剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
But sometimes barely is enough.
但有时候 哪怕只快一点也足够了
I'm sure he offered you a pardon.
他肯定提出给你特赦
Always better to offer something your competitor can't.
提供竞争对手给不了的 才是高招
Oh, but I can.
但我能给你更好的
The last time I read the Constitution,
据我所知 宪法规定的
the most a vice president could offer was, um,
副总统能给的最有价值的东西也就是...
smile and a wink.
陪陪笑脸 递递眼色了
I think I've proven that I'm not your typical vice president.
我想我已经证明我不是一般的副总统
Typical or not, you've lost, Frank.
一般或不一般 你都输了 弗兰克
I have an out. You don't.
我还有出路 你没有
Garrett will not survive impeachment.
加勒特撑不过弹劾的
If there's one skill you can't deny,
你绝不能否认
it's my ability to whip votes.
我拉选票的能力
In the House. Not in the Senate.
那是在众议院 不是在参议院
Which the Constitution makes me the President of.
但依据宪法 我是参议院的主席
And you saw what I did with entitlement.
你也看到我是怎么通过福利改革了
Hubris is giving you delusions of grandeur, Frank.
傲慢使你自以为了不起了 弗兰克
Let's say Walker squeaks by.
就算沃克侥幸逃过一劫
Yes, you get your pardon.
是的 你能得到特赦
But you've bound yourself at the hip
但你却把自己跟一个
to a man who has zero political capital.
没有任何政♥治♥资本的人拴在一起了
And if he gets convicted, we all go to jail.
如果他被定罪 我们都要坐牢
There's no pardon for anyone.
谁都没有特赦了
I'll roll the dice.
我愿意赌一把
Raymond, think like a businessman.
雷蒙德 用你的商业头脑想想
Haven't you built a fortune by minimizing risk?
你不就是靠尽量减小风险积累财富的吗
Isn't that why you stacked Congress all these years,
这不就是你这些年用钱堆砌国会
why you guided Garrett to the Oval,
引领加勒特当上总统
and why you kept me on as Whip?
留我当党♥鞭♥的原因吗
Walker is a junk bond quickly depreciating,
沃克是个垃圾股 贬值得快
whereas I can end the conflict with China
而我可以迅速解决和中国的贸易战
and keep you in the black.
还能保你不坐牢
You can't promise better relations with China.
你没法保证改善和中国的关系
I wrecked them. I can repair them.
我破坏的 我也能修复
Now let's work together, as we always intended to do.
一起合作吧 就如我们起初打算的那样
When they put you in that box barely bigger than a coffin,
等你被关进棺材大的牢房♥里
remember how beautiful the music was tonight.
记住今晚这美妙的音乐吧
It might give you some small degree of comfort.
或许能让你稍微好受点
Puccini's a downer. I prefer something much more optimistic.
普契尼太伤感 我喜欢积极向上的
They won't touch Brown. The trial date is set.
他们不肯放布朗 审判日期已经定了
They can reduce the charges.
他们可以减少指控
Dallas won't give. If I keep pressing,
达拉斯不愿让步 如果我继续施压
it'll start to look suspect.
会显得可疑
What I can do is make sure you don't get prosecuted.
我能确保你不被起诉
And I stop working for you.
还有我不再替你工作
Not quite. I told the U.S. Attorney
不全是 我跟检察官说
that we wanted to bring you on with us.
我们想让你为我们工作
Cyber terrorism division. You'd get a clean slate, as --
网络恐♥怖♥主♥义♥分局 你的案底将一笔勾销
No fucking way.
门都没有
They're not gonna let your case go
他们不会就那么放弃你
unless we give them a compelling reason.
除非我们给他们充分的理由
There's no o I've spent half my life fighting the Bureau.
没别的 我跟调查局斗争了半辈子
It's the only way I could sell it.
我只能这么说
Take this opportunity, Gavin,
抓住机会 嘉文
before they change their minds.
趁他们还没改主意
I want to meet with Douglas Stamper.
我要见道格拉斯·斯坦普
No. The deal was I find you a way out.
不行 我们说好了我帮你找出路
No, the deal was you help out Brown and you give me my freedom.
说好的是你帮布朗脱身并且还我自♥由♥
You haven't done shit for Brown,
你没为布朗办成任何事
and you still want to keep me under your thumb.
还想继续控制我
So I meet Stamper, or any kinda deal is off.
让我见斯坦普 否则一切免谈
Raymond said no.
雷蒙德没答应
He said neither yes nor no.
他没表态
I'll keep the pressure on.
我会继续施压
So he could still name you.
他还是有可能指证你
He could. Anything's possible.
是的 一切皆有可能
Well, you have to stop him.
你得阻止他
I'm trying.
我在尝试
Well, trying's not enough, Francis.
尝试远远不够 弗兰西斯
Well, I can't sit next to him in the hearing room
我总不能在听证会上坐在他旁边
with a gun to his head.
拿枪抵着他头
Now that sounds like an excuse.
这听起来像在找借口
It's a reality.
事实就是这样
You promised me I wasn't going to have to prepare for the worst.
你答应过 我不用做最坏的打算
And I intend to keep that promise.
我也打算信守诺言
Well, I want to be sure. I want both of us to be sure.
我想确保 我们都要确定会没事
The only surefire way is for Walker to call him off personally.
唯一万无一失的办法 就是让沃克阻止他
Then make that happen.
那就去办
I cannot force a man who thinks I'm his enemy
我不能逼一个拿我当敌人的人
to suddenly call me his friend.
突然把我当朋友
I've done what I had to do.
我该做的都做了
Now you do what you have to do.
现在轮到你了
Seduce him. Give him your heart.
勾引他 把你的心交给他
Cut it out and put it in his fucking hands.
挖出来放在他手上
Dear Mr. President,
亲爱的总统先生
I'm writing on an Underwood portable
我正在用我离开桑蒂诺时
my father gave me when I left for the Sentinel.
我父亲给我的安德伍德打字机给您写信
It was the words my father said when he gave it to me
我父亲将它给我时说了些话
that have resonated even more than this 70-year-old machine.
比这台七十多年的机器更让我能产生共鸣
"This Underwood built an empire," He said.
"这个安德伍德建立了一个商业帝国"他说
"Now you go and build one of your own."
"现在该你去建立一个属于你自己的帝国了"
Those words have been a large part of what has motivated my life.
这些话一直激励着我
I've only written one other letter with these keys.
我只用这台打字机写过另一封信
It did not fail me then. I hope it will not fail me now.
那封信不辱使命 希望这次也一样
You said I wanted to diminish you.
您说我想削弱您
The truth is, I don't.
实际上 我没有
You said I wanted to challenge you in 2016.
您说我想在2016年跟您竞争
The truth is, I don't.
实际上 我没有
You said I wanted the presidency for myself.
您说我想自己当总统
The truth is,
实际上
I do.
我的确想
What politician hasn't dreamed about what it would be like
哪个政客没想过
to take the oath of the highest office of our land?
宣誓执掌国家最高权力
I've stared at your desk in the Oval and coveted it.
我曾盯着您的总统办公桌看 觊觎它
The power, the prestige.
权力 威望
Those things have a strong pull on someone like me,
那些东西对我这样一个来自南卡罗来纳州
who came from a small South Carolina town with nothing.
一座小镇 曾一无所有的人来说有致命的吸引力
But since you assumed office,
但自您就职时起
my only aim has been to fight for you
我唯一的目标就是为您而战
and alongside you,
与您并肩作战
whether that be in Congress or as now,
无论是在国会还是现在
the battle over impeachment.
在这场弹劾之战中
Maybe one day I'll have my chance to serve as president,
或许有一天 我有幸能成为总统
but not while you are the nation's leader.
但绝不是您在任期间
And in you, sir, I see a brave man.
在您身上 我看到了勇敢
A just man. A president whom I would follow anywhere,
看到了正直 您是我愿意永远追随的总统
no matter how strong the wind blows against us.
无论我们遇到多大的阻力
I want to tell you something I have never told anyone:
有一件事我从没对任何人说过
When I was 13 I walked in on my father in the barn.
我13岁那年在谷仓里撞见我父亲
There was a shotgun in his mouth.
他把猎枪伸到嘴里
He waved me over. "Come here, Francis," He said.
他朝我摆了摆手说道"过来 弗兰西斯
"Pull the trigger for me."
替我扣动扳机"
Because he didn't have the courage to do it himself.
因为他没有勇气自己做
I said, "No, Papa," And walked out,
我说"不 爸爸" 就离开了
knowing he would never find that courage.
我知道他永远没有那个勇气
The next seven years were hell for my father,
接下来的七年里 我父亲生不如死
but even more hell for my mother and me.
但我母亲和我更加痛苦
He made all of us miserable.
他令我们都苦不堪言
Drinking, despair, violence.
酗酒 绝望 暴♥力♥
My only regret in life is that I didn't pull that trigger.
我一生中唯一的后悔 就是当时没扣动扳机
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表