剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
It would send a strong message if we had the First Lady in our corner.
如果有第♥一♥夫♥人♥支持 我们的表态就有力多了
If you think I could help.
如果你觉得我能帮上忙的话
Well, if the head of the Women's Caucus,
妇女党团的领袖
both wives from the White House...
以及白宫的第一和第二夫人加起来...
That's a meeting they couldn't sweep under the rug.
这样的组合他们没法无视
And the fact that the Chairman sent anyone is promising,
主席肯派人来 就已经是很好的兆头了
but we need to make sure our message gets back to him.
但我们得保证他真能听到我们的声音
I just...I haven't been through the same sort of experience.
只是 我没有过此类经历
Well, why should that prevent you?
这有什么妨碍呢
I don't know if I have a right to speak about it.
我不知道我是不是有发言权
You're the First Lady.
你可是第♥一♥夫♥人♥
You have a right to speak about anything you want.
你有权发表任何言论
Mr. White? Mrs. Marbury.
怀特先生 马博利太太
I'm Susan.
叫我苏珊
Well, it's a pleasure to meet you.
很高兴见到你
I know I'm a little off the beaten path.
我知道这里挺偏僻的
Did you have any trouble finding me?
找这里困难吗
No. The directions were great. Easy as pie.
不 您给的指示很明确 找起来很轻松
Well, good.
那就好
Come in.
请进
I have to admit I've been looking forward to this all day.
我得承认 我都期待一整天了
I didn't realize you were announcing so soon.
没想到你们这么快就要宣布了
We've had some great luck with the endowment.
我们收到了慷慨的捐款
Well, my husband didn't get much recognition while he was alive.
我丈夫生前没受到多少嘉奖
I was so thrilled when Planned Parenthood asked to
计划生育协会想以他来命名基金
name a fund after him.
真让我激动
Well, we're thrilled that you're open to it.
您肯同意 我们也很高兴
When you called, you said you had some questions?
你之前打电♥话♥说有些问题要问
They're delicate. That's why I wanted to come in person.
问题挺敏感的 所以我想亲自来问
"Delicate", how?
怎么个"敏感"法
There are a lot of people who will protest
很多人会抗♥议♥向未成年人
this sort of financial assistance to minors.
提供这方面的经济资助
And we want to make sure they have no cause to smear us.
我们得保证他们找不到诽谤我们的根据
People tried to smear my husband his entire career.
我丈夫这辈子 总有人想诋毁他
He never let it affect the work he was doing.
他从不让这些事影响他的工作
Did your husband ever perform any illegal abortions?
您丈夫实施过任何非法堕胎手术吗
I need you to answer me, Mrs. Marbury.
我需要您的答案 马博利太太
Did your husband perform any illegal abortions?
您丈夫实施过任何非法堕胎手术吗
I won't discuss that.
我不想讨论这个
Nothing unreported?
没有未上报的吗
Young man, you're not old enough to remember.
年轻人 你年纪不大 不会记得
But there was a time when everybody --
但在过去 人人...
What about any prominent figures
有没有涉及什么大人物
who the Anti-Choice crowd could vilify?
能被反堕胎人士拿来当靶子的
No.
没有
Did Dr. Marbury perform an abortion for Claire Underwood?
马博利医生有没有为克莱尔·安德伍德做过堕胎
No, he did not.
不 他没有
I know for a fact that he did.
我知道他做过
That is not true, and I would like you to leave now.
这是谎话 我想请你马上离开
Forgive me, Mrs. Marbury.
抱歉 马博利太太
I haven't been entirely honest with you.
我对您没说实话
My name's Seth Grayson.
我叫赛斯·格雷森
I don't work for Planned Parenthood.
我不为计划生育协会工作
No. Let him come to me.
不 让他来找我
Get Mr. Tusk on the phone.
给塔斯克先生打电♥话♥
You should ashamed of yourself.
你真该为自己感到羞愧
I'm doing this for your own good, Mrs. Marbury.
我是为了你好 马博利太太
Imagine the media frenzy.
想想媒体炒作的后果
Your husband's legacy, destroyed.
您丈夫生前的名声尽毁
The press hounding you, day and night.
媒体日日夜夜追着您不放
And Planned Parenthood Fund, gone.
计划生育基金 也没有了
How do I know you work for her?
我怎么知道你是不是为她工作
That you're not just some right-wing fanatic who wants to destro?
而不是什么右翼狂热分子 打算摧毁...
Because I wouldn't have done you the courtesy of paying a visit.
否则我就不会亲自登门拜访了
There would've been an army of
来的就不是我
satellite trucks at your door instead of me.
而是一队卫星转播车了
Well, I won't tell anyone, if that's what you're worried about.
我不会告诉任何人的 如果你是担心这个
I believe you.
我相信您
Did your husband keep records of any kind of who he assisted?
您丈夫有没有对他帮助过的女人做过任何记录
Anything at all? Notes? Unofficial records?
任何东西 笔记或非公开记录
He kept a journal.
他有一本日记
Do you still have it?
您还能找到吗
May I?
我能看看吗
Go ahead.
看吧
Oh. I need to take this with me.
我得把它带走
Can't you just take out that page?
你不能把那页撕掉吗
Someone finds this with pages missing,
如果有人找到这本日记 这几页又缺了
that could raise eyebrows.
那会引起怀疑
There's 60 years of his life in there.
这里面有他60年的人生
From when we met until he died.
从我们相遇到他去世
And do you want six decades
那您希望那六十年被遗忘
reduced to one night in August...25 years ago?
却只剩下25年前8月的一个晚上吗
Now just imagine what it looked like back then.
想象一下这里当时的情形
The edge of the ridge was a dense thicket,
山脊边缘是茂密的灌木丛
which allowed the Northern troops to come in and form on the Mule Shoe.
北方军队得以长驱直入 在骡子鞋列队
Now the Southern regiments were entrenched
南方军在山脊顶端
in this area at the apex of the line.
这一带挖好了战壕
As you can see,
如您所见
the topography really forced the two sides down towards each other.
这里的地形迫使双方向下走 逼近彼此
This is the Bloody Angle.
这里就是血腥角
That's right.
没错
I was reading about it last night.
我昨晚还读到了相关内容
Close quarters, hand-to-hand combat.
短兵相接 白刃相见
All told, about 15,000 Union-Confederate soldiers
据说 南北双方共有一万五千名士兵
lost their lives here at the Bloody Angle, on a battlefield
在血腥角这块半英里宽的战场上
that's only about half a mile wide.
失去了生命
Now, Mr. Vice President, we have a surprise for you today.
副总统先生 我们今天为您准备了一份惊喜
I'd like to introduce you to Corporal Augustus Elijah Underwood
向您介绍麦高文旅第12军团的
of the 12th Regiment of the McGowan Brigade,
奥古斯都·以利亚·安德伍德下士
your great-great-great-grandfather.
您的曾曾曾祖父
I died here in this battle.
我在这场战役中牺牲于此
I think there's been a mistake.
我觉得是搞错了吧
My grandfather never mentioned any Underwoods in the war.
我祖父从没说过祖上有人参加过内战
We did our research.
我们做过调查
He definitely fought and died here.
他就是在这里战斗牺牲的
I was 24. And my son,
我只有24岁 而我儿子
your great-great-grandfather was two years old.
你的曾曾祖父只有两岁
I never met him.
我从没见过他
It happened here, at the Bloody Angle?
就是在这里吗 在血腥角
At the edge of those woods.
在那片林子边上
My skull was bashed in with a rock.
我的脑袋被石头砸扁了
Augustus, thank you.
奥古斯都 谢谢你
Now, uh, over here we've got something that's,
这边 还有一些
uh, very interesting as well.
有趣的东西
Uh, j—just a moment.
等一下
Tell me more.
接着说
It was the middle of the night.
当时正是半夜
And we were out of musket balls, just bayonets.
我们的子弹打光了 只剩下刺刀
Only half of us had those. I had nothing.
而且只有一半人有刺刀 我什么都没有
Just these hands.
只能靠这双手
So dark, couldn't see nothing.
天很黑 什么都看不见
But you could hear 'em, the Yanks, runnin' toward us.
但能听北方佬在朝我们跑来
And then you could smell 'em.
接着就能闻到他们了
First Yank that brushed up against me,
我遇到的第一个北方佬
I grab him by the throat, fall down on the ground.
被我掐住了脖子 倒在地上
I bit him so hard, I could taste the bone.
我用力打他 打到皮开肉绽
Then he grabs a rock and brings it down right here.
然后他抓起一块石头 砸中了这里
And that was that.
我就这么死了
I was buried in a mass grave, no headstone.
我被埋在万人冢里 没有墓碑
Could we get a picture with you and Augustus?
能给您和奥古斯都拍张合影吗
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表