剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Those are two very different girls.
这是两个截然不同的女孩
Which one are you more comfortable being?
你更喜欢做哪一个
My family's ranch. That was home…for me.
我家的农场 那是我的家园
You didn't like the prep school?
你不喜欢预科学校吗
No. I think I preferred the dirt.
不 我想我更喜欢泥巴
You grew up in – in Dallas, though. Um, Highland Park.
但你在达拉斯长大 在海兰帕克
Yes. My father, um, well, he was a businessman,
是的 我父亲 他是个生意人
So we lived in the city, but we're ranchers.
所以我们住在城里 但我们是农场主
I mean, we – we go back three generations, our family.
我们家过去三代人都是
Your parents were very wealthy.
你父母非常有钱
Uh, we were comfortable, yes.
我们过得很舒坦 没错
They made sure I wanted for nothing.
他们让我应有尽有
It was a very happy childhood.
的确是个快乐的童年
What is your most vivid memory from that time?
那段时间你最鲜活的记忆是什么
My 'most vivid memory.'
我"最鲜活的记忆"
Probably when I was about nine or ten,
可能是我九岁或十岁的时候
my father took me to Dealey Plaza, where Kennedy was shot.
我父亲带我去了肯尼迪遇刺的迪利广场
And he said, 'Claire, a great man died here.'
他说"克莱尔 一位伟人死在这里"
And I remember not fully comprehending the meaning of death yet.
我记得我当时还不完全理解死亡的概念
And I asked him how he died, and he told me.
我问他总统怎么死的 他就跟我说了
And I remember feeling so sad, so angry.
我记得我感到十分难过和愤怒
It seemed so unfair.
这太不公平了
I started to cry, and my daddy picked me up.
我哭了起来 然我后父亲抱起我
And he wrapped his arms around me,
他用胳膊搂着我
and he said, 'Don't be sad, sweetheart.
然后说道 "别伤心 宝贝儿
"He made the world a better place,
他让世界变得更好了
but sometimes that comes at a price.'
但有时这是要付出代价的"
I guess that was the most vivid memory.
我想这就是我最鲜活的记忆了
We are only eight votes away.
我们就差八票了
I'm sorry. I've made up my mind.
抱歉 我心意已决
Me, too. I've gotta stick to my guns on this one.
我也一样 我得坚持立场
You would rather let the government shut down --
你们宁愿让政♥府♥关门...
Hey, hey, hey.
你注意点
Don't put that on us
这你怨不着我们
just because we're on the ass-end of the whip list.
谁叫党♥鞭♥大人最后才想起来我们
Don't get us wrong. We have a lot of respect for you Jackie.
别误会 我们都很敬重你 杰姬
You're doing a fine job since Frank's gone.
弗兰克升任之后你一直干得不错
Different styles, but a fine job.
也许风格不同 但还是很好的
Excuse us just a moment.
请诸位稍候片刻
They're not taking me seriously.
他们根本不拿我当回事
'Cause you're not Frank.
因为你不是弗兰克
You mean because I'm not a man.
你是说我不是个男人
No. I mean Frank. They're used to being offered something.
不 我就是说弗兰克 他们都习惯了做交易
Ask them what they want.
问问他们有什么要求
I know Paul needs help with a waste treatment facility.
我知道保罗在垃圾处理厂的事上需要帮忙
You're being just as condescending as they are.
你也和他们一样瞧不起我
Take some good advice when you get it.
有好建议送到眼前 就接受吧
I was right earlier, wasn't I?
我之前就说对了 是不是
Paul, Remy tells me you need a waste treatment plant.
保罗 雷米告诉我你需要一间垃圾处理厂
We've had some trouble getting matching federal funds.
我们在申请联邦基金方面是有点麻烦
Ben, you mentioned once a winery museum in your district?
本 你说你想在选区内盖一座葡萄酒博物馆
We are making some great wines in Long Island these days.
我们长岛如今的葡萄酒是很不错的
I've tried some.
我喝过啊
the sort of piss that belongs in Paul's waste treatment plant.
这种东西正好该送去保罗的垃圾处理厂
Jackie--
杰姬
We have a possible terror attack,
我们刚遭遇了一场疑似恐怖袭击
and you're holding out your plate for more pork.
而你们还在这儿持票待沽
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
你们真该为自己感到羞愧
In my caucus, people are rewarded for good behavior,
我治下党团 党员只会因优异表现受嘉奖
not trading their votes for ransom.
我不会鼓励拿选票换酬金
When we walk in there, I expect the both of you to vote 'yes,'
待会儿进去投票 你们两位都要投赞成
without a moment's hesitation.
而且要毫不犹豫
Thank you for your change of heart.
多谢两位回心转意
Six more to go.
只剩六票了
You left Texas and, um, spent the last two years of high school
你离开德州 在著名的菲利普斯学院
at the prestigious Phillips Academy.
度过了中学最后两年
Where you would meet the future Vice President.
就是在那儿 你邂逅了未来的美国副总统
Back then just a dashing law student.
他那时只是个帅气的法学院学生
I never dreamed he would become Vice President, of course.
我从没想到他会成为副总统
Some people might think that your marriage may be a bit more
有人认为你们的婚姻比你说的
calculated than you let on,
要有更多的算计
that perhaps he needed your family's money.
也许他用得上你家的财富
No. That's just not true.
不 不是这样的
Your father did contribute an awful lot to his campaign.
你父亲可是为他的竞选投入不少
Yes, he did. Because he believed in Francis.
没错 因为他相信弗兰西斯
Would he have won that campaign
如果没有你父亲的资助
had it not been for your father's contributions?
他还能赢得选举吗
I don't know. I mean, it certainly helped.
这不好说 我父亲的资助绝对起了作用
But I like to think that it was Francis' ideas and leadership
但我认为 是弗兰西斯的理念和领导力
that convinced voters, not just TV commercials.
说服了选民 而不仅仅是竞选广♥告♥
You've been married for 27 years.
你和副总统已结婚27年了
That's right.
是的
You were just in school. I mean, you married so young.
你们结婚时还在上学 那时你们都很年轻
We did. But when you've found 'the one'…
没错 但如果找到了真爱
well, Francis was the one.
弗兰西斯就是我的真爱
You call him "Francis."
你称呼他为"弗兰西斯"
Well, back home, they call him "Frank," still.
在老家 他们还是叫他"弗兰克"
But he likes that I call him "Francis."
但他喜欢我叫他"弗兰西斯"
He said it makes him sound more sophisticated.
他说这称呼让他显得更老成
Is it hard being a politician's wife?
当政♥治♥家的妻子难吗
It's thrilling. Not without its challenges.
令人兴奋 但也有难处
Always in the background, subsuming your goals for his goals.
甘居幕后 为了他的追求而委屈自己
No, I don't see it that way.
我倒不这么看
We're two very independent people who
我们都是非常独♥立♥的人
have chosen to live our lives together.
只是选择共同经营生活而已
I support him. He supports me.
我支持他 他也支持我
Which, you know, goes back to the political partnership.
这就回到了政♥治♥上的合作的话题上
Well, my husband happens to be a politician,
我丈夫的确是位政♥治♥家
and I happen to do political work.
而我也正好从事政♥治♥工作
But our partnership extends far beyond that.
但我们的关系远不止如此
Children.
孩子呢
Was that a sacrifice?
这是你们做的牺牲吗
Because you haven't had any.
因为你们还没生过孩子
Francis and I wanted to devote our lives to public service.
弗兰西斯和我想献身公共事业
And we didn't feel that we could both do that
而我们一致认为投身公职
and be the parents we wanted to be.
就难以善尽父母之责
So, we made the choice.
所以我们作了取舍
We've heard that answer before.
这回答我们之前听过了
Sorry?
你说什么
You have given the exact same answer in previous interviews.
你在以前的访问中给出过一模一样的回答
Because it's the truth.
因为这是事实
Forgive me, but 'career' and 'timing,'
不好意思 但是"工作"和"时机"
uh, those are often very convenient answers.
人们总会找这样的借口
It is true that whatever it takes for people to get
从有这个念头到真正去做之间有个过程
from 'maybe' to 'yes' never arrived for me.
而我一直没能走完这个过程
Never felt the pressure? No maternal instinct?
你不觉得有压力吗 没有做母亲的渴望吗
No.
没有
And it was a choice? It wasn't because you couldn't have any?
那么这是你的选择 并不是你不能生育
Well, Francis and I did what was right for us.
弗兰西斯和我是为了大局着想
Because it is unusual, I mean, even now,
因为即使是现在
for politicians at the executive level
身在领导层的政♥治♥家没有孩子
not to have children.
也是不寻常的事
Yes, it is.
是的
In your husband's second congressional campaign,
你丈夫第二次参加国会竞选时
there was a Republican, a pro-family candidate,
有一位反堕胎的共和党候选人
who made some pretty unsettling accusations.
他对你们做了一些相当难听的指责
Well, Francis is a Southern Democrat,
弗兰西斯是一位南方民♥主♥党人
and we have thick skins.
我俩的脸皮都很厚
He suggested, in order to keep your husband's political career on track.
他说 为了保住你丈夫的政♥治♥生涯
Children are the center of many people's lives.
孩子是很多人生活的中心
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表