剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
that's in front of Congress right now.
性侵法案吧
You know it's taken some significant opposition,
有人提出了很强烈的反对意见
most notably from another veteran,
尤其是另一个老兵
Jacqueline Sharp.
杰奎琳·夏普
If you ask me, she's betraying her country, too.
要我说 她也背叛了自己的国家
Ms. Dunbar.
邓巴女士
Mr. Vice President.
副总统先生
Thank you for giving us a few extra days.
谢谢你多给我们几天时间
I have no problem being patient,
耐心对我来说不是问题
as long as it leads to forthright answers.
只要能因此得到坦率的回答
Well, I won't make you wait a moment longer.
我不会让你继续等待了
Shall we?
可以开始了吗
Oh, you found it.
你找到这里了
Have a seat.
请坐
We're just finishing up here.
我们马上就完事了
What do you think, Mr. Tusk?
你觉得怎么样 塔斯克先生
Keep growing it or have it shaved?
留着还是剃了
Ah, I guess I'll keep growing it.
还是留着吧
Ah, no problem.
没问题
Let me just clean up the back here.
我把后面清理一下
No, Mack, if you'd give me a couple of minutes.
不了 麦克 让我们单独待会儿
Appreciate it.
谢了
I had this place built down here about 10 years ago.
大概十年前我在这里建造了这个地方
I got tired of driving all the way across town every two weeks.
我厌倦了每两周都要开车穿过整个城市
Now it's just an elevator ride.
现在坐个电梯就到了
Convenient.
真方便
You know what isn't convenient?
你知道不方便的是什么吗
Cramming eight attorneys into my office.
在我办公室里挤下八个律师
It was not designed for the entire partnership of my law firm.
那里不是为召集我律所所有合伙人准备的
They're worried about Lanagin.
他们比较担心拉尼根
He's a little shaky, but he'll hold up.
他有点害怕 但他能挺住
Underwood?
安德伍德
Birch delivered.
博奇出手了
And did Dunbar bring up Stamper?
邓巴提出斯坦普的问题了吧
The sessions are closed-door,
会面是闭门的
but I can't imagine she didn't.
不过我想她肯定会提的
And what about poor Havemeyer?
那可怜的哈维梅耶那边呢
Was he any help to us on Jackie Sharp?
他在杰姬·夏普的事上对我们有帮助吗
I do not take your hesitation as a promising sign.
你的犹豫说明进展不顺吧
I never like disappointing you.
我向来不喜欢让你失望
He had nothing.
他什么都不知道吗
No.
不知道
Now, do you think that's because there's nothing here,
你觉得他是确实不知道呢
or because he's protecting her.
还是他在保护她呢
There's nothing there.
他就是不知道
I can go to another congressman --
我可以再找一个别的议员
No, no, no.
不行
It has to be somebody high-profile,
必须是个曝光率高的人
someone in the leadership who will make waves.
领导层的人 才能引起轰动
Let me get back to Birch.
那我再找找博奇
Too obvious,
太明显了
now that he's shown no sympathy for Frank.
既然他摆明了不会对弗兰克手软
This can't look orchestrated.
算盘不能打得太响
Multiple fronts, Remy.
多线作战 雷米
Has to be Jackie Sharp.
必须得是杰姬·夏普
Mack?
麦克
Let's finish up here.
把头发弄完吧
I gotta get back to work.
我得回去干活儿了
You got it, boss.
没问题 老板
You need to get back to work, too.
你也得去干活儿了
And what we discussed?
我们说的事
Make it happen.
把它们办成
You denied being a back channel.
你之前否认你是去私下接触的人
I did not deny.
我没否认
I chose not to confirm because it was classified.
我没有证实 因为这是机密信息
But your office has consistently denied --
但是你的办公室一直否认
I instructed Doug to do so,
我让道格那么做的
along with my communications department.
还有我的新闻部
When a back channel becomes public,
私下接触如果公之于众
it defeats its purpose.
也就没什么用了
An orchestrated deception --
精心编造的谎言
If we had refused to comment,
如果我们不予置评
it would have suggested that it was true,
人们就会知道确有其事
which would have endangered the process.
就会危及这一渠道
I really had no choice.
我实在没办法
Mr. Feng is currently in Dubai.
冯先生目前在迪拜
I know.
我知道
He's fleeing corruption charges.
他因腐♥败♥指控畏罪潜逃
Not the first time he's been accused.
这不是他第一次被指控了
And your question?
你的问题是什么呢
I know he laundered the money, Mr. Vice President.
我知道是他洗钱 副总统先生
It's just a matter of time
我找到确凿证据
before I have the proof to substantiate that.
只是迟早的事
So my question, which I am asking again,
而我的问题就是 我再问一遍
is whether you knew.
你当时是否知情
And I will repeat my answer.
那我就再回答一遍
I did not.
我当时并不知情
I did sense that something was awry,
我当时的确觉得有点不对劲
and Doug was aware of my concerns.
道格知道我的担忧
And I took it upon myself to find out.
我觉得调查清楚是我的责任
The vice president didn't know.
副总统并不知情
You had no knowledge he was going to the casino?
你不知道他去赌场的事吗
None. But that doesn't mean
不知道 但这并不代表
I don't take full responsibility for my staff's behavior.
我不对我手下的行为负责
The buck stops with me.
我责无旁贷
And what did you find?
那你发现了什么
Nothing. No illegal activity.
什么都没发现 没有非法行为
I don't have the same resources that you do.
我不像你那么神通广大
If you suspected,
如果你有所怀疑
why didn't you go immediately to the NIGC,
为什么不立即联络国家印第安人博♥彩♥委员会
the BIA, the Department --
印第安人事务局 或者...
You have to understand.
你得理解
We're facing very difficult midterms.
我们中期选举很吃力
I didn't want to bring attention
我不想为一些
to a series of allegations that may have no basis in fact.
没有实据的判断而引发关注
Now, that may have been misguided logic,
或许这逻辑不是很合理
but that's how I chose to act.
但这是我当时的选择
The mistake is mine and mine alone.
错误全在我一个人头上
Not Doug's.
跟道格没关系
And certainly not the president's.
当然更算不到总统头上
It shouldn't surprise you
我要是说我觉得
if I say it feels like I am not getting the full picture.
我没看到事情的全部 你不会意外吧
Which is why I'm prepared to give you the full picture.
所以我打算把全部展示给你
Oliver?
奥利弗
The White House believes in transparency.
白宫相信透明度
All of the vice president's personal travel logs.
副总统全部个人出行记录
And the last 10 years since I became whip.
还包括我十年党♥鞭♥任期内的记录
As well as the president's since inauguration.
和总统就职后的所有记录
There should be no doubt as to whom we met with and when.
我们会面的对象和时间都没有任何问题
I am skeptical about what this contains.
我很怀疑里面的内容
Which is what we anticipated
这点我们也预料到了
and why Oliver will walk you through anything
所以奥利弗会全程在场
you might need to know.
陪你审查全部材料
It's all there.
全都在那儿了
But if you have any questions or requests,
但如果你还有其他疑问或要求
we'll be happy to facilitate.
我们也愿意倾力协助
I mean, at first I was really nervous.
刚开始我很紧张
But then as soon as I started getting into it,
但我一进入状态
starting speaking from my heart,
开始吐露心声
all these things poured out.
一切都自然脱口而出
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表