剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
He would have been better off in the grave,
死亡对他来说会是种解脱
and we would have been better off without him.
没有他我们也会过得更好
I'm not going to put you in the same position
我不会让您陷入同样的境地
as my father put me in.
像我父亲对我那样
You will find enclosed on a separate sheet
信中附上了一张纸
a confession to the crimes you have been accused of.
上面供认了所有您被指控的罪名
They're false words, but my signature will make them true.
都是假的 但我的签名会使它们成真
Use them if you must.
有必要的话就用吧
If you truly believe that I have only served myself,
如果您真的认为我的所作所为都是为了自己
then I have forever lost your trust.
那么我已经永远失去了您的信任
All I can do now is give you my freedom to save your own.
我现在能做的 只有献出自己的自♥由♥以保住您
I said I would take the fall for you,
我说过我会替您承担责任
and now I give you the means to make that happen.
现在我把方法告诉了您
I am pulling the trigger myself.
我要自己扣动扳机
We all must make sacrifices to achieve our dream,
为了实现梦想我们都要做出牺牲
but sometimes we must sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.
但有时为了大局必须牺牲自己
It is my honor to make such a sacrifice now.
做出这样的牺牲是我的荣幸
Your loyal friend, still in my heart,
您忠实的朋友 至少我仍这样认为
if not in yours, Francis.
即便您不这么想 弗兰西斯
The Constitution sets forth the general principles --
宪法列出了一般原则
Sir? The president's on the phone.
先生 总统的电♥话♥
Mr. President.
总统先生
I got your letter. I had Tricia read it, too.
我收到信了 我让特莉莎也看了
I'm torn, Frank. Half of me wants to think you're genuine.
我很纠结 弗兰克 一半认为你是恳诚的
The other half doesn't trust a word of it.
另一半却一个字也不信
Does Tricia feel the same way?
特莉莎也这么想吗
She believes in Claire, which inclines her to believe in you.
她信任克莱尔 所以她也想相信你
I meant every syllable.
我字字发自肺腑
I wanted you to know beyond a shadow of a doubt
我想让您百分之百地相信
that I am willing to do whatever is necessary.
我愿做任何必要的事
Well, then why can't I shake the shadow?
那么 我为什么抛不开疑虑呢
Because I'm a liar, sir.
因为我是个骗子 先生
Because I lack scruples and some would even say compassion.
因为我无所顾忌 甚至可以说没有同情心
But that's just the image that I present to the world
但那只是我展示给世人的一面
because it elicits fear and respect.
因为那能使人害怕 让人尊敬我
But it is not who I am.
但我不是那样的人
My hope was that my letter would prove that to you.
我希望我的信能向您证明这一点
Well, even if you are being genuine,
好吧 就算你说的都是真的
that doesn't do much for me.
对我也没什么用
I won't survive impeachment
我想躲过弹劾
because I got along with my vice president.
不能只靠我和我的副总统关系好
No, I agree you need more than my good intentions.
是啊 我同意 您需要的不只是我的好意
Proof. That's what I want to see, Frank.
证明给我看 弗兰克
And not just falling on the sword. Show me results.
别光承担责任 我要结果
And then I'll reconsider whether you're worth any of my trust at all.
那样我会重新考虑你是否值得信任
You're talking votes.
您是说投票
Yeah. Whipping votes was your strong suit.
是的 拉票是你的强项
That's the side of you I want to see.
我想看到你那一面
I've already begun, sir.
我已经开始着手了 先生
Yeah? You have a count?
是吗 得到票数了吗
An approximation. The sands keep shifting.
只有个大概 形势一直在变化
Well, can we survive the House or not?
我们能得到众议院的支持吗
Possibly, but Jackie Sharp is making it very difficult.
有可能 但是杰姬·夏普在阻挠
Give me numbers.
告诉我票数
Over half of the 18 that she needs,
她需要18票 已经拉到过半
which is why I'd like to start focusing on the Senate.
所以我想从参议院下手
Don't you think that's premature?
你不觉得现在行动有点早吗
We should be prepared.
我们必须有所准备
The key battle is making sure that you avoid conviction.
重中之重就是确保您不被定罪
Well, you keep whipping, you keep getting me information,
你继续拉票 有消息告诉我
I'll answer your calls.
我就等你电♥话♥了
But don't take that as a sign of reconciliation, Frank.
但别以为你我就此相安无事了 弗兰克
I'll sing for my supper, sir.
我会感激收获 先生
I don't expect it for free.
但我不会以为我能不劳而获
Let's talk again tomorrow.
我们明早再商量
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您 总统先生
You said you wanted options.
你说你想有选择余地
Frank didn't leave me options. He fucked me.
但弗兰克让我没得选 他坑了我
You fucked him first when you sided with Tusk.
是你和塔斯克沆瀣一气 先把他坑了
But who cares what happened each inning?
但谁管中间过程怎样
It's the final score that counts.
只有最终比分才算数
Eight years I spent busting my ass in this office.
我在他麾下八年 为他跑前跑后
I can't seem to escape it.
看来还是躲不过为他卖♥♥命
You gonna help us or not?
你是帮我们还是不帮
I need to know what I gain.
我要知道我有什么好处
You'll be taking care of. Specifically.
你会得到关照的 说具体点
We'll see what makes sense when all the chips have fallen.
等到尘埃落定 再看看要怎么办吧
So you just want me to leap off a cliff
那你是要我闷头往悬崖下跳
and hope for a soft landing beneath?
指望着运气好摔不死吗
No one will touch you now. Nobody except us.
现在谁都不会要你 除了我们
We're as soft as you're gonna get.
我们就是你最好的运气
A job at the White House?
能在白宫给我一官半职吗
No promises.
这我说不准
Other than something commensurate
结果如何取决于你的
with your loyalty and experience.
忠诚度和经验
I could just walk away from it all. Start a new life.
我完全可以就此抽身 开始新的生活
No, you can't. You know you can't.
你抽不了身 你知道你做不到
You'd wither away anywhere but the Hill.
离了国会山 你只会衰萎
It's never been about the money,
不管你怎么骗自己
no matter what you tell yourself.
你做这一行不是为了钱
When I left, Frank begged me to stay.
我跳槽的时候 弗兰克求我留下
"Power versus money," He said.
他说"这是权和钱二选一"
Don't reduce myself to a tax bracket.
别屈尊加入那些缴富人税的人
He was right. And I doubt he begged.
他说得对 但我不认为他会求你
He was half right.
他对了一半
Power is better than money for as long as it lasts.
只要有权力握在手里 就比钱有用
But it never lasts.
但权力总会滑出手心
What's your answer?
你的回答是什么
You've gotten colder since you've taken over this job.
你当了党♥鞭♥之后变得更冷血了
It makes things easier.
这样办事容易些
On the outside.
只是对外吗
And the inside.
内外皆是
I miss you, Jackie.
我想你 杰姬
Tell me if you'll cooperate.
你打算合作的话 就告诉我
How's your brother enjoying working with the congressman?
你哥哥在议员手下干得如何
Oh, excuse me one second.
我接个电♥话♥
Mr. President.
总统先生
I want you to call Tusk. Tell him the deal is off.
我要你打给塔斯克 告诉他交易取消
What? You were right.
什么 你说得对
I don't want to take the risk.
我不想冒此风险
But I already spoke to him.
但我已经和他谈过了
Well, so speak to him again. And tell him there's no pardon.
那就再和他谈谈 告诉他特赦没戏了
Sir, I -- I -- I was skeptical of this strategy at first,
先生 我起初对这策略确实有些怀疑
but now that we've gone down this road, we should stick to it.
但我们已经选了这条路 就该走到底
Linda, do you still want your job back?
琳达 你还想回来做幕僚长吗
Of course, sir.
当然 先生
Then make the call.
那就打给他
I'd rather see what happens in the House
我想先看看众议院的结果
before I get involved in any way.
再决定要不要帮你们
But if you came out vigorously in defense of the President,
但如果你能表现出对总统坚定的支持
it might convince the Judiciary Committee --
可能会让司法委员会觉得...
To be honest, I'm not particularly inclined
说实话 我并不是很想
to be doing Walker any favors.
帮沃克的忙
Now, Michael, I know he revoked your nomination.
迈克尔 我知道他撤销了你的国务卿提名
He didn't fight for me at all.
他完全没有为我争取
Well, he'd just been elected. He wasn't in a position to --
他那时刚刚当选 还没有足够的...
Wrong. He had a clear mandate.
才怪 他明明有这权力
He was in a strong position to defend me.
他完全可以支持我
You're right.
你说得对
If I had been President I wouldn't have given in so easily.
如果我是总统 我不会那么轻易放弃
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表