剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
ethical, and patriotic than Garrett Walker.
最诚实 正直 爱国的人
His reverence for the Constitution and the laws of this country
他对我国宪法和法律的尊重
are surpassed by none.
无人能及
Tricia and I have been blessed with a strong and loving marriage.
特莉莎和我有幸拥有一段坚固忠诚的婚姻
But even strong marriages face challenges.
但再坚固的婚姻也会面临挑战
Like millions of Americans,
就像成百万的美国人一样
we sought counseling from a spiritual advisor,
我们向一位宗教导师寻求建议
one who happened also to be a professional therapist.
而他恰好也是一位职业治疗师
Over the years we have often
多年来我们经常
turned to our faith in times of adversity.
在困境中向我们的信仰寻求帮助
Many have criticized us.
很多人批评我们
But would you rather have a president that doesn't ask for help?
但你们宁愿要一位不去寻求帮助的总统吗
I ask for help from my wife every day.
我每一天都会请我妻子帮我
We've relied on one another for 23 years.
我们相扶相依已经有23年了
We've raised two beautiful children together.
我们一起养育了两个漂亮的孩子
Endured the campaign trails together.
一起走过了竞选之旅
From the state capital in Denver
从州首府丹佛
to the nation's capital,
一路来到国家首都
we've always been at each other's side.
我们一直都在彼此身边
I married this man for the
我嫁给这个人的原因
same reason that so many of you voted for him.
和你们很多人选他的原因一样
Because he's a man of God. Because he believes in family.
因为他是一位信徒 因为他热爱家人
Because he is compassionate and loving.
因为他有同情心和爱心
Now, none of us are perfect.
人无完人
I'm not. Tricia's not.
我不是 特莉莎也不是
Although she certainly comes close.
尽管她很接近完美了
Good morning, Mr. Feng.
早上好 冯先生
I won't ignore what makes me human.
我不会否认我作为凡人的极限
That's a form of blindness.
否则只是盲目
Good leadership means tackling my imperfections head on.
好的领导者应该正视自己的缺点
Not bad for a man on the run.
对一个在逃亡的人来说不错嘛
You mean a man with immunity.
你是说对一个有豁免权的人来说
Wherever you're most comfortable.
随便你想怎么说了
We have a lot to discuss.
我们有很多事要谈
I do so with open eyes.
我是在了解情况的前提下这么做的
Just as I love, with open eyes,
我的爱也是明明白白的
my wife, my maker,
爱我的妻子 爱上帝
and my country.
爱我的国家
Come in.
请进
Thank you, Meechum.
谢谢 密查姆
Jackie, in these circumstances normally I would come to you,
杰姬 这种情况下 一般来说我会去找你
but we need to keep a public distance for the time being.
但现在我们表面上还是保持距离为好
I thought I was here to discuss the sexual assault bill.
我以为我是来讨论性侵法案的
You are. Among other things.
是的 还有其他事
I see.
明白了
There's a price.
你有条件
Well, we don't think of it that way.
不要这样说
I'm going to support your bill, no matter what you say today.
不管今天你说什么 我都会支持你的法案
Regarding?
什么事
Impeachment.
弹劾
Well, if it goes to the Judiciary --
如果事情真闹到司法委员会
It most definitely will.
几乎肯定是会的
I'm not sure about that.
我不那么肯定
Did you see the president's address?
你们看了总统的声明了吗
We did.
我们看了
I think it will help. Stop the bleeding.
我觉得能起些作用 控制事态
Impeachment can be defeated.
而且弹劾可以被否决
But that's we need to avoid.
但那是我们要避免的
You want impeachment...
你希望弹劾
Why fight a losing battle?
为什么要打一场明知会输的仗
We have a majority in the House.
我们在众议院是多数党
We do now.
现在是
But if this party fails to distance itself from a toxic president...
但如果本党不能和一个污点总统划清界限
We're thinking ahead here.
我们在做长远打算
It's why I came to you about the bill.
所以我才会找你就法案的事和解
Because it wasn't worth burning a bridge over.
我们不值得为它翻脸
In the long run we have a lot more to gain by working together.
长远来讲 我们合作的好处更多
I don't understand.
我不明白
You said in the Telegraph article that you would sta--
你在《电讯报》采访的时候说你会
I had to.
我必须那么说
My office is three doors down from the president's.
我的办公室跟总统的只隔了三个房♥间
I can't publicly deride him.
我不能公开诋毁他
You want me to do it?
你要我来
We want you to do what you do so well: whip the votes.
我们想要你做你最拿手的 拉选票
I can't abandon the president.
我不能背叛总统
If the party rescues him,
如果本党救了他
we'll lose 50 seats in the House in the midterms.
我们将在中期选举时失去50个席位
You will lose your position in the leadership.
你会失去你在领导层的地位
And it will take us a decade
我们要花十年
to regain the trust of the electorate.
重新赢得选民的信任
All we're asking is that you have an open mind.
我们只求你肯听取意见
Claire kept an open mind,
克莱尔就是如此
and you'll pass sexual assault reform as a result.
你得以修改性侵法案
You can't possibly compare impeachment to --
你不能把弹劾和...
It's an illustration, Jackie.
只是举个例子 杰姬
Of what the future looks like.
说明未来会怎么样
What we offer is progress.
我们提出的 是进步
With a promise of more to come.
并保证日后还会有更多进步
It's only the beginning, Jackie.
这只是个开始 杰姬
Ruthless pragmatism, remember?
坚决 务实 记得吗
That's why I wanted you to be the whip.
所以我才选你做党♥鞭♥
The three of us, we're cut from the same cloth.
我们三个是同一类人
Mr. Vice President,
副总统先生
what you're asking is just shy of treason.
你要我做的 几乎是叛国
Just shy. Which is politics.
几乎 也就是政♥治♥
Be careful. It's delicate.
小心 那很易碎
What is it?
这是什么
Something I've been working on for a very long time.
一件我做了很久的事
And it's nearly finished.
马上就要完成了
Jackie?
杰姬
Help us finish it.
帮我们完成吧
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表