剧集 | 百年酒馆(2016) | 导航列表
Okay, so you worked at, I'm sorry, what is it?
所以你以前是在
Black & Tan.
黑与褐
Yeah. Okay.
对 嗯
In the East Village. Mostly NYU students.
在东村 大多数都是纽约大学的学生
And how was that, working there?
在那里工作感觉怎么样
I hated it.
我不喜欢
Underage drinkers.
未成年人饮酒
Lots of puking, passing out.
喝得狂吐不止 烂醉如泥
You didn't card the students?
你没查那些学生的身份证吗
Well, the owner told us not to.
老板让我们别查
The place was packed every night.
那里每晚都人满为患
So, uh, why'd you leave there?
你为什么辞了呢
I didn't leave.
不是我辞了
They got shut down after some girl died in the place.
有个女孩死在酒吧 被迫关门了
Uh, okay, so where'd you bartend before that?
好吧 在那以前你还在哪里当过酒保
In Catskill, the Horseshoe Bar.
卡茨基尔 马蹄铁酒吧
That upstate? Yeah.
在上州吗 对
It's the only place for miles that isn't a gay bar,
那是方圆几里内唯一的非同志酒吧
so pretty much every night, it was jammed to the rafters.
基本每天晚上都挤得水泄不通
That was hard.
忙得要命
I was there two years.
我在那里干了两年
Do you mind if I ask why you smile like that?
我能问问你为什么笑成这样吗
Just trying to be easy.
只是想表现得轻松一点
Just trying to be easy?
想表现得轻松一点
Trying to be easy.
表现得轻松一点
Okay.
好吧
Okay, uh... The Horseshoe Bar.
好吧 嗯 马蹄铁酒吧
Okay, before that?
在那之前呢
Prison. Oh.
牢里 哦
Yikes, okay.
哎呀 好吧
Well, I'm not gonna pretend that's
我不会假装那
Um, what were you in prison for?
呃 你犯了什么事入的狱
Manslaughter. Okay, yikes.
过失杀人 嗯 哎呀
Wow. That's...
哇 这个
That's not my favorite thing about you.
这可算不上你的优点啊
I was 16, I was on drugs.
我当时16岁 吸了毒
I did it.
我杀了人
I served the time.
我服了刑
I'm clean and sober.
如今我是个全新的人了
Clean record for 20 years.
有二十年清白的履历
There you have it, ma'am.
情况就是这样 女士
Make your choice.
决定吧
Either way, I get it.
怎样我都能接受
I think maybe that smile is 'cause you're nervous, maybe?
我猜你的笑是因为紧张 是吧
Yeah.
是的
I get nervous for every job interview,
每次工作面试我都很紧张
'cause I know at some point I have to drop that news.
因为我必须得说出这件事
Takes me like 50 interviews to get a job.
我要参加五十个面试才能得到一份工作
It's what I live with. It's my fault.
这就是我的生活 是我自己的错
But I would like to know, you know, your inclination,
但我想知道 您的意向如何
so I can move on if I have to.
不行的话我就走了
Well, look, Jerold, thank you for your honesty.
嗯 Jerold 谢谢你这么诚恳
But the truth is, we're interviewing here now
可是事实上 我们进行面试的原因
because of a little drama of our own,
是我们这里发生了一些戏剧性的事件
and I'm not sure I want to
我不确定自己是否想要
invite more drama into the place, you know?
在这里加入更多的戏剧性成分
Okay, but I would argue that I'm--
好的 但我想为自己辩解一下
I'm sort of pre-drama'd.
我的戏剧性已经是过去式了
And I'm on lifelong parole.
我现在是终生假释
I mean, most human beings
大多数人
have potential to bring trouble and trauma,
都可能会惹麻烦
but I'm a rare case where I can't make another mistake.
但我是个罕见的个例 因为我不能再犯错了
I literally have my own personal law professional.
有专门的指法人员盯着我
Make sure that I'm cool and I stay in between the lines.
确保我不出问题 不会犯法
Most people you get in here, you don't know what they might do.
而这里的多数人 你不知道他们可能做出什么
That... doing anything for you?
这 对你有用吗
Yeah, I'm sorry, Jerold.
嗯 我很抱歉 Jerold
I can't-You know, I can't get past it.
我做不到 我过不了这个坎儿
But, um, I wish you luck.
但我祝你好运
It's okay. Okay.
没事 好吧
You want to leave your number, in case I hear of something or?
能不能留下你的号♥码 如果有什么消息通知你
Yeah? Sure, yeah.
行吗 当然
Here.
这里
I don't even like it anymore. Yeah, well, it's work.
我甚至都不喜欢它了 嗯 毕竟是工作
Yeah, but, like, I--
嗯 但我
I was so psyched when I got hired.
我被招进去的时候兴奋得要死
I always wanted to work there.
我一直想在那里工作
I-I screamed when I got the job, like
我 我得到这份工作的时候直接尖叫起来了 就像
like it was "American Idol" Or something.
就像"美国偶像"什么的那样
Yeah, but...
嗯 但
It's work.
毕竟是工作
Why do you keep saying that?
你为什么总说这句
Because it's work!
因为那毕竟是工作
My dad dreamed of walking on the moon
我爸的梦想是月球漫步
and then he walked on the moon and he got sick of it.
等他在月球上开始漫步之后 他就厌倦了
It's work. Yeah, but, like, I
那是工作 是的 但我
I knew that I wanted to work there since I was 18.
我18岁起就知道我想在那里工作了
I, uh, I was like, I'm gonna get into an Ivy League school
我 就像是 我要考进一所常春藤名校
and I'm gonna write for the school paper and build my portfolio.
我要给学校报社写文章 完成作品集
Then I'll intern at any magazine
然后我会去随便哪一家杂♥志♥实习
and then I'll get the first real job that opens up there.
接着我会在那里开始第一份正式工作
And then I will take my resume over to the "New Yorker"
之后我就要把我的简历投给<纽约客>
and get hired, and I did every step.
然后被招进去 我每一步都是这么走的
And, boom, dream realized,
突然之间 梦想成真
and two years later, I am totally... sick of it.
两年之后 我完全 厌倦了
Yeah, that's-That's like my dad.
对 那就像 像我爸爸一样
He knew he wanted to go to the moon since he was, like, five,
他五岁起就知道自己想要登月
and it was his total focus
他只专注于这一件事
So disappointing, because,
太令人失望了 因为
like, if this isn't satisfying, what is?
如果这还不能让我满意 那什么才能
I mean, why does anybody want to do anything?
为什么人要有梦想
What am I supposed to do, you know?
我该怎么办
Try for my second-favorite thing and hope that's better?
尝试我第二喜欢的事物希望那会好一点
Yeah.
对
That's what I'm saying.
那就是我想说的
My dad said that getting to the moon was, like,
我爸说 登月这事
the most depressing thing
是他这辈子遇到的
that ever happened to him, because now what?
最让人沮丧的事了 因为 然后呢
You know?
你知道吗
Do you even know what I'm saying, though?
你到底知道我在说什么吗
Like, achieving your goals, and you achieve them,
为目标奋斗 达到目标
and then it turns out that they're just more shit.
然后却发现不过如此
Are you even listening to me?
你到底有没有听我说话
Am I even here?
你知道我在这吗
What?
什么
Do you give a shit what anyone says to you?
你♥他♥妈♥对别人说的话上过一点心吗
Wh-What is your problem?
你 你怎么了
I'm telling you this thing about my father,
我在跟你说我父亲的事
and it's totally pertaining to your whole thing,
跟你说的事情完全是相互关联的
but you don't even register it.
可你一点都没听进去
Wow, you're like-You're being hostile.
你好像 你很有敌意
And by the way, my father walked on the fucking moon.
顺便一说 我爸在特么的月球上散过步
I told you that, like, ten times, and zero reaction!
我跟你说了大概十遍了 你毫无反应
Well, what do you want me to say? Whoop-dee-doo?
你指望我说什么 真是好牛逼啊
No, but at least acknowledge it.
不 但至少表示你听到了
At least, like...
至少
If someone tells you that their dad walked on the moon,
如果有人告诉你他们的爸爸在月球漫步
you don't just say the next thing about you.
别再接着光说你的事了
Oh, God...
天啊
Just, like, "Oh, wow, really?"
只要说 "哦 哇 真的吗"
剧集 | 百年酒馆(2016) | 导航列表