It's too late. I'm already inside.
太晚了 我已经进来了
Well What's going on What do you see
怎么了 你看见什么
I'm in a house
我在房♥里
It's apparently empty.
房♥子是空的
What does the place look like?
这地方像什么
It's a typical twostorey suburban house.
典型的郊外的两层房♥子
Nice big living room, sparsely furnished,
装♥修♥得很好
nice carpets, fireplace.
舒适的地毯 壁炉
Nice kitchen, modern appliances.
漂亮的厨房♥ 现代家电
Moving walls. Moving walls?
活动的墙 什么
Yeah.
是的
They're rippling.
它们像波纹一样扩散开来
Oh! Cockroaches! What?!
蟑螂 什么
Cockroaches. They're everywhere!
到处是蟑螂 到处都是
Ugh! I'm surrounded.
我被包围了
Mulder You've got to get out of there right now.
穆德 你快离开那里
No! Are you all right? What happened?
你没事吧 发生什么事了
Flashlight went out.
电筒坏了
Mulder, what's going on?
怎么回事
Gotta go.
我挂电♥话♥了
Mulder! Mulder!
穆德 穆德
May I ask why you're trespassing on government property?
我能问你为什么进入政♥府♥设施吗
I'm a federal agent. So am I.
我是联邦探员 我也是
Agent Mulder, FBI.
穆德探员 联邦调查局
Dr Berenbaum, USDA, Agricultural Research Service.
伯兰鲍医生 农业部农业研究服务
Dr Berenbaum, I'm gonna have to ask you a few questions.
伯兰鲍医生 我想问你点问题
For instance?
比如
What's a woman like you doing in a place like this?
你一个女人来这种地方干什么
By studying how insects respond to changes in light, temperature,
研究昆虫对光线的变化 温度
Air currents, food availability,
气流 食物有效性的反应
we can determine the best ways to eradicate them.
我们决定根除它们最好的办法
Why all the secrecy about your research?
你的研究有什么秘密
You got the good townspeople suspicious.
你让镇里的人怀疑了
You expect us to advertise
你想让我们广而告之说 我们故意
that we've intentionally infested a house With thousands of cockroaches?
在这里建一个寄生着成千只蟑螂的房♥子
But those cockroaches, are they a normal species?
那些蟑螂都是普通的种类吗
They're a common one.
是的
Have you ever come across a type of cockroach that is attracted to people?
你知道一种攻击人的蟑螂吗
Most cockroaches have been known to wash themselves
很多蟑螂在接触人类前
after being touched by humans.
都会洗洗
So you've never seen an instance where a cockroach attacks a human being?
那你没看见蟑螂袭击人类
There have been cases where
只听说蟑螂
cockroaches crawled into a person's ear, nose
爬到人的鼻子和耳朵里
Nose?
鼻子
What is that there?
那是什么
It's just a pet project of mine.
那是我一个宠物工程
Since an insect's exoskeleton is a dielectric
一个昆虫的骨骼是带双电的
Surrounding the conductive medium of its body fluid,
血液上带有传电的物质
When introduced into an electrical field,
当引入电场时
the brush discharge results in a coloured flare.
这种放电会引起有颜色的火焰
What is that supposed to prove?
那证明什么
Well, it's my theory that UFOs are actually insect swarms.
我的理论就是 UF0实际上是昆虫群
I don't know if you know anything about UFOs,
不知道你知不知道关于UF0的事
but all the characteristics of
但常见发光的特征
A typical sighting are shared with nocturnal insects
都和一大群夜虫有关系
swarming through an electrical field.
它们群集通过天空的电磁场
The sudden appearance of a coloured, glowing light hovering in the night sky.
突然间在夜空产生五颜六色的 明亮的闪电
Moving in a nonmechanical manner, possibly humming.
这不是机械问题 只是嗡嗡作响
Creating interference with radio and television signals,
会干拢广播电视的信♥号♥♥
Then suddenly disappearing.
接着突然就消失
As nocturnal insect swarms.
哦 昆虫群
It's it's fascinating.
真难以想像
Everything about insects is fascinating.
关于昆虫的事都难以想像
They are truly remarkable creatures.
它们是有用的生物
So beautiful and so honest.
美丽诚实
Honest?
诚实
Eat, sleep, defecate, procreate.
吃饭 睡觉 排便 生子
That's all they do.
它们和我们一样
That's all we do, but at least insects don't kid themselves
至少昆虫不会开它们自己玩笑
that it's anything more than that. Does my scientific detachment disturb you?
我的科学说教是不是让你烦了
No. No, actually, I find it quite refreshing.
没有 我倒觉得挺新鲜的
Not now. You know, um
你知道
I have always found insects to be very interesting.
我总发现昆虫很有趣
Really?
真的
this is the fifth report of a deceased body
这是第五起报道的死亡
being found amongst a horde of cockroaches
其中发现一大群蟑螂
But police are not confirming At least no yet
但警♥察♥还没有确认
that the insects have anything to do with the fatalities.
蟑螂与死亡有关
Police have denied that
警♥察♥同时否认
these deaths were the result of an outbreak
是由感染的蟑螂引起的
Of the Ebola virus
埃博拉病毒的爆发
somehow being spread by infected cockroaches.
现在 这些案件还属于当地的管辖范围
For now these incidents remain under local jurisdiction,
但本地的护士承认有联邦调查局的介入此案
Police are asking that if you see any cockroaches, don't panic.
警♥察♥当你见到蟑螂时 别惊慌
Simply notify the local
请通知当地有关部门
authorities and evacuate the area immediately.
迅速撤离
Reporting live, this is Sky Lathan for Channel 3 News.
现场报道 我是3频道主持人斯凯·雷金
Then suddenly there was this terrible crash.
结果发生了严重车祸
You know, you could have been killed.
你知道吗 你会死的
Mulder, are you OK?
穆德 你没事吧
I can't sleep
我睡不着
What happened at the U.S.D.A. site
研究中心那边怎么样了
They're conducting legitimate experiments.
他们进行的是合法实验
I met an entomologist, a Dr Berenbaum,
我见到了农业学家伯兰鲍医生
Who agrees with your theory of an accidental importation of a new species
同意你可能有新的蟑螂种类的理论
Did he tell you how to catch 'em?
他告诉了你怎么抓住他们吗
No, but she did tell me everything else there is to know about insects.
不 但她说了很多关于昆虫的事
She? Yeah. Did you know the ancient Egyptians worshiped the scarab beetle
她 你听过古埃及崇拜金龟子并建金字塔
And maybe erected the pyramids to honour them, which may be symbolic dung heaps?
也许外观像一堆粪堆 来纪念它们吗
Did you know the inventor
你知道发明抽水马桶的
of the flush toilet was named Thomas Crapper?
是汤马斯·克拉普(有厕所之意)吗
Bambi also has this theory I've never come approch
班比有我没得出的…
Who
谁
Dr Berenbaum. Anyway, her theory is
伯兰鲍医生 她的理论是
Her name is Bambi?
她名字班比
Yeah, both her parents were naturalists.
她父母都是自然学家
Her theory is that UFOs are nocturnal
她关于UF0的理论是
insect swarms passing through electrical airfields.
一大群昆虫经过闪电的天空
Her name is Bambi?
她名字叫班比
Scully, can I confess something to you?
史卡利 我可以对你坦白点事吗
Yeah, sure, OK. I hate insects.
可以 我讨厌昆虫
You know, lots of people are afraid of insects, Mulder.
很多人怕昆虫 穆德
It's just It's a natural instinct of
自然的 本能的
No, no, no, I'm not afraid of them.
不 不 我不怕它们
I hate them.
我恨它们
One day back when I was a kid, I was climbing this tree
当我是小孩的时候 我爬上树
When I noticed this leaf walking towards me.
我看见一片叶子 向我走过来
It took me for ever to realise it was no leaf.
我终于清楚那不是叶子
A praying mantis? Yeah, I had a prayingmantis epiphany,
是螳螂 是的 我意识到是一只螳螂
and as a result I screamed. Not a girlie scream,
我大叫 当然不是像小姑娘那样叫
but the scream of someone being confronted By some beforeunknown monster
是一种碰到不知名怪物的尖叫
that had no right existing on the same planet.
它们没有权力居住在这星球
Did you ever notice how a praying mantis's head resembles an alien's head?
你注意到螳螂头和外星人的头很像吗
The mysteries of the natural world were revealed.
那天大自然向我展示了它的神秘
Instead of being astounded,
但不是喜欢 而是害怕
I was repulsed.
我打退堂鼓了
Mulder, are you sure it wasn't a girlie scream?
穆德 你确认当时不是向女生一样尖叫吗
What was that?
怎么了
I gotta go. Mul No
我要走了 不
Did you hear that too? It came from over here.
你也听到吗 从那儿来
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表