetle.
好像是甲壳虫的壳
How can I help you folks?
有什么事吗
We're looking for the Lakeview Cabins Fliker Road?
我们在找福利科街的湖景小屋
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表