Behold the mighty cockroach.
抓住这个神圣的蟑螂
Believed to have originated in
在360万年前的志留纪
the Silurian period over 350 million years ago,
它就出现了
They can be found in every
到处都有它们的足迹
part of the world from the tropics to the Arctic.
从热带到北极
There exists 4,000 known species,
有4千个种类
And in a year a single female can produce
一年里 一个雌蟑螂能产生
Over half a million descendants.
50万个后代
Radiation doesn't kill them.
辐射杀不死它们
By evolutionary standards,
按照进化的标准
they are nearly flawless creatures,
它们是完美的生物
But creatures nevertheless.
但这生物
Possessing only a simple nervous system
仅有简单的神经系统
Their behaviour is dictated solely by responses to environmental stimuli.
能随环境的变化作出反应
Unlike us, they are incapable of thought
不像我们 它们不能思考
Of selfillumination.
自我感悟
Compared to the roach, we are gods And must therefore act accordingly.
如果按照生物链 和蟑螂相比 我们是上帝
Is it true if you decapitate them, they continue to live,
你杀死了它们 它们还真能复活吗
Eventually dying of starvation?
最后死于饥饿
Look, buddy, I just kill 'em.
朋友 我烧了它们
Well, that's why I called you.
所以你打电♥话♥给我
I thought that nowadays you froze the insects to death.
我以为你把这些昆虫冻死
Freeze 'em? Where's the fun in that?
冻死 那有什么好玩
No, we got a new pesticide that works like a fungus.
有一种杀虫剂非常有效
It not only kills the infected roach,
不但杀死蟑螂
but that roach then spreads the disease
还让它传播给其他蟑螂
To every other roach it comes into contact with.
只要接触就传染
Just as long as you get rid of them.
快除掉它们
Bugs, you know They drive me crazy.
你知道的 它们让我发疯
Why, you arrogant little
你这个傲慢的小…
I forgot to tell you, I also found a roach on
我忘了告诉你 我发现了一只蟑螂
Mulder.
我是穆德
Where have you been
你在哪里
I've been trying to reach you
我正在找你
My apartment complex was being fumigated
我的公♥寓♥在消毒
so I thought I'd get away for the weekend.
我得外出一个星期
I came up to Massachusetts.
我到马萨诸塞州去
Visiting your mother?
看你母亲
No. Just sitting and thinking.
不 只是散下心
Widespread accounts of dunidentified colored lights hovering in the skies
昨天晚上报道说这个地方
Were reported in this area last night.
有很多不同颜色的闪电
Look, Scully, I know it's not your inclination,
我知道你并不喜欢
but did you ever look up into the night sky
但 史卡利 你看了一下天空吗
And feel certain that not only was something up there,
并感觉到不但你在看天
But it was looking down on you at that exact same moment,
而且天也在看你
And was just as curious about you as you are about it?
也和你一样好奇
Mulder I think the only thing more fortuitous
穆德 我觉得更偶然的事是…
than the emergence of life on this planet
我们这个星球有生命
Is that, through random laws of biological evolution,
根据自然进化的随机规律
An intelligence as complex as ours ever emanated from it.
我们人类的智慧竟会这么复杂
The very idea of intelligent
竟会想到外星人
alien life is not only astronomically improbable,
在天文学上不可能
But at its most basic level downright antiDarwinian.
就是最基本的 也是完全反达尔文的
Scully, what are you wearing?
史卡利 你穿什么衣服
I understand what you're saying,
我知道你说什么
but I just need to keep looking.
但我要看一下
Yeah, well, don't look too hard.
大概找一下就行了
You might not like what you find.
也许你对找到的不喜欢
Isn't that what Dr Zaius said to
这不是佐斯博士对查尔顿·赫斯顿说的吗
Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes?
就在《人猿星球》的结尾
And look what happened.
看看发生了什么
Scully, I gotta go.
史卡利 我要走了
What? Mulder, what's going on?
怎么了 穆德
Mulder.
穆德
How ya doin'?
你好吗
What are you doin'?
你干什么
Just sitting, thinking. Sittin' and thinkin'.
坐在这里思考 是吗
And talkin' on the phone. Who with, your drug dealer?
打电♥话♥吗 打给谁 打给毒贩吗
Let me see some ID.
你的身份证
The Bureau? You on a case?
联邦调查局 你办案子
I heard reports of several UFO sightings in this area last night.
我听说昨晚在这里看见了UF0
Did you see anything?
你看见了吗
No, sir, not personally.
没有
But we did receive a lot of telephone calls.
但我确实收到很多电♥话♥
Any more calls tonight? No, sir.
今晚还有电♥话♥吗 没有
The FBI keeps tabs on these things?
调查局对这有兴趣
No.
没有
I don't like to pry,
对不起 我不喜欢乱打听
but why are you sitting here with your wiper blades on?
但你为什么坐在车上还开着雨刮
I was just knocking off some bugs that landed on my
有虫子撞在我的
Landed on my windshield.
挡风玻璃上
Cockroaches?
蟑螂
Maybe. Maybe beetles. I don't know.
也许吧 也许是甲壳虫
I'm not really good with bugs.
我不知道 对昆虫不太懂
Sorry to disturb you, sir. What's the matter?
对不起 打扰你了 怎么了
Another roach attack.
又一起蟑螂攻击
Hello. I think you better get up here.
喂 你快点过来
What is it?
怎么了
Cockroaches are mortally attacking people.
蟑螂会杀人
I'm not gonna ask you if you said
我不想说
what I think you said. I know it's what you said.
我知道你想说什么
I'm with a bug exterminator whose recently deceased body
这里发现了一具尸体 死者是灭虫人
Was discovered with cockroaches crawling all over him.
尸体上面爬满了蟑螂
The sheriff says two other bodies were found in the same condition this afternoon.
警长说下午发现另外两具尸体也是同样的情况
Where are you again?
你在哪
Miller's Grove. It has a large science constituency.
米勒树林 这里是一个高智商选区
The other incidents involved a biologist and an astrophysicist.
另外两个死者是分子生物学和天体物理学家
The witness to this case is an alternativefuel researcher.
目击者是替代燃料研究者
These reports are not coming from yahoos out in the boondocks.
这些报告不是空穴来风
The image of those cockroaches
那些蟑螂的形象
has been permanently imprinted onto my brain.
在我脑海中回荡
I see them every time I close my eyes.
闭上眼睛就看见它们
Try not to close your eyes.
那别闭眼
How am I gonna sleep? And where?
我睡觉怎么办 睡在哪
I'm certainly not spending the night here.
我可不想在这儿过夜
Maybe you could get a motel room or something.
你可以住旅馆
Were there insect bites on the body?
那里有虫子咬吗
Insect bites?
虫子咬
No.
不
Cos millions of people are actually allergic to cockroaches.
你知道很多人对蟑螂过敏
There have been reported cases of fatal reactions.
已经有过敏致命的案例
It's called anaphylactic shock.
这叫做过敏性休克
Anaphylactic shock? Such reactions have occurred to
过敏性休克 许多过敏
Entomologists or exterminators.
都发生在昆虫学家和灭虫人的身上
OK, we'll check that out. You still want me to come up?
我们检查一下 你要我去吗
No, no, no. I'm sure you're right. Thanks, Scully.
不用 我想你是对的 谢谢 史卡利
Who was that? My drug dealer.
是谁 毒贩
Dude, that's some good crap.
太他妈棒
Come on, it's your hoot.
来吧 你尝尝
I don't know about this, you guys.
我不清楚这些 伙计们
You really ought to, you know. Try it.
你应该了解 试一下
This stuff takes your mind and just sort of, you know, expands it.
这玩意让你的脑子 你知道 膨胀
Well, something tells me it's more
嗯 让我们脑子膨胀的玩意
than my mind you guys are interested in expanding.
多的是
Well, how about another beer, then?
再喝杯啤酒怎么样
OK. I don't know.
好吧我不知道
I think you're makin' a mistake here.
我想你犯了个错误
Beer is just, you know beer.
你知道啤酒 只是啤酒而已
But this stuff, it, like,
但这个东西
swings the doors of perception so wide open,
会让思绪的门大开
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表