剧集 | 百年酒馆(2016) | 导航列表
So...
是这样的
when Glen and I first got married,
Glen跟我刚结婚的时候
his parents gave us, as a wedding gift, um,
他的父母给了我们一栋小房♥子 在宾夕法尼亚
a little house that they had in Pennsylvania.
作为结婚礼物
They had it since they were married back in,
那是他们结婚时就有的房♥子
I don't know, '69,
大概是69年吧
and now they spend their summers in a bigger house
现在他们搬进了一栋更大的房♥子里过夏天
that they moved into that's right near the little house
就在小房♥子附近
and I think that they partly gave it to us
我觉得他们把房♥子给我们
so that they could see Glen's kids more,
有一部分原因是想多看看Glen的孩子们
since we would be spending all of our summers right by them,
因为这样的话 我们每年夏天都会离他们很近
uh, which I didn't mind at all, because I liked them, and...
我一点也不介意 我喜欢他们
And... I don't know.
还有 我也不知道
But after all the chapters in my life being married to you,
但在我人生的那么多风风雨雨之后 比如跟你结婚
having the kids,
生了孩子
the... whole mess, divorce,
那一堆破事 离婚
teaching public high school,
在公立高中教书
I'd stopped really giving
我已经完全不再
a shit about my own personal space, you know?
在意我的私人空间了
It was just like, well, everybody, hey, come on in,
就像是 大家好 都进来吧
you know, take whatever you want.
想要什么都行 予取予求
So we started going there every summer.
于是我们每个夏天都去那里
And it's really nice there.
那里真的很不错
Just tall trees for days.
遮天蔽日的高大树木
Um, something about a place that gets so cold in the winter,
那里的冬天非常冷
'cause in the summer, there's all this moisture,
到了夏天 到处都是水雾
and so there's still these pockets of cool air,
所以还保留了一点冷空气
even in the hottest parts of the summer.
即便是在夏天里最热的时候
I loved it.
我很喜欢
And...
而且
Glen's kids would romp
Glen的孩子们会在那里玩耍
and he loved taking them fishing,
他也很爱带他们去钓鱼
and there was a horse farm nearby
周围有一家马场
and they would all borrow horses and go riding
他们会租马去骑
and, uh, Roger and Beth, Glen's parents,
Roger和Beth 是Glen的父母
they would come over almost every night for dinner.
他们几乎每天晚上都会来吃饭
And it was real easy. It, uh...
生活很安逸
I didn't mind that it was all Glen's family,
我不在乎他们都是Glen的家人
his parents, his kids, and then me.
他的父母 他的孩子 然后才是我
I was okay with that.
我能接受这些
I just thought, well, I can do this for as long as it works.
我就是想 可以的话我愿意一直这样下去
And it...
这
Really...
真的
nothing ever went wrong,
一切照常
'cause nobody had any issues,
因为大家都很好
Glen's kids and I, we-- we never had any bumps or...
Glen的孩子们和我 从来都没有吵过架
It was just real easy.
生活真的很舒适
And I used to love going to sleep in the country
我以前很喜欢在乡间入睡
with the bugs buzzing and frogs and...
伴着虫鸣蛙声
And then waking up in the quiet,
在寂静中醒来
'cause I used to get up before anybody else did.
因为我过去总是比所有人都起得早
That was my time.
那是属于我的时间
And so, also, Roger would come over a lot, Glen's dad.
所以 Roger Glen的父亲也经常会过来
He's real handy, Glen's not handy, so Roger would come over
他的手很巧 Glen就不行 于是Roger会过来
and tend to stuff around the little house,
修整一下小房♥子的东西
'cause I think he never really let go of the feeling
我觉得他从来都没有真正放下过那种感觉
that that was still his to care for.
觉得这里还是他的房♥子 需要他去关照
And Beth, um...
而Beth
was just kinda quiet.
就很安静
Like together they're quiet,
他们在一起时总是很安静
like their whole relationship is...
就像他们的整个关系
kind of a secret.
像是个秘密
They would come over together and sit and watch everybody
他们会一起过来 坐着看看其他人
with these two peaceful smiles on their face,
脸上挂着平静的微笑
like they're already ghosts,
好像他们已经是幽灵了
silently watching over the grandkids,
正在沉默地注视他们的孙辈
but by himself, Roger, he-- he-- he would talk and tell stories.
但是只有他自己的时候 Roger 他 他 他会聊天 讲故事
Uh, he...
他
He's very...
他很
He has that kind of man's ego from another time,
他有一种来自另一个时代的男人的自我价值感
when it wasn't considered just being an asshole,
在那个年代自负一点不会被骂混♥蛋♥
when it was a virtue, you know,
还算得上是种美德的时候
'cause he grew up in Michigan, and I just think
因为他是密歇根长大的
that it's really interesting to know somebody
而且我只是觉得 认识一个比自己
that has a quarter-century head start on you.
老四分之一个世纪的人 是很有趣的
It's like getting to talk to a time machine.
就像有机会跟时间机器对话一样
So he would come over and do stuff around the house,
他会过来 在房♥子周围干些活
and I'd make him coffee and he would talk while he worked.
我给他倒咖啡 他会一边做事一边聊天
And I would listen and laugh.
我就听着笑着
He's really funny.
他真的很好玩
And I'd watch him.
我就看着他
I mean, he's 84.
我是说 他84岁了
And in all those years,
在这些年里
he never stopped using his muscles, his body.
他一直在使用他的肌肉 他的身体
So he comes over and works
当他过来干活的时候
and, um, usually takes his shirt off after a while,
经常过不了多久就会把衬衫脱了
and when you look at a man's 84-year-old body
当你看着一个男人84岁的身体
and you see the skin turn red
看着他的皮肤
and then sweaty with the work that he's doing
随着他干着干了一辈子的活计
all of his life,
而变红 发汗
and a man who doesn't have to prove anything
他不用向小房♥子里的任何人
to anybody in that little house.
证明任何事
He would tell me stories about his past in the Navy
他会告诉我他从前在海军的故事
and growing up on his parents' farm,
还有在他父母的农场里成长的故事
but he-- he didn't really
但他 他并不是很
care that it was me that he was telling.
在意是我在听他说话
He was just being social.
他只是在社交
He never looked at me much.
他从没有多看我一眼
But I would stare at him
但我会盯着他
'cause I could, 'cause he wasn't looking back.
因为我可以 因为他不会回看
So this one day when he comes over to fix the porch boards,
有一天 他来修门廊的地板
he drives up in this little truck that he has.
他开着他的小卡车上来的
I can hear the truck from all the way down the hill.
我能听到他的卡车在山脚下发出的声音
The house is up on a little hill and then there's nothing
我们的房♥子在一座小山上 我们两座房♥子之间
but woods between their place and ours.
除了树林什么都没有
And so whenever he comes, I hear that little engine,
不管他什么时候来 我都能听到小小的引擎声
I hear the-- him switching his gears when he comes up the hill.
我听到 他爬坡时换挡的声音
So it's morning and Glen's got the kids out on the lake
那是个早晨 Glen带着孩子们去了湖边
and I'm all alone and I'm sunbathing out on the lawn,
我一个人 在草地上晒日光浴
which feels stupid,
虽然觉得很傻
but I just wanted to feel the sun on my body
但我想要感受阳光照在我的身体上
and I'm alone, so who cares?
我又是一个人 有什么关系呢
And I'm laying back in the chaise in my only bikini that I ever--
我躺在躺椅上 身上穿着我唯一的一件比基尼
that I ever, ever bought myself.
唯一一件买♥♥给自己的
And I just let my legs... go open,
我的双腿 大开着
'cause I want the sun on the inside of my thighs,
因为我希望太阳能照进我的大腿中间
and it just feels good to be in the woods
这种感觉太好了 在树林里
alone and letting the sun in,
独自一人 让太阳照进来
just splayed like a frog, legs open and...
像一只青蛙一样伸展开 张♥开♥双♥腿♥
letting the sun.
感受阳光
And then I hear the little truck.
然后我听到了小卡车的声音
I hear it, uh, coming.
我听到它 靠近了
And I smile like I always do, with my eyes closed.
我像平时一样微笑着 闭着眼睛
And I hear it getting nearer and nearer,
我听到它越来越近
and I think, well, right where he's gonna pull in,
我想 他会在那里停车
he's gonna see me like that,
他会看到我这个样子
and here I am with my legs open
双腿大开
and I'd better close them and lay here like a lady does.
我最好合上腿 像个淑女一样躺着
And then I thought, oh, well, what if I don't?
然后我又想 如果我不呢
What if I lay here with my eyes closed and my legs open
如果我闭着眼 张着腿
剧集 | 百年酒馆(2016) | 导航列表