剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
The Vice President just entered the Department of Justice.
副总统刚刚走进司法部大楼
We're here with Ayla Sayyad,
现场请到的是艾拉·萨伊德
whose Wall Street Telegraph article
她发表在《华尔街电讯报》上的文章
catalyzed the investigation. Ayla.
直接促成了这次调查 艾拉
The issue at stake is whether the White House was in any way involved.
关键问题在于白宫与此事是否有牵连
Was foreign money traded for political favors?
是否有国外资金用于换取政♥治♥支持
Did it influence diplomatic relations?
又是否对外交关系产生影响
Just the act of laundering Chinese contributions is illegal.
单是为来自中国的政♥治♥献金洗白就是违法的
If it had a significant impact on White House policy,
如果这笔钱对白宫决策产生影响的话
that's a far more serious crime.
那就是更严重的罪行了
You've met with Daniel Lanagin on multiple occasions.
你曾多次与丹尼尔·拉尼根会面
We were in the same room, yes, on 11 occasions since 2003.
没错 2003年起我们曾11次共处一室
But we only spoke on three of those occasions.
但其中我们交谈过的只有三次
Those instances are highlighted.
那几次已经标出来了
What did you discuss?
你们谈了什么
Well, these were fundraisers.
那都是在筹款会上
I speak to dozens of people,
我对着几十号♥人发表讲话
usually about nothing at all.
也没有什么特定的话题
I'm southern, Ms. Dunbar.
我是南方人 邓巴女士
My mother taught me that
我妈妈教导我
conversation during mealtime is not only polite,
席间讲话不仅礼貌
it aids the digestive process.
还有助消化
So you didn't speak to him
那你没有跟他谈到过
about the Adohi tribe's contributions to any of these super PACs?
阿道希部落向这些超级政♥治♥行动委员会捐款的事吗
Absolutely not.
绝对没有
I never discuss super PACs with any supporters.
我从不和支持者提超级政♥治♥行动委员会
We both know the law.
我们熟悉法律规定
During one of these polite conversations,
在这些礼节性的谈话中
do you recall Mr. Lanagin ever mentioning Xander Feng?
拉尼根先生可曾向你提起过冯山德
I do not.
我想没有
Does that name mean anything to you?
你听说过这个名字吗
Other than being plastered all over the news?
你是说除了铺天盖地的媒体报道吗
In that regard it means as much as Kim Kardashian.
从这个角度说 就像我也听说过金·卡戴珊
Then let me be more specific.
那我再说得明确些
What knowledge do you have of Mr. Feng's political activities?
你对冯先生的政♥治♥活动有什么了解
Is this coming from your husband, or is it...?
这是你丈夫的意思还是
From me.
是我的意思
And it's not that I don't support the bill anymore.
而且不是说我不再支持法案了
It's just the article.
只是采访的事
We've promised Matt an interview.
我们已经答应让马特做专访了
Maybe in a few weeks,
那往后推几周吧
once the investigation has died down.
等调查尘埃落定之后再说
The New York Times isn't going to wait for us.
《纽约时代杂♥志♥》可不会干等着我们
They've already scheduled the cover for October.
他们已经腾出十月份的封面
Based on our timing --
鉴于我们的安排
Then I can't be a part of it.
那就恕难参与了
It's the Galloway nonsense, isn't it?
是因为嘉乐威的事 是不是
Claire, come on.
克莱尔 别这么说
It's okay.
没事的
You can say so. We're friends.
你直说就行 我们是朋友
It doesn't help.
的确影响不好
You don't actually believe I --
你不会真♥相♥信我
No.
当然不信
But enough of the country still does.
但国内还是有不少人信的
And Garrett needs every bit of support he can get right now.
加勒特现在需要争取每一份支持
So there's no convincing you?
那你心意已决了
I'll help as much as I can.
我会尽可能帮你
Quietly.
悄悄地帮
There are rumors that you and Mr. Feng
有传言说你和冯先生
served as back channels to the trade summit last May.
在去年五月的贸易峰会上进行了私下接触
Exactly. Rumors.
没错 就是"传言"
We have Feng in the U.S. during the summit.
峰会期间冯就在美国境内
Well, if he was back-channeling,
就算他做了私下接触
and even if I were aware,
就算我知情
any form of diplomatic communication is usually classified.
这种外交接触一般都是保密的
Have you ever discussed Feng with the President?
你和总统说起过冯吗
Any major player in Beijing is worthy of discussion.
北♥京♥每一个权势人物我们都会说起
So that's a yes.
那就是承认了
It's a general comment.
只是陈述一般情况
Did you discuss him during the energy crisis?
你在能源危机期间与别人说起过他吗
I assuming you're alluding to the refinery co-venture with --
我猜你是指跟他合资投资精炼厂的
Yes. With Raymond Tusk.
没错 我是指雷蒙德·塔斯克
The refinery was never part of our conversation.
我们从来没聊起过精炼厂
We needed an immediate solution.
我们要的是能立即见效的方案
A refinery would have solved nothing in the short term.
建精炼厂在短期内什么都解决不了
And it's my understanding that deal fell through.
而且据我所知 这交易最后黄了
Correct. But Tusk did receive a subsidy.
没错 但塔斯克拿到了补贴
As did every other nuclear energy provider.
其他核电供应商也都拿到了
But his connection with Feng,
但他和冯有联♥系♥
then a subsidy on samarium --
还有钐补贴
Nobody made any profits off these subsidies.
没人从这笔补贴中获利
At best they were breaking even.
至多也就是保本而已
In fact, Raymond fought us on the issue.
事实上 雷蒙德一开始还反对补贴的事
Then let's back up to the Port Jefferson Bridge.
那我们再说说杰斐逊港大桥吧
I don't blame her. It's a valid concern.
这也怨不得她 这的确值得担忧
Tell him I won't engage on Galloway,
告诉他我不会谈嘉乐威的事
so there's no point in asking.
所以干脆也别问
This is Matt Bai.
这可是马特·贝
We can't dictate what he'll ask. And he will ask.
他要问什么我们说了不算 而他肯定会问这个
Well, then I'll just say I won't answer tabloid questions.
那我就说我不会回应这些无聊八卦
It's a legitimate question.
这是个合理的问题
How the scandal could affect the vote.
丑闻对选举有什么影响
Look, I say you pull out, too.
我建议我们也不做了
We scrap the whole piece.
取消掉整篇专题
Jackie is fighting us.
杰姬在和我们对着干
The leadership is noncommittal.
总统方面又指望不上
We need this article to refocus attention.
我们需要这篇专访让大家重新关注法案
But it'll hurt you.
但这于你不利啊
Both your personal image and the bill.
对你的形象和法案都不利
But if we cut the cord,
但如果我们谁都不靠
we schedule two interviews,
约好的两场采访
then we cancel, won't Matt be furious?
就这么取消了 马特不会生气吗
The story will be about pulling out.
那么大家只会看到我们的退缩
We're talking about the lesser of two evils.
我们要权衡利弊
I don't want you to become the target,
我不希望你成为目标
to undo all the work Then what if it's not me at all?
使我们的努力白费 如果不是我去呢
But you said the first lady wasn't going --
可你说第♥一♥夫♥人♥不打算
Not her. Someone else.
不是她 是其他人
Was the bridge a trade-off to prevent additional GOP funding?
建设大桥是否是换取切断共和党资助金的筹码
As far as I know,
据我所知
the bridge was a delivery on a promise
这座大桥是总统在兑现
the president had made to the voters.
他对选民做出的承诺
Are we finished here?
还没问完吗
Almost.
快了
How many members of Congress have you interviewed, Ms. Dunbar?
你会见过多少位国会议员 邓巴女士
About 200?
200吗
194.
194位
Well, I want to be of help,
我想帮忙
but I doubt I can offer any more than the 194 that preceded me.
但我想前面194位都已经说得差不多了
I have gotten some useful testimony.
我得到了一些有用的证词
From who? A highranking House member.
从谁那儿 众议院高层
In the leadership?
领导层的吗
I'm not at liberty to say.
我不能说
Bob Birch? Jackie Sharp?
鲍勃·博奇 杰姬·夏普
This individual says he attended a meeting
这个人说他参加了7月14日
July 14th in the Oval Office.
在总统办公室的会议
She said "He," so it must have been Birch.
她说是个男的 那么一定是博奇
I'm sure Raymond had no trouble buying him off.
雷蒙德肯定能轻易收买♥♥他
You attended that meeting also.
你也参加了那次会议
It appears so.
看来是这样的
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表