剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
Sitting.
呃,我来这里是为了提供一些安慰,
Uh, I am here to offer some measure of comfort,
见证这次交流——
to witness this exchange--
不是在法律意义上,我们都在签署保密协议——
not in the legal sense, we‘re all signing NDAs--
但代表你。
but on your behalf.
情感上。
Emotionally.
我无法阻止他们提出他们的意愿。
I can‘t stop them from proposing what they will.
提议。
Proposing.
他们将传达一个数字,一个数量,
They‘re going to convey a number, an amount,
已被搁置以巩固协议
that has been set aside to cement an agreement
在您和各方之间。
between you and all parties.
一个回报。嘘钱。
A payoff. Hush money.
这是我绝对不想要的。
Which I definitely don‘t want.
那就别这么想了。
Don‘t think of it like that, then.
将其视为在 Mase Carbon 出色工作的奖励。
Think of it as a bonus for work well done at Mase Carbon.
这就是全部。
That‘s all this is.
但这还不是全部,不是吗?
But that‘s not all, is it?
是一笔总付。
It‘s a lump sum.
我接受它。
And I take it.
因为我这样做,
And because I do,
突然之间的权力动态
all of a sudden a power dynamic
以前从未存在过。
that never existed before rears up.
不是在他和我之间,而是在你我之间。
Not between him and me, but between all of you and me.
这里总是有一种权力动态在起作用。
There‘s always been a power dynamic at play here.
除非你在那里,而我知道你不在,
Unless you were there, and I know you weren‘t,
你没有决定权。
you don‘t get to decide that.
我不要钱。
I don‘t want money.
我要你相信我。
I want you to trust me.
嗯,这可能是不可能的。
Well, that may be impossible.
对,因为我可以为他搞砸事情。
Right, ‘cause I could fuck things up for him.
但我不想,
But I don‘t want to,
你必须对我有信心。
and you kind of have to have faith in me on that.
钱会让事情变得更糟。
Money is gonna make it way worse.
如果钱不在桌子上,
If money is off the table,
然后我们需要关注接触点。
then we need to focus on points of contact.
-嗯。 -[踏板车] 没有。
-Ew. -[Scooter] No.
记者能找到的。
The ones reporters can find.
Wags 雇用的人可以找到,
The ones people Wags employs can find,
因为他们看到了一切,听到了一切,知道了一切。
because they see all, hear all, and know all.
[Wags] 不容易,但我们做到了。
[Wags] Not easy, but we got it done.
那天晚上和第二天早上的一切
Everything about that night and the morning after
被锁定。
is locked down.
敲掉手♥机♥三角测量,
Knocked out cell phone triangulation,
擦洗记录。
scrubbed records.
NDA 已由您的晨跑司机签署。
NDA‘s been signed by your morning-after driver.
已经在禁言令下的太子管家已经——
Prince housekeepers, already under gag orders, have been--
那么,虽然我没有得到回报,
Well, then, while I‘m not taking a payoff,
你可能应该花点力气
you should probably expend some effort
接下来的两天也要消毒。
sanitizing the following two days as well.
[叹气]
[sighs]
这是,A,一个大♥比♥例的混♥蛋♥
Is this, A, a fuckup of major proportion
这将定义我的余生,
that will define the rest of my life,
B,一个非受迫性错误,只是雷达上的一个小信♥号♥♥,
B, an unforced error that‘s merely a blip on the radar,
或者C,一种人生经历,既不好也不坏,
or C, a life experience, neither good nor bad,
我从中学习?
that I learn from?
答案是D。
The answer is D.
这是你现在决定做的任何事情。
It‘s whatever you decide to make it right now.
你这么说是为了让我失望吗
Are you saying that to just put me off
因为你对我的所作所为很生气?
because you‘re pissed at what I did?
我不会因为你和王子上♥床♥而生你的气。
I am not angry with you for sleeping with Prince.
在你这个年纪,表达你自己和你的愿望是必要的。
At your age, expressing yourself and your desires is necessary.
是成长。
It‘s growth.
伤害,虽然?我有没有伤害你——?
Hurt, though? Did I hurt you by--?
当你在聚会上提出异议时,你对我撒谎了吗?
Did you lie to me when you demurred at the party?
不。
No.
我完全理解你所说的和意思。
I understood exactly what you said and meant.
我他妈的钦佩你了解自己
And I fucking admired you for knowing yourself
说得好。
well enough to say it.
这意味着你在和王子交往之前就已经足够了解了
Which means you knew enough before hooking up with Prince
校准之后的感觉,
to calibrate what it might feel like afterwards,
你知道你可以在情感上处理它。
and you knew you could handle it emotionally.
那是在我理解这个级别的dealio之前。
That was before I understood the dealio at this level.
那么你现在想要什么?
And so what do you want now?
我想...
I want...
我不想以任何方式烧死王子。
I don‘t want to burn Prince in any way.
我希望他能考虑清楚,但是——
I wish he‘d have thought this through, but--
他的胃口,它没有关闭
The appetite he has, it doesn‘t turn off
只是因为他的大脑告诉它。
just because his brain tells it to.
是的。
Yeah.
但我也不想被烧死。
But I also don‘t want to be burnt.
当人们发现时,
And when people find out,
我会感觉非常非常糟糕。
I‘m gonna feel really, really bad.
然后不要让他们。
Then don‘t let them.
我该如何控制它?
How do I control that?
你拿钱了吗?
Did you take the money?
不,不。
No. No.
然后你仍然在控制,
Then you are still in control,
你从这里控制你做的每一件事。
and you control every single thing you do from here.
事情是通过行为来揭示的。
Affairs are revealed through behavior.
这就是给配偶的,
That‘s what gives spouses,
或者,在这种情况下,记者,线索。
or, in this case reporters, the clues.
所以我就装作什么都没发生过
So I act like nothing happened,
然后就像什么都没发生一样?
and then it‘s like nothing happened?
这对许多连环杀手都有效
That has worked for many a serial killer
通过几个世纪。
through the centuries.
问题是,一段时间后,
The problem is, after a while,
让别人知道你所做的事情的冲动,
the urge to let someone in on what you‘ve done,
其意义,导致错误。
of its significance, leads to mistakes.
杀戮越来越近。
The killings get closer together.
方法变得更加狂野。
The methods get wilder.
然后突然,警♥察♥就在他们家门口。
Then suddenly, the cops are at their door.
我不想让任何人在我家门口。
I don‘t want anyone at my door.
然后小心谨慎。
Then be careful and aware.
如果,在任何时候,你改变主意
And if, at any time, you change your mind
或者决定这不是你想要的,
or decide this isn‘t what you wanted,
或者你想保密的事情,我在这里。
or what you want to keep secret, I‘m here.
并且会在这里。
And will be here.
无论你走什么路,我都会支持你。
And I will back you in whatever path you take.
到他妈的最后,瑞安。
To the fucking end, Rian.
[啜饮和吞咽]
[slurps and gulps]
我不敢相信这些年来你必须喝这种垃圾。
I can‘t believe you had to drink this garbage all these years.
我对咖啡的柏拉图式理想是我在大学时喝的那种。
My platonic ideal of coffee was the one I drank in college.
我的学习伙伴来自乡下。
My study partner was from the country.
肮脏,而且,呃,
Dirt-poor, and, uh,
她曾经把咖啡豆扔进沸水里,
she used to throw coffee beans in boiling water,
把纸巾放在杯子上,直接倒进去。
and put a paper towel over a cup and pour it right through.
咖啡让我们整晚都在研究论文。
Coffee kept us grinding on our papers all night.
你很有钱。你可以给她买♥♥一台机器。
You were rich. You could‘ve bought her a machine.
即使在那时,我也知道该怎么做
Even then, I knew the thing to do
是要学会爱烂。
was to learn to love the suck.
我对这意味着什么没有任何幻想
I had no illusions about what it would mean
屈服于我对更舒适,更轻松的方式的渴望。
to give in to my desire for a more comfortable, easier way.
这就是为什么我有你在我身边。
That‘s why I have you by my side.
我们走吧。我们即将开始
Let‘s go. We‘re just about to get to the part
Chuck 告诉我们他是如何获得驱动器的。
where Chuck tells us how he got the drive.
-偷了,你是说。 -进来吧。让我们找出答案。
-Stole it, you mean. -Come on in. Let‘s find out.
一个硬面塑料箱被送到安全档案馆
A hard-sided plastic case was delivered to the secure archives
普林斯旗下的每一家公♥司♥,
of each of Prince‘s companies,
我获得工作机会的公♥司♥。
the very same companies where I was offered jobs.
我需要把手放在其中之一上。
And I need to put my hand to one of these.
让我们来看看。
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表